Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 14-07-2014, 08:56 AM
Master
Well Ecth., haven't you voiced in the past that you reject those that support the Christian Faith?

Quote:

Right, Ecth. Well, interesting "Rabbit", but please put your hat back on?

Shall we enter into then a tit for tat listing of Experiences? Should we accept all of them as genuine?

Here is the thing, I don't wholly invest myself in the posted Experiences, as neither should anyone.
I prefer to be well grounded in the Rock of Ages, you see. What is long established, verifiable and true.

But for the Christian, we can understand that the brunt of them are genuine, excluding fraud or imaginations, because St. Paul talks about his, as described both in Acts 14:19, and in 2 Corinthians 12.
Which many subscribers and believers in the Word still are not aware of.

Here is another Scott's Experience description which doesn't seem made out of perishable material, sticks and stubble, and rings of truth.

http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Experiences/scott_h_nde.htm

"... What amazes me is that how much of the Bible is correct as a base for understanding God. I didn’t find any conflict within the Bible and my near-death experience.
Instead, it helped better benefit from the experience by giving it additional meaning."

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 14-07-2014, 08:59 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Well Ecth., haven't you voiced in the past that you reject those that support the Christian Faith?

No, never. I respect everybody's beliefs, although I do reserve a right to question and challenge them.
I've been studying NDEs for years and I find that the accounts support all religions and beliefs (including atheism) equally.
There seems to be no subjective bias in heaven.
Old 14-07-2014, 09:33 AM
Master
Right, so I stated I do not wholly invest myself in the posted Experiences, allowing for fraud, involving ego in human nature.

Another interesting statement from Scott's...

"This is what I meant when I said things are unbelievably simple, but yet mankind tries to complicate things, for whatever reason ... but it isn’t really hard to understand that God created evolution, so therefore you have both.
At some point, science and religion meet."

http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Experiences/scott_h_nde.htm

Rings true.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 14-07-2014, 10:19 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Right, so I stated I do not wholly invest myself in the posted Experiences, allowing for fraud, involving ego in human nature.
Yes, you pick and choose and believe that any NDE which does not support your beliefs is a fraud. Is that a fair assessment?
Old 14-07-2014, 10:40 AM
Master
I ferret out fraud, Ecth. Are you saying you believe all of the reports?

Old 14-07-2014, 10:48 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
I ferret out fraud, Ecth. Are you saying you believe all of the reports?
No. Some seem to contradict others, but I believe the vast majority.
What I've learned from them is that no matter what religion (or not) one follows during their life on Earth, there is only self-judgement afterwards.
Christians encounter Jesus, Muslims Mohammed or Allah. Atheists start to believe in God, Buddhists unite with the great consciousness.
People who experience NDEs seem to encounter an image which they can relate to from their culture. Maybe this is how their minds interpret similar experiences, maybe it is how we are gently welcomed into the next life, or maybe it is an hallucination.
I don't know which it is but the subject fascinates me.
I would like to believe these accounts (or 99% of them) and this is where I find "evidence" for my spiritual beliefs.
I appreciate the links you are posting Morpheus. I'm just balancing things out so that those who have never read an NDE are aware that people of whatever religion (or none) all have very similar experiences during an NDE.
Old 14-07-2014, 04:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion
No. Some seem to contradict others, but I believe the vast majority.
What I've learned from them is that no matter what religion (or not) one follows during their life on Earth, there is only self-judgement afterwards.
Christians encounter Jesus, Muslims Mohammed or Allah. Atheists start to believe in God, Buddhists unite with the great consciousness.
People who experience NDEs seem to encounter an image which they can relate to from their culture. Maybe this is how their minds interpret similar experiences, maybe it is how we are gently welcomed into the next life, or maybe it is an hallucination.
I don't know which it is but the subject fascinates me.
I would like to believe these accounts (or 99% of them) and this is where I find "evidence" for my spiritual beliefs.

I appreciate the links you are posting Morpheus. I'm just balancing things out so that those who have never read an NDE are aware that people of whatever religion (or none) all have very similar experiences during an NDE.

Well, or, at least some proclaim they see their respective religious icons.
Why not, Ecth., provide some instances of such. The links.

But then, you also ferret out those which you accept, and which you dismiss as fraud or imaginations.

While it is evident that the NDE is a genuine situation, one should not rest their faith and soul upon them. As people have noted, they evidence a journey, and are not the end all.
After all, few, it seems find themselves in a heavenly situation entirely, compared to those who experience it in part, and are sent back. Or some who are just surprised to see themselves apart from the body, and are returned. Resulting also in Faith.

What is clearly evident though, is that we are more and other than how and what we appear here, in, "The World".

As well, I've read and posted about those who considered themselves atheists, who have come to Faith and conviction by their Experiences. Some, who say they remain atheists, are contrary. As I've noted, change is the hallmark of this situation.
People change.

Old 15-07-2014, 05:20 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Well, or, at least some proclaim they see their respective religious icons.
Why not, Ecth., provide some instances of such. The links.
I have done, but you only seem interested in the ones which support Christianity.
Most of the NDEs I've read support Christianity - I would say that is because most of them were experienced by westerners whose culture is founded on that religion. NDEs written by non-Christians have their own relevant interpretations.
Now, either they are lies intended by the devil to fool Christians (I very much doubt it) or they are honest accounts, just like those of Christians.
Interpret them how you wish Morpheus. If it makes you feel better to ignore any which don't support you beliefs then fine.
Personally I would prefer to keep an open mind.
Old 16-07-2014, 08:25 AM
Master
Ecth. I think you could muster up one or two of those in the past. but feel free to list some, if you can.

Old 16-07-2014, 09:14 AM
Ecthalion

From an agnostic Jew:
Have your religious beliefs/practices changed specifically as a result of your experience?
Yes. Absolutely. I was an atheist/agnostic at the time, and now I believe in a panentheistic reality - in which God both indwells and transcends all the manifested universe(s).
http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Exper..._b_ndelike.htm

From an atheist:
The feeling was so nice and easy. Tranquil. I was so intensely in my mind at that moment—it's as if I knew everything.
http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Experiences/Linda%20B's.htm

From a Hindu:
Did you have any changes in your values or beliefs after the experience that occurred as a result of the experience?
Yes. Before the NDE, my Hindu culture had always taught me about reincarnations and rebirths. But I had been taught that this series of lifetimes occurs one after the other, in a row. It was a totally new discovery for me to find that the mind can be switched to play different lifetimes at the same time. All my spiritual study and research started only after this NDE, when I realized that what I had known up until that point was only partial Truth
http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Exper.../bon_a_nde.htm

There are hundreds, nay, thousands of similar stories which are experienced by people of every religion and people with no religion.