Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 08-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Master
The Christ Consciousness?

I am pretty sure you have all run into the term- "Christ Consciousness". It has been labeled as several different things.

We have the works of Edgar Cayce describing the "Christ Consciousness" as

"The awareness imprinted on the mind, awaiting to be awakened by the soul's oneness with God."

We have Yogananda's writings that say- "The Christ Consciousness is the only begotten son of God, the only reflection of the Creator in Creation and as Creation. He says that all of Creation is a manifestation of the Christ Consciousness and this is the Son. And we must first activate the Son to get to the Father."

But then we have the Roman Catholic Belief that the Holy Spirit is meant to indwell within the soul allowing the soul to experience the "Word" the second person of the Trinity, in His Formlessness or Form as Jesus. This allows the Saint to have a direct inner union with God."

In Buddhism, Buddhahood or Buddha nature is attained by deep meditation and once enlightened the Buddha is at-one with the everything, the Universe, others, etc.

Now is this the same belief? Is there something else here? They are all saying to allow a Meditating "Spirit" along with it's fruits of forgiveness, understanding, wisdom, awe of the Divine, knowledge, etc which would awaken our deep inner self which is truly at-one with everyone and God.

But is the "Christ Consciousness" the best term to use? I mean Cayce used it because of the growing New Age at his time. Yogananda used it because he was brought up on Hinduism. Etc. But if Christ Consciousness is God's consciousness, his being, his essence, is there a better term for it?

Can it be the "Divine Essence?" or "The God Substance" or "The Christos" or "God's Essence", "Divine Love",

Many people have mistaken the Christ consciousness as just another state of consciousness, but it is not. It is the Universal Consciousness of God and all things. It was THE ONLY consciousness/substance in Creation until Man found pleasure and expression when he created the various "states" of consciousness through his Fall either in the astral or physical. So to clear up to Christian and Others Alike, the Christ Consciousness/Spirit is not "a" state of consciousness. It is THE CONSCIOUSNESS/SUBSTANCE of God. Which we see as a transcendent state because we are fallen into our self-created states of consciousness. But it is NOT "a" state.

Exemplars of the God-Substance "Christ Consciousness"-

There are those in history who have through meditation, prayer, and evolution where the Christ or Divine has spoke to them in impulse or in action. When Moses went to see the Lord in the bushes and beheld the Holy Spirit in flames, he felt the presence of God. His powers of parting the Sea, the Ten Commandments and saving his people was the POWER we know as Christ. Buddha learned through suffering, patience, understanding, and trials with beliefs that the Way was compassion, grace, and good desire that led to the at-oneness with everything. Or what he shortly missed to call "God".

God's Essence, substance, consciousness, whatever has channeled through many prophets, psychics, and mystics in history, but there was one time in history of Time and Space, when the Earth was fully expecting the Final Self-Revelation of God.

Through the unified Hebrew People under Abraham, God promised to bring forth his messiah. To unite the scattered nations since the times of Atlantis/Lemuria/or Eden. God sent his "only Son", the full manifestation of His Substance into the World. This was the soul we know as Jesus. Perfect in every way and pure. He "BECAME" the Christ for us. He showed the Way and became the Way back to the Father. He re-opened the shut door created by the first parents.

So these ideas of "self-realization" is a stupid new movement. Self-realize what? That I am God? No! I do not sustain the universe and create other creatures. I do realize that I am God's son and must work to become at-one with Him.

But who told us this? Our self-realizing gurus? No. Jesus the Christ did!
Old 08-01-2011, 06:26 PM
I was with ya right up until - "...is a stupid movement"....
but it did give me a really big belly laugh - I didn't expect it, that's all...
I was pulled right in, then that setence was such a surprise...

I mean no offense... I just laugh alot; mostly at myself.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-01-2011, 01:44 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
He showed the Way and became the Way back to the Father. He re-opened the shut door created by the first parents.

So these ideas of "self-realization" is a stupid new movement. Self-realize what? That I am God? No! I do not sustain the universe and create other creatures. I do realize that I am God's son and must work to become at-one with Him.

But who told us this? Our self-realizing gurus? No. Jesus the Christ did!

Amilius,

When you write things like this, it makes me want to reach out and literally HUG you through this monitor I'm staring at right now!

Beautifully written and expressed.

Words, are just labels as we all know. But if you were to ask me, what my thought is, on the term "Christ Consciousness", I would have to say, that is does not resonate very true for me, personally.

The East, in all of it's splendor, always comes to this place. In the anatomy of "being", they regard consciousness, pure awareness, as the Highest State.
I love their understanding of the charkas, the subtle body, energy, etc. They have a great deal of knowledge, to a point.

