Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 05-07-2011, 07:46 PM
Zenith

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Meditator
Well my question/reason for making this thread is said in the title.. What made me want to ask this is that I never really thought of Astral Projection as 'connecting/talking' with spirits.. But, it just randomly came across me, and I did a quick Google search, and didn't get any straight answers..

I am a Christian, but I'm not the kind of Christian that know everything about the Bible etc.. This whole thought has really scared me, and I would like to get some ones opinions on this!

Thanks guys!

Paul knew a man that was caught up into the heavenly realms, and it was possibly and out-of-body experience in which he heard and experienced things (analogous to A.P. in my opinion).

"I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows. And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows— was caught up to paradise and heard inexpressible things, things that no one is permitted to tell." (2 Cor 12:2-4)
Old 05-07-2011, 10:55 PM
LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
When you try to find out about spiritual things by any means other than following the Bible you run the risk of being deceived by Satan.

What if convincing suggestible people of the infallibility of the Bible is all part of "Satan's" deception?

Looks like he's got you...hook, line, and sinker.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith
Paul knew a man that was caught up into the heavenly realms, and it was possibly and out-of-body experience in which he heard and experienced things (analogous to A.P. in my opinion).

"I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows. And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows— was caught up to paradise and heard inexpressible things, things that no one is permitted to tell." (2 Cor 12:2-4)
Paul was probably speaking about himself in the third person and this was a one time event. It was something that God chose to do rather than some form of astral projection that Paul was trying to accomplish.

God did the same thing to John but told him to write about what he saw. The book of Revelation is the result.
Old 22-07-2011, 01:15 AM
The Meditator

I would like to say a BIG thanks to anyone who replied to this thread. I have taken a little while to think about all of this, and well I just want to thank EVERYONE who replied, thanks a lot guys.

:)
Old 22-07-2011, 04:22 AM
mattie

Sins

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Meditator
I would like to say a BIG thanks to anyone who replied to this thread. I have taken a little while to think about all of this, and well I just want to thank EVERYONE who replied, thanks a lot guys.

:)

You might expand this AP question to what are sins & do they really apply. Many don't consider the concept of our being inherently flawed as valid.
Old 31-07-2011, 08:07 PM
Experiencer

There's evidence in the Bible of astral projection
Old 01-08-2011, 01:29 AM
Search

Hi Meditator,
I like that fact that You Don't Know ... They are the types of Christians I can talk with ... in fact I hope as you learn more, that you will still be able to say that you don't know.

In answer to your question ... I don't know

It certainly is not, just because someone else tells you so. I agree with this concept that we travel like so without knowing it as times. At different times we can be vulnerable and I would advise that it's something the more we open ourselves up to the more careful and realistic our approach should be.

By realistic, I mean question the purpose and meaning such a thing has to your life and goals/quest or whatever ... just keep grounded I guess whilst searching ... something I am very much still learning.

I have turned my back on the Christian way of living or the way in which today's hierarchy enforces it ... but I still believe in God as such and don't think He has any issues with our attempts to touch base in whatever way we wish to reach out and make sense of it all ... Just be careful as our perception begin to widen, so do the dangers so many ignore.

Take care!
Dave.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:47 AM
Master
The bible speaks of visions and dreams quite frequently as a natural occurrence in the lives of people of that time. Astral projection lies somewhere in between in my opinion. I'm not trying to blur the lines here. But IMO, by deductive reasoning, if you're going to talk about Christianity here AP is not sinful. Like Dream Angel said, it's not one of the 10 Commandments (love that btw). Many biblical stories have been recorded where insights, wisdom and knowledge came to men and women through visions and dreams. It's no great mystery. Naturally people of biblical times "left" their bodies, but it just wasn't called "astral projection" in the bible.

Blackraven
Old 01-08-2011, 03:41 AM
Experiencer

2 Kings 6

Quote:
8 When the king of Aram was at war with Israel, he would confer with his officers and say, “We will mobilize our forces at such and such a place.”

9 But immediately Elisha, the man of God, would warn the king of Israel, “Do not go near that place, for the Arameans are planning to mobilize their troops there.” 10 So the king of Israel would send word to the place indicated by the man of God. Time and again Elisha warned the king, so that he would be on the alert there.

11 The king of Aram became very upset over this. He called his officers together and demanded, “Which of you is the traitor? Who has been informing the king of Israel of my plans?”

12 “It’s not us, my lord the king,” one of the officers replied. “Elisha, the prophet in Israel, tells the king of Israel even the words you speak in the privacy of your bedroom!”
Elisha lived in Israel. King of Aram lived a few hundred miles away from where Elisha lived.
See map: http://images-mediawiki-sites.thefullwiki.org/10/1/1/9/31545023998832523.png

Unless Elisha had some type of superfast horse on steroids that could run back and forth to Aram every night and make it back before sunrise, there's no other way to explain how Elisha could spy on the King like that, other then through astral projection.

Remember what Bible says, Elisha could overhear the king's conversations himself
Old 01-08-2011, 04:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
Paul was probably speaking about himself in the third person and this was a one time event. It was something that God chose to do rather than some form of astral projection that Paul was trying to accomplish.

God did the same thing to John but told him to write about what he saw. The book of Revelation is the result.
i do agree that Saul of Tarsus was speaking about his own experience, i completely disagree with that it was done by God and not by Paul himself, the writers of the bible repeat several times, giving credit to the words to Jesus himself, where it is said basically (and im paraphrasing) that the Kingdom of God is found within, and there is no other way to go within but to leave the body, and as far as that goes, astral projection, though being the most discussed form of OBE, is only a beginning stage of OBE, in fact speaking of the "third heaven" is already beyond the astral plane, itself being the "first" heaven...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi