Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 20-10-2011, 04:06 PM
Master
I see.
=^..^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
if you don't understand me, there might be no common frame of reference between us to really understand what is being said. i don't really read your posts so i have no idea about you.

Old 20-10-2011, 04:07 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Hi Hybrid: What word do you use to refer to the collection of memories, opinions, beliefs, hopes, emotions, and character that is uniquely and inextricably associated with the physical presence we reference as 'hybrid'?

Be well..
Old 20-10-2011, 04:09 PM
Master
Quote:
an obstacle to the flow. inefficient and cumbersome

But you do have the 'I' thought? I assume so because you have these expressed thoughts here.

I see it as an 'object' which doesn't interfere, because to me, love is a way of seeing.

Love yourself means to me to see the 'I thought' lovingly.
Old 20-10-2011, 04:11 PM
Master
my apologies SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I see.
=^..^=
Old 20-10-2011, 04:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
But you do have the 'I' thought? I assume so because you have these expressed thoughts here.

I see it as an 'object' which doesn't interfere, because to me, love is a way of seeing.

Love yourself means to me to see the 'I thought' lovingly.

that's what i said, loving one self is a phrase that can mean a lot of things.
but to literally love one self as in telling your self " i love myself, i love myself, i love myself" is ridiculous.
Old 20-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

Hi Hybrid: What word do you use to refer to the collection of memories, opinions, beliefs, hopes, emotions, and character that is uniquely and inextricably associated with the physical presence we reference as 'hybrid'?

Be well..
to call into one word what you mentioned is only to make abstraction about them, and that will be what you will ever accomplished with your line of questioning, to argue your own abstraction against my experience.
Old 20-10-2011, 04:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
I think your approach has its place for sure. I think that what you are suggesting is to 'treat' the negative feeling as if it is real (or true), which is the EFT approach. The other way is to 'treat' the feeling as if it isnt real (or true). I use both strategies at different times. They are basically just different ways of framing the feeling, though I think the truth is that love always resides in our hearts even when there are negative feelings arising.

I think what people refer to as 'negative feeling' I refer to as 'this feeling'. I don't think there is any point in confusing the issue by like 'I don't really feel this feeling'

What I really do think, is this feeling comes and it passes away, so things can't hold 'reality'... The truth is more to do with universal phenomena so one individuals feelings are not 'the truth'... the truth is like 'this feeling, it's changing' but not in words, just in silent moment by moment observation.

I think you're right enough to say love is inate of our heart regardless of feelings that arize. (I just had to cut out the 'negative')

'Negative' merely indicates an aversion to certain feelings, but I feel aversion and hatred are the same flavour, so truthfulness must reign above personal preferance, and although it never seems to be perfected, truthfulness is acceptance with an equanimous mind (as opposed to a reactive one)

Quote:
In ONE way, all difficulties are an illusion, but when the difficulty is a persistent one, sometimes it is helpful to treat the difficulty as if it is real. It is for that reason that there have been times in the past when I have used techniques like cord cutting, entity clearing and energy shields. I dont think any of that stuff is ideal, but sometimes the difficulty is such that Ive found it to be the best thing to do.

I steer clear of 'illusion' and 'real' and 'ideal'. EFT. It's a practice, a tool, a method, a srtategy.

Everyone has life issues anyway, and good to work them out, I mean we're compelled to, but that is the 'journey', and they are not in the way of self realization, because 'you' are on the journey, not off in the future after all this work is done... I mean you don't earn yourself ay? tee hee.
Old 20-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Master
Quote:
that's what i said, loving one self is a phrase that can mean a lot of things.
but to literally love one self as in telling your self " i love myself, i love myself, i love myself" is ridiculous.

Yeah... I see what you mean. teehee. It sounds laughable when you put it like that.

I think what it boils down to is, the truth needs precedence over everything else, myself included, for a personal preference is fine and good, but it's a damned thing if it rules my life... (hence the saying holier than thou?)
Old 20-10-2011, 05:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I think what people refer to as 'negative feeling' I refer to as 'this feeling'. I don't think there is any point in confusing the issue by like 'I don't really feel this feeling'

What I really do think, is this feeling comes and it passes away, so things can't hold 'reality'... The truth is more to do with universal phenomena so one individuals feelings are not 'the truth'... the truth is like 'this feeling, it's changing' but not in words, just in silent moment by moment observation.

I think you're right enough to say love is inate of our heart regardless of feelings that arize. (I just had to cut out the 'negative')

'Negative' merely indicates an aversion to certain feelings, but I feel aversion and hatred are the same flavour, so truthfulness must reign above personal preferance, and although it never seems to be perfected, truthfulness is acceptance with an equanimous mind (as opposed to a reactive one)

I steer clear of 'illusion' and 'real' and 'ideal'. EFT. It's a practice, a tool, a method, a srtategy.

Everyone has life issues anyway, and good to work them out, I mean we're compelled to, but that is the 'journey', and they are not in the way of self realization, because 'you' are on the journey, not off in the future after all this work is done... I mean you don't earn yourself ay? tee hee.

Haha yes, I agree with that last paragraph.

Ive sort of come round to the idea these days that there are some things that I experience as pleasant and some things I dont. Every day at the moment, 4 or 5 times a day, I do a chore that I experience as unpleasant. Its a physical body reaction that makes my face contort a bit and my stomach churn when I think about it. I have tried lots of strategies for dealing with this sense of unpleasantness and the most effective one I have found is to focus on a photo while Im doing the chore. Its almost as if the sense of unpleasantness then gets relegated to the very edge of my conscious awareness. Its still there, but just not as intense. There is a joy that takes precedence.

I cant remember what my point is......oh yes, I think that positive and negative is just part of our experience, though we have many many different ways of talking about this polarity. It seems to me that you have a strategy for dealing with the pleasant and unpleasant that arises so that you can generally experience more pleasant stuff, and I think your strategy has merit. I also think there are other strategies that have merit too though. I honestly think that consciously averting our attention away from what is triggering an unpleasant feeling to something that triggers a more pleasing feeling can be a helpful strategy. Or sometimes just 'seeing through' anger can be enough without having to actually acknowledge the 'truth' of it.
Old 20-10-2011, 06:20 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
to call into one word what you mentioned is only to make abstraction about them, and that will be what you will ever accomplished with your line of questioning, to argue your own abstraction against my experience.
"To call into one word", that would apply equally to the expressions: "Love is all", "God is all", or "awareness is all", isn't that so.. maybe i don't want to argue, hybrid.. maybe i just want a civil discussion, but.. when civil discussions don't go the way you think they should, you begin the hostilities.. just sayin'..

Be well..