Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 07-10-2011, 05:10 PM
goddess9

I don't mind tumbled stones...easier to keep in my pocket (or bra). :) I am getting a nice little chunk of orange calcite and that will not come with me. I'm very picky with textures and if my fingers don't find it pleasant, I won't even deal with it. I like touch.

I am upset of this dying too. I found a nice place to buy mixes but 40% of them are dyed. Whyyyy? I want these beautiful rocks as they came out of the earth...just shiny!
Old 09-10-2011, 12:24 AM
feralfae

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
I have to admit I am attached more to rough cut stones and crystals then I am to tumbled and finished ones.I don't know maybe it is because they are in like their natural state. Does anyone else have this preference?

I have the same preference. :-) Although I do use tumbled and finished stones, sometimes. And yeah, I have issues with dyeing as well.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:39 AM
BlackWolf

I have never ever been attracted to turquois. I think it's ugly and never wear anything with turqouis (jewelry).
Old 09-10-2011, 12:44 AM
Astraia

I have a big problem with Hematite, I can't stand to even touch one, they make me nauseous.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:16 AM
BlackWolf

I wonder what it is that makes us so repulsed by some stones. I HATE turquois but others love it. Is it the energy from the stone that a person doesn't like about it?
Old 09-10-2011, 02:43 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Stones that don't necessarily draw you.

I have heard of stones that speak to you, I didn't realize there were stones that could draw too !
What will they think of next ?

Interesting title for a thread.

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 09-10-2011, 11:49 AM
atara

Talking not drawn to

I am not drawn to brown stones/or the color brown in general. Earth tones ..nope.

Ironically I am a "winter" on the color palette and browns aren't in my best colors for me to wear as clothing either. I thought that was cool.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:50 PM
Experiencer

I went to a crystal and gem show this past weekend, where everything in the room was hiding from me. There were very interesting samples there, and some very beautiful items, but I was just not meant to take anything home.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:32 PM
Kristin050585

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraia
I have a big problem with Hematite, I can't stand to even touch one, they make me nauseous.

A friend of mine has the same problem. She can't touch rainbow moonstone or labradorite either.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:22 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings Everyone:

Every stone has specific properties, energies, and gifts to offer.

Stones we are drawn to are the ones that are best suited to our basic nature. Stones that repel us could very well be touching upon issues that we are not (yet) ready to face.

I have read the entire thread and would like to offer that Rose Quartz (along w/ being associated w/ love) is (also) the stone that encourages us to take personal responsibility and acknowledge our part in whatever situation is currently blocking our personal path work and progress. Hemitite is a stone that can help us to focus on and improve our communication skills--especially with ill-intentioned and troublesome people. Brown stones such as Jasper, Tigers Eye, and Petrified Wood--all have individual gifts--but what they have in common is the ability to help us become more grounded and focused. Labradorite and Lapis Lazuli are tricky stones (indeed) for they help us to face and deal with old issues concerning all forms of abuse and (unfortunately) many people are unsettled by them--simply because they are not ready.

I have studied crystals and stones for many years and have many reference books--because I use them regularly. My suggestion--if you really desire to understand why a particular crystal (or stone) repels you--is to study the basic personality and properties of the offender and I believe you will find the answer lies within yourselves.

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...