But there is little that you will find, in Eastern teachings, that explain the anatomy of the soul. What is a soul? Where is your soul?
How are souls created? Who is the souls Creator? What are the Creator's Attributes?

These questions, in everything that I ever encountered, 33 years and still going! Not one single soul has been able to answer these deep questions as Jesus has.

This sets him apart, from all other teachers.

From what I have learned, it is my understanding, that the soul, is a very unique creation. According to Jesus, it is God's greatest creation yet.
But the created soul, is made in the image of God, because our Holy Father, is also SOUL.
What Jesus teaches, is that our souls, have this capacity, that the Holy Father has created, for those who seek His Substance, His Divine Essence.
Our souls have the capacity to become filled with God's Divine Substance.
This is the process that Jesus underwent.
The subsequent religion that formed around this very process.
Showing the rest of God's children, how everyone can become at-one with God.

Jesus, is very specific about the mode of receiving this Divine Substance.

He teaches, that God's Divine Love, His Divine Substance, comes from soulful prayer.
From a soul, that seeks at-one-ment with God.

2000 years ago, this was the teaching.

Present day, through the books by Mr. Padgett, and also the book by Hans Radix, the Judas Messages. Add to this, all the published messages that Dr. David Lampron received, president of the Foundation Church of Divine Truth.
(I will include the link, for anyone who is interested.)
http://www.fcdt.org/messages/messages_toc.htm

Jesus is still very specific, about these teachings, and the mode in which we receive God's Very Substance.

If it came through meditation, or some other means, I trust, that Jesus and these other High Spirits, would share that with us.

But there is consistency. 2000 years ago. And present day.

I am responding to your comment, because I wish to make my point of view clear.
This work, this labor of LOVE, that Jesus guides us to, the process of Christ. This happens on the level of soul. And while it affects the consciousness most visibly, that is only because what impacts the soul, spreads outwards, to mind, body, consciousness.

Anyone who has read Jesus's teachings, can get a sense of his consciousness. His gentle and pure nature. His kindness. All the Divine Qualities of Our Holy Father, fully present in human form. We can get a sense of this consciousness, and perceive it. Feel it. This is not hard to do.

But the work. Where the work is done, is on the level of soul. It is there, that you must accumulate God's Divine Substance, in place of the natural substance, the created substance.

I do not feel, that anyone, outside of Jesus, has brought mankind, the kind of knowledge and understanding of our souls, and the relationship to our Supreme Creator.

Realize anything you like. Self. Pure Awareness. Cosmic Consciousness (a temporary state, that contracts inevitably.What expands, always contracts.)

Take me and you, and everyone we know, add them all together. And all of the stars in the infinite universe. Add it all together. And we would still not be God.

God, as Jesus teaches, is God alone.

The Greatest Gift, that the Father makes available to His children, is sharing in His Divine Substance, His Divine Love, which leads to Eternal Life.

That is exactly it, when you say that you are not the creator of souls, nor are you the creator of universes. I LOVE this statement. Because the gap between the power of our Supreme Creator, and that which He creates, is quite large. The gap is infinite.

Christ is the Greatest potentiality that the soul can attain. There is more beyond, but from where we are. From this place, this plane of existence, this is a HUGE accomplishment, and none, so far, except for Jesus, have managed to become Divine, while still in the flesh. The rest of us, will have to go through the spirit realms, and slowly make our way, ascending to Divinity.

I know that the road is long. I am so very far from anything perfect, or divine. But while the road is long, it is also, very certain.

God's Love and Blessings to All!
Old 09-01-2011, 02:18 AM
My God, Divine Love your words send me.
Especially,
But the work. Where the work is done, is on the level of soul. It is there, that you must accumulate God's Divine Substance, in place of the natural substance, the created substance.

Ammy, I'm just not used to people saying something is outright "stupid" - it just made me laugh. But I know where your heart is and I understand what you're saying.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-01-2011, 02:19 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
But is the "Christ Consciousness" the best term to use?

Can it be the "Divine Essence?" or "The God Substance" or "The Christos" or "God's Essence", "Divine Love",
To the first question, No.

The alternatives suggested are equally bad because they are ... spiritual. In an increasingly secular world spirituality should be able to embrace that trend and still be part of it. That is if it has any intention of making a difference. That is really the most important question which needs to be answered. What say you?
Old 09-01-2011, 04:14 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
My God, Divine Love your words send me.
Especially,

Ammy, I'm just not used to people saying something is outright "stupid" - it just made me laugh. But I know where your heart is and I understand what you're saying.

I love ya Miss H!

You know that!
We draw, from the same well.

