Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 05-11-2011, 08:54 AM
donnnn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by slave of Allaah
Yes you are right. Miracles are truth.

The problem is that there are some magician who do what people think is miracle, but in fact they are practicing magic.

So, the best thing to avoid confusion and be in the safe side is to consider the message itself. If the message make sense more than the others, then it is the truth.

Prophet Mohammad, peace be upon him, said to one of his friends: "Ask your heart about the answer even if people gave you answers upon answers".

Are you asking about the prophet miracles, or miracles of his followers?

All muslims agree on the prophet's miracles (the Quran is the biggest of them. The rest are physical, and only those around him could detect them. So the impact is not continuos as the Quran.)

But the miracles of muslims are rare and many people invent lies to promote their teachers.

Check the link in my previous post to know the reason.

Peace

I am looking for miracles of the followers of the Islamic faith.

Christianity and Catholicism in particular has loads of them. Eg. Lourdes
Old 05-11-2011, 12:21 PM
AngelicOrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by slave of Allaah
The link seems to be observations.

For me, all observations are relative truth, but the truth is the best one.

If I see the money as mine, and you see it as yours, then the truth is either the money is for both (50%50, etc), or for non, or for one.

"The Best" analysis is the truth.

So true, so true.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:25 PM
Moraden

Don't blame a religion for human corruption. We are a cancer and taint all that we touch. Take the religion for what it is, not what people make of it.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:09 AM
Raptor Witness

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnnn1
Fundamentalist Christians have really messed my head up big time. Im am worried about going to hell and have a sickening fear of death.

They have also told me that Jesus will come and send all other religions to Hell.

I hate this fear, is Christianity and the bible the only real truth?

You just have to find some smart Christians, who aren't crazy.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:10 PM
donnnn1

So men have created lies in religions to create fear to control people? In turn gaining power?

The Catholic Church in particular creates so much fear, look at the power they have, so much wealth and even their own state and city.
Old 21-11-2011, 05:08 AM
BlackWolf

So, what DOES St. Therese describe heaven as? You caught my interest.

I was also afraid of going to hell. God is not evil, he is very loving and helpful. I actually read a post from a friend about someone asking why God has turned his back on mankind. Billy Grahams daughter responded by saying this "I believe God is deeply saddened by this, just as we are, but for years we've been telling God to get out of our schools, to get out of our government and to get out of our lives. And being the gentleman He is, I believe He has calmly backed out. How can we expect God to give us His blessing and His protection if we demand He leave us alone?”

Makes perfect sense. I have separate beliefs from the bible but I still believe in God.
Old 21-11-2011, 06:49 AM
mattie

Imploding Under Own Hubris

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnnn1
So men have created lies in religions to create fear to control people? In turn gaining power?

The Catholic Church in particular creates so much fear, look at the power they have, so much wealth and even their own state and city.

All of the organized religions are problematic. Some are allot more problematic than others. We benefit greatly w/ moving into the position of investigating spirituality, a state of our relationship w/ our core energies & the energies we call God (Universe), moving past the drama of organized religion's control of others. It is the responsibility of others to choose when they find this to be unappealing!

Let them (RCC) worry about thier own hubris. They are currently imploding. Just stand clear!
Old 21-11-2011, 08:18 AM
Tabitha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWolf
Billy Grahams daughter responded by saying this "I believe God is deeply saddened by this, just as we are, but for years we've been telling God to get out of our schools, to get out of our government and to get out of our lives. And being the gentleman He is, I believe He has calmly backed out. How can we expect God to give us His blessing and His protection if we demand He leave us alone?”

But I don't think that most people have pushed "God" away, just organised religion. When questioned it's usually found that most people have some belief in some sort of afterlife and existence beyond the perceived physical universe, and some vague notion of "God", even if they're not really sure what "God" is (count me in there). I may be wrong, but I'd wager that determined atheists are in a minority.

It's not God most people have become wary of, it's the Church, and its preachers trying to tell the rest of us what God wants for us, or at least their version of it.
Old 21-11-2011, 09:28 AM
Occultist

Remember Hell or Sheol only means seperation of God. Not a horrible place where we go to suffer we have no bodys anymore we cant get cancer or burn or freeze or feel hungry. these are human body feelings not your soul.
Bible is one book you looking at one belief if your young study theology and religions and occult and see where that leads. I wish you a safe and happy journey.
Old 21-11-2011, 12:29 PM
BlackWolf

Tabitha. People haven't pushed God away? They took "under God" out of the school pledge of allegiance, they took God out of schools completely. They took the 10 commandments off the front of a courthouse in the south. People say this country wasnt founded on Christianity. How are people not pushing God away? I don't know what country you are from but this country was founded on christianity. This is fact, not some **** that I am making up. There are too many individuals who come to this country to complain that we aren't satisfying their right to freedom of religion because we still said "under God" in the flag salute. So we bend over for them and have taken God out of everything. Too bad we can't be like France and tell them if they don't like it, leave. lol.

I agree that those Christians who preach about how hellfire and damnation will come upon you if you don't believe should be toned down. I had the **** scared out of me for so long because of people like them. They say that they need to live a pious life and give to the needy. But whenever I went to their church I was questioned non stop about why I wasn't there every Sunday and if I wasn't working on Sundays I should be at church. They even went as far as to have a prayer circle for me. That was humiliating. And these were people who were my friends and schoolmates and even my teachers in high school. I was so scared when I was little that I was going to go to hell that I would cry every single night. I was raised Catholic. Now things are different. I believe in God but my views on "hell" are changing. Pagans lived a happy, simple life with no worries of hell or damnation. Why can't it be that way now?