Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 20-03-2011, 02:12 AM
nightowl

Wood/Tree Energy

I know there is a lot out there about the energy of stones and crystals. What about wood, trees do you believe they have the ability to convey energy as well?

I know the Druids believed trees were sacred and possessed certain healing properties.

Is there anyone here who uses different types of wood or trees as an energy conductor or tool? Anyone have personal experiences with trees they would like to share?

nightowl
Old 20-03-2011, 02:43 AM
Master
I heard that trees contained strength energy. I walk and jog on trails a lot, and always felt an affinity with trees...all with nature really, but drawn to trees, old trees. They say when you are feeling weak, to 'hug' a tree, so I guess you can say I'm a tree hugger. :-)

Some days when I would feel full of despair, I would go to my favorite place, but I like to go early mornings, or evenings when very few, if anyone else is around and sometimes I just simply sit by a large tree, (lean on it)...these are my own little experiences. I just know I've always been drawn to trees, and then heard about it, or read it somewhere, but unfortunately, I can't recall where. No particular kind of tree, just so long as it's an older one for me.

I also have always had an attraction/affinity to stones and rocks. I always felt the energy, people would think I'm nuts, but I love rocks. I have a little bit of lake front, so at times I would go there and just lay on the 'beach' and look and feel the rocks. I have thousands I brought home. I get them from other lake beaches as well. It's almost like I become someone else when I am there gathering and admiring them.

Back to trees, I have planted hundreds of trees on my property as well, they are like my babies too. :-)
Old 20-03-2011, 02:52 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
I heard that trees contained strength energy. I walk and jog on trails a lot, and always felt an affinity with trees...all with nature really, but drawn to trees, old trees. They say when you are feeling weak, to 'hug' a tree, so I guess you can say I'm a tree hugger. :-)

Some days when I would feel full of despair, I would go to my favorite place, but I like to go early mornings, or evenings when very few, if anyone else is around and sometimes I just simply sit by a large tree, (lean on it)...these are my own little experiences. I just know I've always been drawn to trees, and then heard about it, or read it somewhere, but unfortunately, I can't recall where. No particular kind of tree, just so long as it's an older one for me.

I also have always had an attraction/affinity to stones and rocks. I always felt the energy, people would think I'm nuts, but I love rocks. I have a little bit of lake front, so at times I would go there and just lay on the 'beach' and look and feel the rocks. I have thousands I brought home. I get them from other lake beaches as well. It's almost like I become someone else when I am there gathering and admiring them.

Back to trees, I have planted hundreds of trees on my property as well, they are like my babies too. :-)

I certainly can relate to what you have shared I have an affinity for oak trees. My home is in the middle of a ring of oaks. One aspect of trees that always touch my heart is they give me a sense of safe shelter. I think of how the older more mature trees are always over looking and sheltering the saplings around them. Warms my heart, kind of like when you sit and lean against one huh...
Old 20-03-2011, 04:04 AM
Master
I love trees ! I have always been attracted to them, I always thought I was weird feeling so close to them the way I have. I definately draw a lot of energy from them. Especially older trees. When I am out in an area I have never been its the trees I am looking at, that I am drawn to. About 7 years ago we had a beautiful Bradford Pear tree - it was about 20 years old and it was awesome. It was sitting in the side of our Townhome and you can see it when you stood at the hall window. When my son was a baby I use to stop at the window with my son in my arms and show him the tree and all the birds in the tree. It was kind of a tradition for us to stop there to look at the tree and listen to the birds in the spring. Then when he was about 2 or 3 we use to sit under that tree and spend the day under it in the summer. It was wonderful. It felt like our tree. Me and my son. Then the board cut it down for some stupid reasons. I wasn't our property since it was a townhome. We owned the home and not the property surrounding it. My husband knew this when he planted the trees 20 years

It isn't about karma. It is about love. Love is beyond karma. Karma can be very easily neutralized with Love.

I don't share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds that think differently.

I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they're not alone.

"Good bits of wisdom Elfay the future isn't carved in stone, it is a book waiting to be written." - Adrienne
Old 20-03-2011, 04:16 AM
nightowl

that's a shame...we had a pear tree that we planted but the hurricane that came through took it with um on the way out...did you find another tree to share with your son?
Old 20-03-2011, 04:23 AM
tragblack

Everything has energy.
Old 20-03-2011, 04:28 AM
nightowl

yes this is true, I am curious if anyone uses tree energy, you know kind of like the way people use crystals...
Old 20-03-2011, 04:31 AM
Master
Nightowl, we did, sort of, we had a Japanese Maple in the back of the house and 2 cherry trees, one in the front and one in the back. I loved those trees but when my son got older (he's 12 now) he lost interest in trees. We also moved from that home and our new home the trees were very young and for some odd reason the trees didn't seem so friendly. Their energy was lacking something. Not sure what it was. We moved from there and now we are surrounded by all these worrisome Georgia Pines. Not sure what it is but these pines give me the creeps.

It isn't about karma. It is about love. Love is beyond karma. Karma can be very easily neutralized with Love.

I don't share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds that think differently.

I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they're not alone.

"Good bits of wisdom Elfay the future isn't carved in stone, it is a book waiting to be written." - Adrienne
Old 20-03-2011, 04:41 AM
Sangress

I've meant to get back into this for a while, but the plants in my area are a bit...umm...sick since they aren't in the most...natural living conditions...so I refrain from using them in the ways that I pull and manipulate energy from crystals.

(Not to mention that most if not all of the many trees in my backyard were stuck with copper by some id*ot about a decade ago, so they are sicker than the usually sick trees and I can't fix them so they will never be viable for my needs and they will die slowly and painfully. *Sulks*)

I used to literally live in 100 hectares of wild tropical bushland, so the differences between urbanized flora and the wild stuff is like a slap in the face to me. I am very picky with whom and what I pick for any spiritual purposes even when I've got some natural selection...so yeh, I'm hard pressed to do much with the green (or brown and shriveled and stunted) stuff at this point.

BUT I do suck the energy out of trees on a regular basis (not because I necessarily want to, I just have energy issues that need to be met one way or another.) It's not the best stuff to drink up, but it keeps me going so I don't complain. I suppose that's sort of a "spiritual" way of using them....(I'm pretty sure its just using them in the literal sense....not really moralistically correct enough to be spiritual, not to me at least.)

Trees are like animals . . . .well, almost like animals...if not a bit slower and more hardy and generally trivial if you want to have a human conversation with one. Anyways, my point is that they are fairly complex, and since people use feathers and fur and bones in their "rituals" (or whatever you like to call it) and those materials often have the animals essence within them...any part of a tree is pretty much lumped into the same kind of group as animal parts when they're used in spirituality.

Mind you, I don't literally read things on the subject, I'm only going from cold hard personal experience...so I could be way off the mark. Sooo, to all the people looking at this and thinking "this person is backwards/weird" I say, yes, your completely correct.

That's my cents worth, hope it makes some cents...I mean sense, to someone.
Old 20-03-2011, 04:49 AM
nightowl

Sangress makes perfect scents...oh cents...dang! sense! to me...thanks.