Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 24-01-2015, 04:44 AM
Greenteam765

Empathy question

I think I'm an empath and I've always had trouble establishing myself , and i never really knew who i was as a person.
Always felt like there was a crater in my heart or chest area, which allowed other people's energies to occupy it or "poke" at it, and it was confusing, and i avoid people and i fear offending them, because i could feel their vibes, like an irritating prod in my chest area.
and i was very ungrounded, always felt like a net drifting through a crowd, and all the vibes and energies were overwhelming.

I guess I'm also a kind of a chameleon, like i find it easy to mimic other people's energies, but i never consciously do it. I hate it actually, it was confusing as hell, so i always fight it, instead of going with the flow, and i guess it gave me social anxiety.

also when i was around 8 or so, i experienced excruciating pain in my chest area, it felt like a rib was poking into my lungs, and like i was getting stabbed whenever i breathe.I couldn't even walk properly. Went for body scans, x rays, heart scans, and doctors said it was growing pains? It lasted for a month or so, i don't know if its connected to the empathy.

Its only recently that i surrendered to the universe or a soul mate connection or whatever, and allowed it to fill my heart with light, and i feel whole again, i feel more like myself , but i still get overwhelmed by energy sometimes, which gives me "airplane" ear in my left ear, and also builds up in my throat and chest chakras, and it makes me feel like I'm overflowing and losing myself, so i channel it as loving energy to other people.

Is this a normal empath experience? i tend to fight the feeling of oneness, because it makes me ungrounded, and like I'm drifting.
Old 28-01-2015, 02:27 PM
dreamextremes

I also relate to being an empath. I have social anxiety and require a lot of alone time, and if I am around others too much it really causes me disharmony.

I don't know about the physical pains, could be related to your sensitivities.

Do you do salt cleanses at all? They are helpful - try doing it once a month. Take a salt bath or shower while massaging salt (table salt is best actually) mostly around abdomen and chest. While you do so envision a healing white light surrounding and immersing every part of your body, from your head, neck, abdomen, extremities, hands, feet.

Also thought I'd share this link - I encountered this woman when I first realized I may be an empath and found her helpful. She uses EFT which I personally found quite helpful in keeping myself feeling grounded.

http://www.eliselebeau.com/

Good luck.
Old 29-01-2015, 05:33 PM
Labyrinthine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenteam765
I think I'm an empath and I've always had trouble establishing myself , and i never really knew who i was as a person.
Always felt like there was a crater in my heart or chest area, which allowed other people's energies to occupy it or "poke" at it, and it was confusing. I could feel their vibes, like an irritating prod in my chest area.
and i was very ungrounded, always felt like a net drifting through a crowd, and all the vibes and energies were overwhelming.

I guess I'm also a kind of a chameleon, like i find it easy to mimic other people's energies, but i never consciously do it.

also when i was around 8 or so, i experienced excruciating pain in my chest area, it felt like a rib was poking into my lungs, and like i was getting stabbed whenever i breathe.I couldn't even walk properly. Went for body scans, x rays, heart scans, and doctors said it was growing pains? It lasted for a month or so, i don't know if its connected to the empathy.

Its only recently that i surrendered to the universe or a soul mate connection or whatever, and allowed it to fill my heart with light, and i feel whole again, i feel more like myself , but i still get overwhelmed by energy sometimes, which gives me "airplane" ear in my left ear, and also builds up in my throat and chest chakras, and it makes me feel like I'm overflowing and losing myself, so i channel it as loving energy to other people.

Is this a normal empath experience? i tend to fight the feeling of oneness, because it makes me ungrounded, and like I'm drifting.

I get what you are saying.