Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 20-10-2011, 03:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
to actually love one's self is narcissism.
true love is without self

I always thought narcissism was a certain type of pathological behavior, love notwithstanding...?

"True love is without self."

I think that a lot of people would say and seen it here on this forum, that if you don't love yourself first, (take care of yourself, respect yourself and others, etc.) you can't really love anyone else.

Old 20-10-2011, 03:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
All right Gem. You know, I could say that you are pretty good at deftly belittling too - but you would deny you meant anything like that, and the next round of the game would be all set up - the game which you don't play, of course.

I suppose I should just quit while I'm behind.

Spiritualists make snide remarks which belittle people in order to elate themselves, and Moke may laugh but he can remember calling me 'sick', but not in a direct way, it was more like I sense a something something sick energy. ('something something' were other nasty assertions but I can't remember exactly what they were).

You're not really playing Humm, I'm really only saying be careful of the pitfalls.
Old 20-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I think that a lot of people would say and seen it here on this forum, that if you don't love yourself first, (take care of yourself, respect yourself and others, etc.) you can't really love anyone else.

it doesn't work
Old 20-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Master
Quote:
its impossible to love one self.
we only say that as a figure of speech.
to actually love one's self is narcissism.
true love is without self

How do you see the 'I' thought Hybrid?
Old 20-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Master
Quote:
it doesn't work

Possibly.

It sounds good, *shrug*

Soooo...you subscribe to the selfless love being IT? The real thing? hybrid? Is that where your personal experience is? Would you care to give a brief definition of selfless love that you mentioned?

Old 20-10-2011, 03:48 PM
Master
yes, the self impedes the flow of love. that's the mechanics that work.
Quote:
Possibly.

It sounds good, *shrug*

Soooo...you subscribe to the selfless love being IT? The real thing? hybrid? Is that where your personal experience is? Would you care to give a brief definition of selfless love that you mentioned?
Old 20-10-2011, 03:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
How do you see the 'I' thought Hybrid?
an obstacle to the flow. inefficient and cumbersome
Old 20-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Master
Question

So, we 'get rid' of ourselves in order to truly love another?

Is it just me or does anyone else think we could get more out of your responses if they were more in-depth, fleshed out?

So, does this statement of yours mean to say/point out that you are 'gone', in a sense?

Quote:
yes, the self impedes the flow of love. that's the mechanics that work.

Old 20-10-2011, 03:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Yes, it does twist my knickers that. LOL.

I do not think a sense of denial has benefits. If the feeling arizes then that's the feeling experienced, which is why I have respect for the EFT method... mainly because the affirmation acknowledges the truth, and it also addresses your second paragraph, because there is no delusion or denial involved in saying: "even though I feel angry and guilty, I wholly love and accept myself."

I mean it's a very accurate statement. (If indeed it is applicable to a particular individual)

Ok self imagery is something I can try to model... it starts with 'I', so we'd say 'I' is the origin thought and it gains definition by the thoughts surrounding it, so surround the 'I' with loving thoughts. In anger or whatever: 'even though I feel (named emotion)' then comes 'I wholly love and accept myself.'

So the emotion may be as it is, but 'I' is surrouded by loving thoughts.

I think it's truthful and loving really.

I think your approach has its place for sure. I think that what you are suggesting is to 'treat' the negative feeling as if it is real (or true), which is the EFT approach. The other way is to 'treat' the feeling as if it isnt real (or true). I use both strategies at different times. They are basically just different ways of framing the feeling, though I think the truth is that love always resides in our hearts even when there are negative feelings arising.

In ONE way, all difficulties are an illusion, but when the difficulty is a persistent one, sometimes it is helpful to treat the difficulty as if it is real. It is for that reason that there have been times in the past when I have used techniques like cord cutting, entity clearing and energy shields. I dont think any of that stuff is ideal, but sometimes the difficulty is such that Ive found it to be the best thing to do.
Old 20-10-2011, 04:02 PM
Master
Quote:
So, we 'get rid' of ourselves in order to truly love another?

Is it just me or does anyone else think we could get more out of your responses if they were more in-depth, fleshed out?

So, does this statement of yours mean to say/point out that you are 'gone', in a sense?

if you don't understand me, there might be no common frame of reference between us to really understand what is being said. i don't really read your posts so i have no idea about you.