Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 06-01-2018, 07:46 PM
Master

hotel california

he wouldnt let me leave.
I packed up some things and knew I had to walk because my car was scrap metal (my second car is in real life)
but when i got to the door he was standing in my way. my father. not letting me go.

what does this mean.

I think it presented as my father. so its some kind of authority over me.

(this is the second dream i have had where he is in the doorway blocking it) why? why dad? what aspect of this is myself? mind? dad represents my mind? block?
Old 07-01-2018, 06:39 AM
Guide

Ah... could you give a little more context... why is the post called hotel california?
Old 07-01-2018, 06:51 AM
Master

because i felt like i couldnt leave when i wanted to.

i dont live with my father in real life. Because i am from my father biologically, i wonder if dream reality uses him as the authority as a father is man of the house, head of the home, etc. My soul eager to find something more, but mind saying, stay put.
Old 07-01-2018, 08:11 AM
Newbie ;)

For me, if it was my dream, houses mean past / store things that happened in the past. My short interpretation is that at somepoint in you life you let someone (who had authority of sorts over you, thus dad) decide your actions and course in life. This has created a block, either existing or solved that is still lingering at some level.

I think what is the most important, atleast in my dreams, are the feelings and atmosphere it stirs in you. Did it cause you stress and what kind of stress or did you accepted the fact that you werent allowed to leave. Do you even want to leave when you know you have a (possible long) walk infront of you? Many aspects to ponder.

If you can recall the dream and enter it again, would you be able to change your decisions and reactions? Even in your imagination, could you trace the scene and solve it differently. There are other ways out than the door if you really want to leave. Be creative.

Just my musings. :)
Old 07-01-2018, 09:18 AM
Master

thank you skogsdotter. i'll look into other ways of leaving.
Old 10-01-2018, 02:28 AM
Guide

Did you mean that you haven't met or seen your father in real life? I would say that this dream is kinda obvious now that you mention that. But first what was the feeling you were receiving from this father figure?

For right now I can only say that this person is standing in a doorway not allowing you to pass. So depending on your interpretation of this father I would say its either.... protecting you from going out into the world with a bad vehicle which could be potentially dangerous or this person is more of an idea or thought form that is blocking you from new experiences.... it would be interpreted as a metaphor in that way...

Do you feel that not having a father in life is limiting?
Old 10-01-2018, 03:51 AM
Master

Haha yeah and my father announces today that he wants to retire here in my hometown (he's lived away since I was 6) and wants my mothers companionship. After, decades of being apart. She's still the gal he keeps in his heart.

Good luck pops with ma but It's what the family needs.

My car is going in two days. I actually just got given another car to sell and keep the coin. The father God is providing. Family and financial gain(s).