Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 04-04-2014, 08:35 PM
Master

C W Leadbeater ~Advice Please~

I was researching reading material today and found a very old author who wrote books I believe in the 1920's (was he a Bishop?) who wrote quite a few books on spiritual matter.

I've read some of the reviews on Amazon on his books and some viewers say his works are meaty and difficult to get through.

My question is can anyone give me some information on this author and would you recommend any of his writing?
Old 04-04-2014, 09:55 PM
Master

I've read a little Leadbeater but not enough to make recommendations. I just wanted to mention you can find a lot of his stuff as pdf files online so you can sample his works for free and see what you think.
Old 05-04-2014, 03:30 AM
Master

Thank you for your input.....I will have to check some pdf files out!!
Old 01-06-2014, 10:04 PM
Suspended

Leadbeater was a theosophist with madame blavatsky. He was an occultist who wrote books on the aura, chakras, thought forms etc.. which contain many pictures of these things.. He was also intrumental in revealing krishnamurti to the world.
l also heard he was a paedophile, but l can't confirm this..
Old 02-06-2014, 03:09 AM
Master

Thanks for the information. I'll do some researching about it tomorrow.
Old 16-07-2014, 04:32 PM
Limes

Oh, absolutely , go with Leadbeater and Annie Besant, with whom he teamed up to write any number of books, most of which are available for free. Let me see if I can find the link...

ok, here is a whole SLEW of reading :-) I have yet to make 15 posts here (I posted for years on a much smaller (number of people) spiritually-oriented forum, but they gradually got trapped in their own belief system and I don't go there much anymore.

the site is anandgholap.net/index.html

He has compile an enourmous amount of literature.

No advertising, either, (last time I looked... it has been a while since I used that resource)

Their books on thoughtforms is a great place to start, or you might find the books on the astsral plane and then the devachanic plane a more agreeable setting off point.

Happy Travels!~

-Limes