Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 22-03-2017, 10:00 PM
Administrator
Church Sign

Hello

I love to read what is put forth on the church signs.

There is one out now where we live that says.....

"Jesus is the Light of the Earth"

I had to laugh when my hubby said gee I thought the light of the Sun had that job. For me to rebuttal well Jesus is the Son of God ?

Honestly they need to put a bit more thought into the signs put out as many would not understand where they are coming from and like we did make light of it.

Not being disrespectful here more wondering what a statement like that really means ? Light is energy and life giving from the Sun. This is not something some one that was once human could possibly do. Mortal is just that mortal, even in the after life.

If Jesus was the Son of God and bore by a woman (mother) then he is mortal is he not ?

Lynn
Old 23-03-2017, 02:42 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

I love to read what is put forth on the church signs.

There is one out now where we live that says.....

"Jesus is the Light of the Earth"

I had to laugh when my hubby said gee I thought the light of the Sun had that job. For me to rebuttal well Jesus is the Son of God ?

Honestly they need to put a bit more thought into the signs put out as many would not understand where they are coming from and like we did make light of it.

Not being disrespectful here more wondering what a statement like that really means ? Light is energy and life giving from the Sun. This is not something some one that was once human could possibly do. Mortal is just that mortal, even in the after life.

If Jesus was the Son of God and bore by a woman (mother) then he is mortal is he not ?

Lynn

In my mind it is al so simple.

Jesus is not the son of god.... he is the son of man... (or man & woman)
The holy Spirit, is the son of god...& not jesus is not the son of God nor the holy Spirit/ual energy...jesus is now a christed being because he has sufficient of the holy spiritual energy within him...he is an immortal devine being.

The holy Spiritual energy, is not a sentient being. The holy Spiritual energy, is the one thing, that God, is well pleased with, because it is the only thing.. (energy)..that will transform you & I into a divine being, like unto god creator him/their selves...(singular or plural)...which ever suits you...smiles.

Once you have sufficient of the holy spiritual energy within you, you will be transformed into an immortal being...& THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT JESUS IS...""IMMORTAL""....& HE HAS BEEN AN IMMORTAL BEING SINCE A VERY YOUNG AGE, WHILST HE WAS STILL IN THE FLESH, & AN INHABITANT OF EARTH. But he was not born as an immortal being....he was born as you and I were born....natural "MORTAL, beings.

Not all souls have the holy spiritual energy within them, because they have not constantly been desirous of it, from god/creator, so they are not immortal beings, & are still subject to, the law of "reap as you sow".
& if a mortal being is constantly treating the universe & its inhabitants un lovingly, the law of reap as you sow, will constantly moment by moment, work to its fullest, till that soul discontinues its unloving behavior.....& if that being does not discontinue its unloving behavior, it will keep shrinking & distorting in shape & form & colour tones, to such a point that it will not be recognizable as the being that it once was.
Any being that has god/creators "son/the holy spiritual energy" within them in sufficient quantities, does become immortal & they are expempt from the workings, of the law of "reap as you sow".....

.....Because they do never have unloving thoughts...& will never be inharmonious with God/creators "way of love". & will always have access to God/creators celestial kingdom & ever increasing inflowings of creators holy spiritual energy, making them increasingly more & more like unto creator. & they will never stray from god/creators way of love..

Smiles from me....neil
Old 23-03-2017, 06:36 AM
Master
My understanding of this quote is that they are talking about Jesus being the spiritual light of the earth and that followers of the teachings of Jesus will never walk in the dark ( dark meaning evil ).
Old 23-03-2017, 10:34 AM
Master
God want spiritual fruits,
Not religious nuts.

Jesus is my prozac.

Honk if you love Jesus,
Text if you want to meet him.

I wish Noah has swatted those two mosquitoes.

Certain Church signs do make you stop and think....then laugh
Old 23-03-2017, 02:39 PM
Master

If I correctly understand your comments Lynn,
then maybe a similar type of sign that says,
"Jesus Saves"
(I've seen these myself travelling in the American (USA) South and Midwest)

...is really about a financial institution, or a medical practice?

And I know there are many people, especially of Hispanic descent named 'Jesus' (although pronounced 'Hay-soos'), including some professional athletes, who were mortal. We know this definitively because many of them actually died.

People may need to,
"put a bit more thought into the signs put out",
I agree.

But then again, maybe by the same token, we too as those same people could put more thought into our understanding of symbol and metaphor?

Meanwhile...
Here is a song - for entertainment purposes only - with lyrics, about the ongoing conundrum and controversy of signs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeT5otk2R1g

~ J