Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 11-08-2012, 06:11 AM
deepsea

Even spiritualist churches have their 'cold readers'.
Some good mediums and some bad.
Deepsea
Old 11-08-2012, 06:19 AM
glenos

But when you get a good medium with a good address there's little to touch it. I have seen some in congregations in tears of relief and joy to know that their loved ones have not gone with top notch evidential mediumship. The bread and butter of Spiritualist Churches in my opinion. Some of the addresses have been absolutely knock-out that I have witnessed too.

G
Old 11-08-2012, 08:19 AM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
But when you get a good medium with a good address there's little to touch it. I have seen some in congregations in tears of relief and joy to know that their loved ones have not gone with top notch evidential mediumship. The bread and butter of Spiritualist Churches in my opinion. Some of the addresses have been absolutely knock-out that I have witnessed too.

G

Oh,I remember your mum,G.
One of the best.
But the best evidence I ever had was hearing hubby's voice myself.
Once only but he kept his word,he would be in touch.

J.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:00 AM
glenos

Fantastic J. Mega good (welling up here I am) Such incredible evidence.
I had the same thing the morning of her funeral. That changed the day I can tell you(!) She said that she'd come back and haunt my best buddy and he laughed (in fun) but blow me down she did and he freaked out calling his electrician brother to ask if 'it' was possible... he said no.

G
Old 11-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Experiencer

I just wish there was a Spiritualist church around here. I'd go if the congregation was cold or friendly, if the sermons and hymn singing were great or lousy or non-existent, or if the evidential mediumship was great or mediocre.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:03 PM
Administrator
Hello

I would say that from any church there is something one can take from going there in something that might well fit to what one beleives. Its really a matter of balance and being open to take in what fits and gently disregard the rest that does not fit.

I was raised in the Anglacan Chuch and being so sensitive to Spirits as a child I never found the answers I needed there and I grew to honstly dispise going. I finally left at 13 when I totally said "no more". From then I tried on a lot of different beleifs and religions. More so when I turned 18 and was free from home.

I went from beleiving in God to the polar opposite of God....and finally found that place of balance.

I help run a Metaphysical Society ( church in a way to me ) but we do not call it that. It is a place where we welcome and honour all faiths, and we are open to hear about experiences along that path. We too embrace the psychics, mediums, healers in that space.

I have found if a place has a "dogma" that is too firmly in place and to be followed its not for me, if its open to let one grow with what fits to what path one is on then its the right place to be.

Lynn
Old 11-08-2012, 04:47 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Fantastic J. Mega good (welling up here I am) Such incredible evidence.
I had the same thing the morning of her funeral. That changed the day I can tell you(!) She said that she'd come back and haunt my best buddy and he laughed (in fun) but blow me down she did and he freaked out calling his electrician brother to ask if 'it' was possible... he said no.

G

That what happens when we don't believe,G.
Fear sets in and we get the colly wobbles....
Must admit I always had a certain doubt about a 'spirit world' but after I heard that voice all doubt went.
How you getting on,me old mate?
Joan
Old 11-08-2012, 04:49 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Behind
I just wish there was a Spiritualist church around here. I'd go if the congregation was cold or friendly, if the sermons and hymn singing were great or lousy or non-existent, or if the evidential mediumship was great or mediocre.

Jim,is there no private meetings near where you live?
Not for PM but just a small circle.
Is there many people you know that may be interested in Spiritualism?
You only need a few to start off.....
Deepsea
Old 11-08-2012, 05:12 PM
glenos

'Colly wobbles' I haven't heard that in a while J.
I remember sitting in rooms, the scout huts, the chilly Quakers meeting house that smelt of gas fires and stale biscuits, with just a few in the congregation all singing our hearts out (well they did) Pin-point accuracy in messages, addresses under trance, booming voices of spirit, gentle quiet voices of spirit, faces changing before our very eyes.. with just a few privvy to the greatest knowledge known to man. These are the places it realy begun, to me at least. Now look at us all 'spirit' being spoken of by tens of thousands from all over the world. Incredible. Much of it a bit off track but there all the same. We were getting very advaced souls coming through to address us and through mediums who were often little old ladies in black shoes and all prim and propper like to the cockney types who had us laughing fit to bust.
Top flight mediums are quite rare these days but I see it as a trade off. I'd swap those evenings of bang on evidence for what we have today any time because the word is out. The ground work has been done, and from there all manner of things have sprung forth.. Healing centres, metaphysical societies, meeting houses, gatherings of people who know that this time on the earth-plane is but a fleeting moment in all of our spiritual advancement in this, the hardest school of all.
In the last few years I have seen goodly sized rooms filled with standing room only, not enough chairs. The top flight evidential types will be back but in their and spirits time not ours. Imagine it then....!

G
Old 11-08-2012, 05:45 PM
deepsea

Quote:
'Colly wobbles' I haven't heard that in a while J.
I remember sitting in rooms, the scout huts, the chilly Quakers meeting house that smelt of gas fires and stale biscuits, with just a few in the congregation all singing our hearts out (well they did) Pin-point accuracy in messages, addresses under trance, booming voices of spirit, gentle quiet voices of spirit, faces changing before our very eyes.. with just a few privvy to the greatest knowledge known to man. These are the places it realy begun, to me at least. Now look at us all 'spirit' being spoken of by tens of thousands from all over the world. Incredible. Much of it a bit off track but there all the same. We were getting very advaced souls coming through to address us and through mediums who were often little old ladies in black shoes and all prim and propper like to the cockney types who had us laughing fit to bust.
Top flight mediums are quite rare these days but I see it as a trade off. I'd swap those evenings of bang on evidence for what we have today any time because the word is out. The ground work has been done, and from there all manner of things have sprung forth.. Healing centres, metaphysical societies, meeting houses, gatherings of people who know that this time on the earth-plane is but a fleeting moment in all of our spiritual advancement in this, the hardest school of all.
In the last few years I have seen goodly sized rooms filled with standing room only, not enough chairs. The top flight evidential types will be back but in their and spirits time not ours. Imagine it then....!

G

Quaker house? Would that have been at Wokingham?
We lived there at one time and attended the spiritualist church there which was held if I remember,in an old building which had been a Quaker house.
Can't remember much about the spirit meetings there.
Windsor was one I always remembered most.
I think as time goes on,Spiritualism will come back in full force.
The churches will be full,mark my words.
J.