Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 05-02-2011, 04:44 PM
windwhistle

Space-Case

O.K. so I'm spaced out a lot. At any given moment I have multi-layered brain activity...such as; a constant loud white noise buzz overlapped with a song and a thought on top of that and a daydream whilst driving a car, working or whatever. No wonder I'm forgetful!

I can't comprehend directions easily. This causes my boss at work to get frustrated. I can't take in what she is saying. Sometimes it seems like people at work move and talk so fast or in a foreign language...I'm always asking, :What?" This is embarrassing.

I take a long time to learn new things and forget them quickly. It takes supreme effort to remember cash register sequences and I've been there 5 months.

I have trouble articulating...sometimes I can only describe things in elementary language like big, little, nice and funny. My job demands I sell well and this needs improvement. Thouhg I'm an avid reader I seem to read only a sentence and each word becomes a universe so I get tired of reading cuz it's too hard.

I try so hard to keep up. I feel like I'm from another planet sometimes. Do I have ADD?
Old 05-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Master
I am a bit like that myself. I was always so proud of my son because he had the reading comprehension down to a science. Me? Forgetaboutit! I loved the way you put it>>a sentence becomes a universe or something like that! So funny. Partly, I think it's that right brain v. left brain sort of thing, we're more on the creative/intuitive side than the logical side. Learn to appreciate the less than logical or creative approach to living and learning and to utilize those skills (and they are skills) ~ like visualizing the instructions or directions your boss gives you, instead of struggling to be a memory freak like we think others are, lol. Also, a little practice in being in the here and now will appeal to you, realizing that off-focus stance if you know what I mean. Let me know if this rings any bells for you. I hope it helps.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:48 PM
StoneAgeQueen

Windwhistle- I can relate to this. Do you have a hard aspect between mercury and Saturn in your chart? And do you have several planets in Gemini?
Old 05-02-2011, 05:49 PM
Master
I've found many Aquarians are like that/claim to be. I'm Capricorn but born quite near or on the cusp (Jan. 16)

Old 05-02-2011, 06:07 PM
spirit72

No I dont think you have ADD, if you do I do as well, and I have been told I do not... Ask yourself are you in the right job...? Do you feel under pressure in your work...? If so it could simply be a case of finding something that is lower pressure for you, you sound like a sensitive ... No shame in that... Meditation I find is a wonderful way to stop mind chatter... Guided ones that relax you as well gives you a more quieter perspective of your life... Wish you luck...x
Old 05-02-2011, 06:21 PM
Master
Good points, also, Spirit72.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:18 PM
windwhistle

Wow, incredible folks. All these beautiful people on here helping and healing.

Silvergirl wrote, "Learn to appreciate the less than logical or creative approach to living and learning and to utilize those skills (and they are skills) ~ like visualizing the instructions or directions your boss gives.

Wonderful advice...I love the self acceptance factor here and I will start visualizing what she is saying. I'm excited about that! I have been practicing being in the 'now' but it only lasts a few seconds before I forget and end up somewhere else. I think being present at all times is a great practice. Thx Silver, glad to know you're a kindred spirit!

StoneAgeQueen wrote, "Do you have a hard aspect between mercury and Saturn in your chart? And do you have several planets in Gemini?"

I do not know about the hard aspect btw mercury and saturn. I do not have any planets in Gemini. I am Scorpio Sun, Scorpio Moon, Scorpio Rising and Scorpio Venus. But I have NEVER related to Scorpio. I was 10 days late being born and I think I'm a Libra but was afraid to leave the womb bc of all the stress in my family. I am much more of an Air person than a Water person. In fact I gave up on astrology bc Scorpio never fit. I started pretending I was actually born 10 days earlier and charted my horoscope for that and it was dead on. I was supposed to be born on Oct. 20t but I arrived on the 30th instead.

Spirit72 said, "Ask yourself are you in the right job...? Do you feel under pressure in your work...? If so it could simply be a case of finding something that is lower pressure for you, you sound like a sensitive ... No shame in that... Meditation I find is a wonderful way to stop mind chatter... Guided ones that relax you as well gives you a more quieter perspective of your life."

I have been under pressure at work. It is a new job and a whole new career. I am learning many new things every day. My boss is impatiant and industrious and moody. Everyone is afraid of her. However...I absolutely LOVE my job. I get to frame people's paintings using my right brained color knowledge. I love having many activities during the day and speaking to lots of people.. Yesterday I did not feel as spacy. I began to treat my boss as a friend instead of someone I was afraid of. I joked around with her, asked her how she was doing. The ice melted and I made her laugh. The pressure was gone and I performed better. Then I became fully myself around her with no fear and she seemed to love it. I decided she was just like the rest of us and probably knew everybody hated her, so I decided to like her and now I do!!!

What's a guided one and how do I prove the existence of one? I caution you...I am in a doubting phase but I am one with Tao. Is there a Taoist sage guiding me..that'd be way cool.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Master
Quote:
...I absolutely LOVE my job. I get to frame people's paintings using my right brained color knowledge. I love having many activities during the day and speaking to lots of people.. Yesterday I did not feel as spacy. I began to treat my boss as a friend instead of someone I was afraid of. I joked around with her, asked her how she was doing. The ice melted and I made her laugh. The pressure was gone and I performed better. Then I became fully myself around her with no fear and she seemed to love it. I decided she was just like the rest of us and probably knew everybody hated her, so I decided to like her and now I do!!!

That is wonderful to hear, windwhistle! Thumbs up~*