Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 24-02-2013, 04:29 AM
Master

Though I usually respond to crystals instantly,I dont "get" moldavite yet.Maybe someday...sigh
Old 24-02-2013, 05:49 AM
SunMist

I had a moldavite that caused such unpleasant changes in my life I gave it away. One could argue - if determined to look for positive spin - that the changes were ones for my growth or future well-being. I would say if you have a moldavite and are meditating with it and feeling nothing, consider that it might be fake.
Old 24-02-2013, 09:42 AM
Master

Sunmist I think you are right.Ive no way of knowing if its fake or not.
As for strong reactions and changes,obsidian seems to do that as well.I find it quite strong but eventually healing.
Old 24-02-2013, 04:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunMist
I had a moldavite that caused such unpleasant changes in my life I gave it away. One could argue - if determined to look for positive spin - that the changes were ones for my growth or future well-being. I would say if you have a moldavite and are meditating with it and feeling nothing, consider that it might be fake.

Moldavite brings things to the surface which are blocking your spiritual growth/advancement. So as you suggested I would be willing to bet those unpleasant changes if dealt with would eventually somewhere down the road lead to your growth. That is pretty much Moldavite's strongest metaphysical property I have found. It will very rapidly bring things to the surface level where they must be acknowledged and dealt with. With in days of receiving my first piece an issue I had long shoved down deep inside of me quickly rose to the surface layer and I tried to ignore it. A few days later it arose again so I just gathered up my courage and dealt with it once and for all, I can say that it has really helped me grow as a person and as a spiritual being. Moldavite does what it does in such a rapid and often uncomfortable way people often cannot bear it. The issues it brings up are typically issues that we emotionally ignored because we could not deal with them, or they made us uncomfortable. So of course when they arise we are going to view it as a negative experience.
Old 24-02-2013, 04:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonincancer
Sunmist I think you are right.Ive no way of knowing if its fake or not.
As for strong reactions and changes,obsidian seems to do that as well.I find it quite strong but eventually healing.

Send me a picture of your Moldavite, I will be able to tell you if it's real or fake. I am a Moldavite expert to be honest. I can spot fakes from a mile away. If it is real and isn't doing anything it might be too small, or it might need to be cleansed and charged. So if possible upload a picture on the forums and send me the link, or send me the picture and I would be more than happy to tell you if your Moldavite is real or not. If it ends up being fake I can also help you locate and buy an authentic piece, if you want to that is. Take care.
Old 24-02-2013, 05:05 PM
Master

It is indeed too small, almost invisble:)thats the only size I could afford.
Will try to take pic n upload.Thanks Astral explorer, much appreciated!
Old 24-02-2013, 05:15 PM
Master

Astral explorer its too tiny to be photographed properly.I tried.Its sort of bottle green in colour,translucent,see through, and about half a cm each in length and width.
Thanks anyway
Old 24-02-2013, 06:01 PM
Likes2Read

If it's a bright bottle green in color, exactly as bright as bottle glass, that could be a sign of a counterfeit. If it's a shade of green that's darker than bottle glass, that's a good sign.

If you google for "counterfeit moldavite" and "fake moldavite" you will find sites that contain images of real and counterfeit pieces, so you can compare the two.

I am inclined to think that a counterfeiter would be more likely to falsify a BIG piece than a tiny one, since the profits are so much higher for large specimens, but who knows?

Moldavite is a natural form of glass. Counterfeiters can, and do, make a mold from a REAL piece of moldavite and use it to cast realistically-shaped fakes using manmade glass. This is one reason why we need to pay attention to the shade(s) of green that the stone is. Fake pieces can be bright green like a bottle, because that's exactly where their glass came from.
Old 24-02-2013, 07:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonincancer
Astral explorer its too tiny to be photographed properly.I tried.Its sort of bottle green in colour,translucent,see through, and about half a cm each in length and width.
Thanks anyway

With smaller pieces they are usually pretty clear and so they will look like a pale shade of green. But Moldavite varies from different regions without a doubt. I just recently received a 9 gram piece from Protivin and it's thicker than a piece I just received from Nesmen. The piece from Protivin is very clearish and you can only see a little bit of green in it, but the piece from Nesmen is an extremely dark olive green and you don't see much clearish white in it like the one from Protivin. So it can vary from piece to piece depending on it's location and some other circumstances. If it is bright bottle green even though it's small it is likely a fake. I imagine with a really small piece it's going to be clearish with just a tint of green. Also like Likes2Read suggested with such a small piece it's not likely a counterfeit, most counterfeits are larger pieces or at least average size pieces (around the 10 gram mark).
Old 24-02-2013, 08:40 PM
Master
Hi Astrol Travorer,
I have a nckalce with Moldavite in it, however there is the chance that they are fake and to be honest I can't tell, the little nodules are definetly all different on each stone, so they aren't from the same mold cast if it's a fake, the backs also have the little nodules, which makes it higher end craftmanship if it is a fake. The stones are all irregular shaped, no conformity. They are set with labradoite so I'm definity getting energy readings off the necklace but can't tell whether it's the Labradoite I'm feeling or both energy signals together.
Thought maybe you could take a look and see if you can figure out things one way or another.