Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 20-06-2018, 09:33 PM
Experiencer

Green I explained it because it is possible not everyone has seen it.

When you ask others to define "awake" and "aware" and what "Spiritual" you need to define those for yourself others cannot define it for you. It all depends on your preception, your beliefs as well as how you define those beliefs like you said.

I personally believe Spirituality is accepting the belief in a higher power and "awake" and "aware" mean the same thing to me. I feel being aware of how your words, actions, thoughts, and perceptions affect the world around you is of the utmost importance. Also understanding that there are certain constructs that have been created by man and those constructs need to be broken free of.
Old 21-06-2018, 08:43 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compendium
When you ask others to define "awake" and "aware" and what "Spiritual" you need to define those for yourself others cannot define it for you. It all depends on your preception, your beliefs as well as how you define those beliefs like you said.

I personally believe Spirituality is accepting the belief in a higher power and "awake" and "aware" mean the same thing to me. I feel being aware of how your words, actions, thoughts, and perceptions affect the world around you is of the utmost importance. Also understanding that there are certain constructs that have been created by man and those constructs need to be broken free of.
I don't define those words because to me they're just meaningless labels. If I define them as meaningless and someone else defines them as meaning everything, what then? When 'Spiritual', 'awake' and 'enlightened' lose their integrity? Spirituality tells me that there is nothing and nobody that isn't Spiritual so any definition of that word becomes pointless. I ask myself what I am 'awake' to and 'aware' of and the more I am awake to and aware of the more there is for me awake to and aware of, and I don't know what I don't know.

So really, what are we arguing over? Definitions? Your definitions are different to mine, so handbags at ten paces at dawn then?

Spirituality and religion are constructs of man, do they need to be broken free of?

The Universe itself is OK with you, me and everybody else thinking that we're Spiritual or not, awake or not, aware or not because the Universe doesn't differentiate between 'Spiritual' or 'non-Spiritual' consciousness. All consciousness is consciousness just the same. Our brains are already quantum capable and entangled with that probability field, that's a scientific fact.

Quote:
I feel being aware of how your words, actions, thoughts, and perceptions affect the world around you is of the utmost importance.
This is who and what we really are.
Old 21-06-2018, 09:05 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcopyinc
If I kept my head down then I would be allowing others to dictate who I am through fear or anxiety. The universe gave me free will to create my reality and also the power to not be affected by “those” that are coming for me.
I should have put a smiley on the end of that.

Quote:
Much like you have discussed in this thread with the double slit experiments or with the emoto references. Our reality is created by our inner state and perception. And my reality doesn’t include the need to filter myself or fear negative people or negative entities. I’d have to believe such things were negative to fear them. Kind of like you said in your last post. Things of those nature once served me and taught me things about myself. Now I don’t view them as bad or fear them hence them being scarce in my life.
Seeing as how it's my reality, fear has no place and 'negative' has no meaning at all. Without them though, where would I be today?

Quote:
To answer your questions in your last post. Take a whole year to understand flowers. Keep figuring out why so may religious figures and text all reference flowers. And keep trying to understand this with your body and your heart. Then you will experience conscious thought which doesn’t take place in the mind. More can be learned about spritual and being awake through staring at flowers then can be learned through all the books and texts in the world.
All thought is processed by the brain and then a fraction of a second later we become conscious of it, there is no conscious thought there is just thought we become conscious of. Our consciousness is epiphenomenal, which means it takes no participation in the process of its own creation. And we hallucinate our conscious reality.

The irony is that in the rush to be Spiritual we've forgotten that we are Spirituality.

Quote:
Be like children. They are the most enlightened beings walking around and they know nothing mentally of spiritual consciousness and being woke. But they are more woke then any of us! And they are present, happy and enjoying life. The one thing that doesn’t require knowledge to do.
I'd very much agree with that one.
Old 21-06-2018, 10:00 AM
Guide

Quote:

Be like children. They are the most enlightened beings walking around and they know nothing mentally of spiritual consciousness and being woke. But they are more woke then any of us! And they are present, happy and enjoying life. The one thing that doesn’t require knowledge to do.

I think most of your insights are wonderful, Badcopyinc, but I’d like to comment on this. I dislike how many people seem to idealize children — when many of them are still learning.

There’s a difference between a wise trust in life from experience, and a trust in life based on naivety. Faced with the scenarios of growing up, children are a lot less likely to be able to cope on their own. Those who are optimistic from wisdom on the other hand — are likely to stay calm even in tragedy.

