Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 08-12-2014, 02:51 PM
Gryneos

Lightbulb What Book(s) Are You Currently Writing?

Sure, I don't expect a lot of posts to this thread, as most people read and don't write. Yet, we do have a few writers here, so post short descriptions of your books, short stories, articles, et cetera

Here's mine (currently writing) and I'll see if I can write that blurb people like to get an idea of the overall story...

Quote:
Djinnified
Cari was thrown into the world of the djinn by getting herself turned into one, only to soon discover that Spirit's ideas for her weren't all fun and free-wheeling use of her powers. She had a Task, and it involved bringing more women into the world of magic to help the whole planet and everyone on it.

Well, it started out like that, anyway...

Okay, who's next?
Old 08-12-2014, 03:36 PM
Knower

non fiction. my account of inititiation and the preparation for it. Includes info on spirit communication as a practical teaching tool rather than an investigative device. It's in editing my hubby's a well known author on the genre and he's writing parts of it. Tons of photos and images.
Old 17-12-2014, 09:51 PM
Gryneos

I guess we're the only two writers here. I thought for sure I'd see evidence of other writers on SF...
Old 18-12-2014, 02:07 PM
Master

i am writing a book.

it is about my life. it is called confessions from the closet.

it is written about the closet. everyone is psychic to some degree but i was punished for it. in my day you were the devil if you could do things. so i hid everything in the imaginary closet. here is the intro.

INTRODUCTION

Have you ever wondered what it is like to be different? Not so different that anyone would notice, but different enough that you notice? Have you ever wished to be let in on how it feels to lead a secret life? That is the basis of this book.
I am going to tell you things that I know will meet with disapproval. That is the story of my life. A great many people do not accept what I have experienced. There will never be enough proof to convince anyone of the reality of psychic events but I have had enough of them to convince me of their reality. Constantly facing disapproval and ridicule is the reason I created a closet to keep all my secret treasures in. I am finally going to let out all the secrets. I am going to step on some toes. I am going to get under some peoples skin. I am going to be on someone’s last nerve but I cannot die, this time with the story still inside of me. I must confess. The confession does not come easy. Letting it out hurts as much as keeping it in.
Confessions are never easy. When you have a secret, the ability to live your life fully is held back like a dam refusing to let the water continue on its course. When the blockage is removed, the outburst of everything held back comes forward with such force that all you see is the force. The details of the stream are lost in the torrents of letting it all out.
This is the setting that pits one side against the other in the psychic debate. People who do not understand the psychic are afraid of the force and unaware of the beauty of the stream that feeds the force.
I can defend both sides of the debate. I grew up experiencing both the normal side of reality and the spiritual side of reality. I grew as tired of the war between the two sides as I did of the war within myself. I know now that you can never win a war unless you first resolve the differences between the two sides. I will not try to convert you or convince you of anything. I will only show you what it is like to be psychic.
My hope is that if you learn what psychicness has to offer, perhaps the psychic part of me will no longer fear being punished or persecuted. There will no longer be a need for the dam that holds me back. I want to show you the beauty of the stream that feeds the river of the spirit. I want to share the gift that God gave me. I want to be free.
If I were to start with the end of my story, the full force of my story, I too would find it hard to believe. If I were to tell you of my spirit friends who guide and guard me and further tell you that each of them has a name, would I loose some credibility? If I could somehow find the courage to tell you of the school in the sky where my spirit friends taught me lessons that helped me through some very rough times in my life would you read on? If I protect myself by writing under an assumed name, would you understand?
I need to protect myself because I am so afraid. I am not afraid of the psychic world I have grown to understand. I am afraid of the normal world. I realize that when you do not have an understanding of something you will try to discredit whatever that something is. It does not matter if it is another religion or another race or another anything, you will destroy what you do not understand. Human nature will prevail unless we give into our spirit nature. Our spirit nature works through the psychic.
If I can reveal to you what it is like to be psychic, then perhaps you will see in yourself the psychic spirit that is a part of everyone. Then we will all be free to start using our abilities to create a better world. But once again, the intensity of the force will overcome you unless I start at the beginning. So I will begin with the little trickles of psychic events that have contributed an understanding of the psychic world and the spirits that dwell there.
This is not the story of an expert; it is the adventure of an experiencer. This is the story of a common girl growing up in an unusual world. This is a story about a little girl who struggled against her psychic abilities. She wanted nothing to do with all the dreams and visions that set her apart from everyone. Punishment and ridicule were the response when the child spoke of the things she knew.
She could not stop being psychic, so the young child had to learn to hide her abilities. Her psychic experiences became a skeleton in her closet that no one should ever discover. This became the story of an adolescent who hid from her psychic abilities as much as she hid it from others. The psychic side of her was uncharted territory that frightened her.
This is a story of a woman who had to find the courage to accept what the child could not. She could not make the ability go away so she had to learn to understand it. The women opened a door on the other side of the closet and peeked into what is on the other side of reality.
This is the story of a mother who had nowhere else to turn when her daughter was hurt. This angry mother threw open the door on the other side of the closet and created a corridor to get access to the information needed to solve the crime the police had given up on.
This is the story of a wiser woman who learned to not seek punishment but to allow peace. The angry mother wanted to hurt the man that had hurt her daughter. The spirit taught healing instead. I never did get the vengeance I wanted, but I got what was needed.
This is a story of a new woman that finds closure for many issues that started in lives gone by. I am not done yet so this is also the story about a beginning yet to be.
I am getting ahead of myself here. The dam has broken and the force is too much to handle. Let me start the story at the beginning, with the life of the little psychic who had so much to learn.
Old 18-12-2014, 02:23 PM
Master

I have a couple of long fiction stories going but at my current writing rate, the earth will be swallowed by the sun before I get published. One is ww2 related and the other is best described as an early medieval story.
Old 18-12-2014, 03:16 PM
Master
kkfern, you've left me wanting more...

This sounds like a fascinating journey...one I'd love to read.