Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 27-02-2011, 07:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
This is just a thought norseman but doesn't Christianity already have pagan elements within it?

It would seem also that with seeker89's original post that she likes some of what she sees in Wicca and she is just seeking right now...

Christianity highjacked pagan festivals and pagan holy places, knowing that the "common folk" of the land would celebrate the dates anyway, and would continue to worship at the "old" places.
Seeker89 should keep in mind that the original name from Gardner was "New Witchcraft".
Old 27-02-2011, 10:03 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Christianity highjacked pagan festivals and pagan holy places, knowing that the "common folk" of the land would celebrate the dates anyway, and would continue to worship at the "old" places.
Seeker89 should keep in mind that the original name from Gardner was "New Witchcraft".

Yes, norseman Christianity did use questionable tactics in building and spreading their system. I am glad you brought up the Gardner point. Any suggestions you can share about paganism and/or Wicca I'm sure will help seeker89 to clarify the spiritual journey that has began in their life.

Last edited by nightowl : 28-02-2011 at 12:33 AM.
Old 28-02-2011, 12:08 AM
Royalite

Thanks for posting norseman. I was getting very curious about wicca recently.

And thanks to the OP for starting this thread. Got some food for thought....
Old 28-02-2011, 04:00 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker89
DivineLove-I have Googled it in the past and have pretty much just found a whole lot of debate about whether or not it's legitimate etc. rather than useful info on how to actually go about getting started/dedicating yourself and all that stuff...

Seeker89,

I figured as much. I wish I could provide you with more info. This is not an area I have a great deal of experience with.

The 2 members who have given really good insights, they would be the ones to contact, and follow up with. Most definitely.

Hope you find, whatever it is, that you are seeking.
Old 28-02-2011, 05:41 AM
Knower

Thanks for all the replies dudes/dudettes. I've been doing a lot of thinking about this lately and I'm still unsure whether or not to try and combine Christianity with Wicca specifically, or to simply adopt a more "earthy" way of life, thus giving me an earth based Christian spirituality. One thing's for sure though-I'm not about to drop Jesus altogether and go down a strictly Pagan path, he inspires me too much (I don't have anything at all against Pagans, I have met some beautiful Pagans, I just don't think a purely Pagan path would be right for me, at least at the moment...).

Have a blessed week.
Old 28-02-2011, 09:27 AM
Master
Seeker, the philosophies of Christ and Wicca are compatable but christianity and Wicca are not ! The religion , christianity, has been responsible for so much evil in this world. You should also think about the fact that Wicca, as such, originates in the 1950's but contains a core of a much older creed which has pre-christian origins. I originally was Wiccan but, like many, became disenchanted by the ritual and dogma - almost as bad as High Church ! I reverted to the primitive form as many have in the UK. One final point before offering a template for you to follow - if you google Christian Wicca you will get a load of links, most if not all American. Likewise that link I gave to Witchvox - nothing I can find for the UK where Wicca originated.

I posted the following in the Wiccan thread about 8 months ago and it could serve you well

SO YOU FEEL DRAWN TO WICCA ?
Something inside you is telling you that you want to explore wicca.. You immediately want to do something about it but don’t know what.
Now I should explain that I began in wicca before reverting to an older, more primitive form [ picture Norse slouching along in the hedgerows with straw and twigs in his beard ! ] and I am still a Moderator in a Wiccan Forum.

So, here is Grandad Norsey’s guide to starting out in wicca.

It's a fair generalisation that all pagan paths are “green” and accented to the Earth. Tree Huggers all ! If you are not drawn to Nature, you might want to think about that.

Ok, lets make the assumption that you are one of Nature’s Children and you have a place in nature that uplifts you. Doesn’t have to be somewhere grand and glorious, just somewhere special to you.
You should now start to learn all about your place – the flora and fauna, the weather patterns, the geology, the rivers and streams, the wheel of the seasons, the people who went before [ I’ve been doing that for over 35 years and still only scratched the surface but then I am a fanatic ! ]. What you are aiming for is a sense of belonging, a sense that you are part of it, a sense that your place has imprinted on you, a sense that this is your Land !

Next step. Declare yourself in your Land. Make a promise to protect it. You can make this as simple as you like or you could make a simple altar [ flat piece of rock ] and dedicate to Mother Earth. Start making a record of your experiences and what you have learned – your BOS.

And there you are, Wicca 101. More ? Wicca 102 ?
This requires a certain level of practice in meditation – lets assume you have this.
Now start regular meditations in your place. Stick with it, it may take some time, but eventually you will start to notice things you missed before. Not suggesting that you do this but I did overnight vigils in my place which is a small offshoot of one of the Yorkshire Dales. One of the things you might see is the nocturnal life of the place. If you do this often enough, you will be accepted as a part of the place by these nocturnal visitors. If this happens, then you have really cracked it.

103 ?
It would be a very rare place indeed that has not been home to mankind before. In your meditations, start to focus on the people who went before you. Try to get a sense of them – who were they ? what did they do ? Depending on your sensitivity, you may also get a sense of the Nature Spirits in your place. You may sense energies around you.

I think that is enough to give you a sense that wicca is for you or not, as the case might be. No “spells”, no rituals, no rede. Just you firmly established as part of the Land. Where you take this is now up to you. Good Luck on your journey !
Old 04-05-2011, 06:32 AM
jdraziw

I am also on the christian wiccan path and was actually going to post the witchvox link also, as that is EXACTLY how I feel about my beluefs when it comes to the pentacross (lol).

I think what people do not understand is that Christian Wicca has it's own stand alone Christian beliefs... and that they are not the same as bible christianity.

Me for instance, I have NEVER liked the bile, and even in my pre-wiccan days I openly displayed my dislike in the bibke, howit was interpreted, and how it is used. Also, the Divine and Jesus that I have have a connection with, are not what bible christiany's is.

Jesus is the male aspect of the Divine that I acknowledge and follow. Because following him has the notion that you're a Christian, for me, that's where the Christian comes from. The bible and what it says has nothing to do with that.

There is no room for any opposition to that when you look at it tha way, imo.

I hope to one day, at least, be apart of a CW Coven... if not a temple.