Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 18-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcrown
I don't believe anywhere in the bible does it say it's a sin
Good point, it doesnt say anywhere specifically that astral projection is a sin.

/thread
Old 22-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Lex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresco
Good point, it doesnt say anywhere specifically that astral projection is a sin.

/thread

Likely because the folks that wrote the Bible didn't know about AP. They hadn't access to the Eastern philosophers and, had Jesus not been cruxified before he got around to teaching them AP,they'd have been able to include that in their writing. Later, those that founded the Church of Rome (they weren't Christians) and selectively included only the anti-gnostic portions of the Apostle's writings in their Bible, could have called it a sin! Easy, huh?
Old 23-08-2011, 12:49 PM
Master
sin?

I think this is in a gray area in the bible. Many palaces in the bible cite dream like states of visions and divine revelation in altered states of consciousness involving things like dreams.

Divination, seeking out the spirit world to get advice (particularly dead dudes) the bible says heaps about that being a sin and a direct violation of an attempted holy life. Defiantly is disobeying biblical teaching.

I think AP happens in dreams sometimes. I am sure it has with me, those ultra real flying ones that came with a message. The ones I remember years later.

I do know one of my friends has an old friend that died recently. Before becoming christian my friends friend used to AP on drugs and he invited a demon thing back into his body. It screwed him up a lot.

I suppose God made that place. if It doesn't become an idol in your life or a distraction from your relationship with god, maybe it is ok.

I have always felt a foreboding feeling about it, that is attempting going there in meditation. I am stil not sure, just like the OP.
Old 24-08-2011, 03:48 PM
vikinwarlord777

no astral projection is NOT a sin. paul speaks of doing it in 1st corinthians. and in acts peter has a vision that is very much like astral projection. but then again if you've ever really sat down and read the bible everything is a sin
Old 14-09-2011, 01:14 AM
derfasdv

no no no astral projection is definatly NOT a sin. You are just letting your coniunce "float" away from your body for a little while and exploring the world, going into other world, and talking with higher beigns