Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 26-07-2011, 06:58 AM
FaeNathara

I realize I'm new here, so my opinion might not be welcome but I had a thought while reading this thread.

Maybe the crystals in the store weren't for you. Maybe that store wasn't for you (and frankly, not for me, either!). But often times people value things based on what they paid for. So maybe some well-off person would be willing to pay that kind of price, whereas if they bought a $2 crystal they may well equate it with trash and not realize it's true potential.

I might be biased because I make my living in the spiritual realm, but I also give away a lot for free.
Old 26-07-2011, 09:34 AM
Knower
FaeNathara your opinions are always welcome!! That's the beauty of this place :). Thank you for sharing!! I was really annoyed that day & having my rant made me feel much better!
Old 26-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Lady of the Mountain

I once walked into a crystal store and the proprietor was advising a customer how crystals could be used in black magic. I thought I must have heard wrong so just continued on into the shop. I had been looking around for a few minutes when I got the sense that there were eyes on me so I turned around and the proprietor, the customer, and another person were all staring at me. I eyed them back for a few seconds then turned back to my wanderings through the shop. Then I overheard more of the conversation and I knew I hadn't heard wrong the first time and it was time to leave.
As I was walking out, the proprietor called out to me, she came over and told me not to come back to her store, my "sort" wasn't welcome.
I smiled at her, wished her a good day, nodded at the other two, walked out and never looked back.
Old 26-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Dawn

FaeNathara, welcome to Spiritual Forums and, please, don't worry about your post count. If you feel moved to post something, feel free to do so. ^_^

And I have to agree with you about the people who have a 'high price tag = best of the best' mentality. I have a sister like that. (I'm the youngest of 4 girls.) Ever since she was little she's had to buy 'the best'. Best clothes, best electronics, best jewelry, etc.
~*shakes my head*~ I just don't get it. Then again, I'm the sort of person who's content shopping at Wal-mart, Dollar General, and Fred's and buying cheap brands instead of high end names. (Of course, with some foods I'm just not going to quibble with. I like Kraft Mac & Cheese! I can't help it, I just do! Darn that cheese sause!!! )

>I might be biased because I make my living in the spiritual realm, but I
>also give away a lot for free.
~*chuckles*~ Ohh believe you me, you're not alone on that note. And, between us, I think things are better when given freely. There's a sort of ... love? kindness? given with the passing on of whatever the item is, simply because it is given freely, not with the mindset of 'if you give me money for this, then I'll give you that'. (Of course, this isn't to say you should just go out and give up absolutely everything you have while screaming "I LOVE YOU WORLD!!!" You have to keep some things for yourself. ~*pats my couch*~ Case in point. ^_~)

^_^ No worries about it, Gabes. It's not like you're alone on that note. Besides, a rant can do you good. ^_~ Chocolate?

Lady of the Mountain, O_o Yikes, what a scary bunch!!
Good for you that you were so calmly, respectfully composed as you were, and walked out as you did.
~*shudders*~ ugh. People like that give me the big-time willies.
Old 26-07-2011, 01:32 PM
LightFilledHeart

Lovely post, Dawn!!! And da chocolate looks scrumptious..!
Old 26-07-2011, 04:21 PM
FaeNathara

There are a LOT of people out there with the 'best of the best' mentality. I figure I can't knock what works for them.

OMG, look at all that chocolate!

Lady of the Mountain - now I'm kind of curious - what 'sort' are you? LOL
Old 26-07-2011, 04:51 PM
Dawn

lol LightFilledHeart, thank you ~*offers you as well as FaeNathara one of the chocolates as I nom one myself*~ Mmm. Milk chocolate. <3 <3
Old 27-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Lady of the Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaeNathara
Lady of the Mountain - now I'm kind of curious - what 'sort' are you? LOL

Going by the conversation I overheard, I'm not that sort.
Old 27-07-2011, 12:58 PM
Dawn

Lady of the Mountain, and thank Heaven for that.
Old 27-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Sungirl

I've not read anything other than the OP so I am keeping my gob shut and not saying anything... I could rant for hours about people like this!!!!!!!!!!!!