Amilius tends to write some profound things. He is looking in all the right places. Probing into the very heart of things.

Amilius, well done. Scrutinize everything.
Come into the full knowledge of who you are, in relationship to our Holy Father.
Everything else, merely leads up to this.

Yoga, excellent.
Meditation, wonderful.
Lucid dreams, beautiful, when they happen (wish they'd happen more often! I enjoy flying!)
OBE, insightful.
The list is endless, and inexhaustible.

In the end, the greatest achievement, is the relationship nurtured between the Being who has created EVERYTHING, Our Heavenly Father, and our souls.

Have we come into our full inheritance, as God's children? Have we sought for, and received His Divine Substance, over the natural one, that resides within us? Have we walked the path, that Jesus showed, as the Christ, which is the Divine Path, the natural soul becoming a Divine Soul. At-one, with God, for all Eternity?

This is what matters, the most. Above all other things.

Amilius, well done. I like where you're at.
No, that's not quite it.
I LOVE where you're at.

God's Love and Blessings to All!
Old 09-01-2011, 04:21 AM
Master
This has nothing to do with the topic. but I'm so close to Jesus Christ. When I was very small I was crying because I was scared of the dark, I was in bed about to sleep. My mother came in and she held me and said don't worry and don't be scared of the dark Jesus is right there in the middle of the room and he will protect you. Well I looked at the middle of the room and I swear I could see him and instantly I calmed down, told her I was okay, lay down and began talking to him. Then for as long as I can remember I talk to Jesus every night before I go to sleep. Sometimes long very long conversations sometimes short. I feel his energy around me a lot.
Spiritlite.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:20 AM
Master
Thank you so much for your blessings DivineLove. I side much more on Padgett than Cayce these days. I still have beliefs in reincarnation and a "sort of" karma idea. But my views are shaping to be very very different.

I too have come to the notion that the Eastern idea of consciousness is THEIR way of explaining the difference between divine and human.

If you were to ask my girlfriend who is very gifted Seer and psychic, she would agree with Padgett. That the Christ Consciousness that Cayce and these people talk about is actually called "The Father's Substance" or "God's Essence."

When my girlfriend is approached by new agers/spiritualists and they ask questions on the Christ consciousness, she will talk about it but use that name to describe it. But she EVEN says that is NOT the right term. The right one is "The Divine Substance" or nature whatever. Which is why she says the Catholic Church has it the closet out of all the religions that one must partake of the divine nature to become one with God. And this is why many of the Saints have done, maybe not in their human life, but little by little received portions of it. Such as St. Theresa of Avila, St. Anthony, etc.

She also believes Buddha was just a psychic or mystic and showed a Way to Live, not a Way to God. Which would side with Padgett that Buddha is a way of living, natural path. Jesus is the way to and of God, the divine path. But she feels that Buddha is probably closer to Jesus on The Other Side than most saints and spirits because they are what she calls part of the same "Soul Group".

And yes my girlfriend agrees that Cayce received his info from spirits on the Other Side. And that is why his readings are possibly 50-80% reliable compared to most psychics, but she feels some of the entities or influences he channeled were ridiculous or unenlightened.

I mean, she has been able to tell people that certain problems they have in life are due to a past life to NOT be punished but to learn in this lifetime. But in no way does she make reincarnation a dogma as most spiritualists have done. Because she feels reincarnation is a choice and not God's evil operation of trapping people in the Earth. She kinda thinks the Hindu idea of Karma is absurd and destroys their country in thinking. She and I believe in "subtle" or what you would call "natural" karma. Meaning if you go over to touch the fire and your mom told you not to what is going to happen? Well your going to get burned! Or if you live by the sword you will very much likely get killed by a sword either in battle, or assassinated, or you spirituality can diminish living a life by the sword, i.e. "killing"

So I am closer to you DivineLove and Padgett on this topic! I am glad that you came to this board DivineLove! Thank God!
Old 09-01-2011, 10:20 AM
bbr

Quote:
Many people have mistaken the Christ consciousness as just another state of consciousness, but it is not. It is the Universal Consciousness of God and all things. It was THE ONLY consciousness/substance in Creation...
And this is exactly how wars, and religious persecution, and fundamentalist movements all begin: when someone or some group insists their particular beliefs are THE ONLY set of true beliefs, and that everyone else is "mistaken." One thing Christ Consciousness definitely is that human intrepretations of it often aren't: it isn't petty and small-minded.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:36 AM
Experiencer

Who knows, maybe Jesus himself has something to say about Christ Consciousness?

http://www.askrealjesus.com/askrealj.../Christh7.html

As I have said before: I don't generally believe in channeled messages. But on the other hand, I recognize truth when I encounter it...