Children don’t seem to be at peace because of some inner wisdom, but because of the external environment — as people usually don’t give children a lot of responsibility, high expectations or harsh truths as they grow up yet.
Old 21-06-2018, 10:27 AM
Guide

Quote:

I agree with you and think it’s wonderful to respect people’s different beliefs on spirituality , but I think not giving it a definition at all is going too far.

We need a certain word to communicate what we’re trying to build here, and while we won’t go into the specifics, I think the general definition of “Whatever gives your life meaning and a sense of growth,” suffices.

It’s useful in that it names the concept of how it’s a positive and major effect on our lives, but also vague enough that people can have room to personalize it to what they truly value, believe and desire.

While not going into the specifics, I still think it’d be useful to name different common and maybe even some uncommon beliefs of what spirituality is for people — so people can be able to explore a wide set of options to choose from.

That’s my take on it. :) . Feel free to disagree.
Old 21-06-2018, 11:27 AM
Experiencer

Greenslade, yes In truth we are all spiritual Beings. The difference between this and Being awake is that in this state we (Or most of us) dont see it except through intellect, which is not the same as Being aware. There are People Who are More aware than others, People Who are less aware, so it is ok To use that Word.

I said this before, but you ignored it so i'll say it again: by declaring that enlightenment (which To me is a never ending process), Being awake Or aware has no meaning, you are basically saying that there is no path To Being awake. Its ok To believe like that, not saying otherwise.
Old 21-06-2018, 12:47 PM
boshy b. good

we hug belief. let's hope
so. let's hope belief "will
straighter us up." or we
switch.
changing beliefs / spiritual awakening.

i'd forward as an reinforcement of thought. or
started something good enough new. for example.
we now love dogs. for example. more giddy
for in the mornings. for example "an ready
steady mode" up to par. for example "an
week day for true self be and forgiveness"

no, now we does really adore dogs.

[Doesn't forget be lucki
"something" for wear and
or bueno cross. ]

perhaps mounting them hour on
those chosen days about "only".

Last edited by boshy b. good : 22-06-2018 at 12:36 AM.
Old 21-06-2018, 05:37 PM
Master
Having a fractured view of the whole pits one thing against another,
placing labels on things and calling them this and that. Just because
something is different does not mean it is separate; everything is in
concert with the one thing, everything is the one state of being
manifesting in various ways. In my opinion everything, and anything,
can be a vehicle for awakening. It is up to us. The micro is reflected
in the macro and the macro is reflected in the micro. The drop is in
the ocean and the ocean is also in the drop.
Old 22-06-2018, 09:02 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuesday
Greenslade, yes In truth we are all spiritual Beings. The difference between this and Being awake is that in this state we (Or most of us) dont see it except through intellect, which is not the same as Being aware. There are People Who are More aware than others, People Who are less aware, so it is ok To use that Word.

I said this before, but you ignored it so i'll say it again: by declaring that enlightenment (which To me is a never ending process), Being awake Or aware has no meaning, you are basically saying that there is no path To Being awake. Its ok To believe like that, not saying otherwise.
My apologies for ignoring you, it wasn't intentional.

Who decides who is more or less aware or awake? And are you aware of what you're saying about yourself by saying that?

Awake, aware and enlightened are adaptations of Pavlov's Theory, so if you are on the Path of being awake what do you get out of it? Human nature means we don't do anything much without there being something in it for us, which includes Spirituality. And when we're religiously chasing those things, what dialogue are we having with ourselves? Are we telling ourselves that we're not OK, we're lacking or missing something?

Both the scientific and Spiritual models of reality both agree that there is no Path, and to Spirit everywhere is therefore everything is relative to the perception of a singularity of consciousness. Essentially that's what we are, a tiny version of a black hole in all of consciousness. The word 'Path' implies a beginning and an end, and a 'here' and 'there' and all being relative to that singularity.

There is a Path, but there is no Path.
Old 22-06-2018, 09:12 AM
Experiencer

Yes, there are People Who are More advanced, More spiritually awake than others. Everyone has their own path, and all these spiritual gifts magnify when you get More aware.
Yes, i have met People Who are More awake than i am, and also People Who are less awake than i am.

How ever i get your point, if i understand it correctly. You are saying that spirituality Can be like An athlete improving themselves Or a write improving themselves. Both are valid paths and you Cant really say which one is More advanced. I believe that a spiritual path is the same for everyone, doesnt Matter how different we are. Our egos are different, we relate To spirituality differently. However, Being More awake is the same path even though we experience it differently.

And btw. What do you think i'm saying about myself by saying this?

Guess you are for getting the 'there is a path' about you sentence. There is no path once we are realized enough To notice it. If there was no path we would all be a wake right now. Which most are not.