Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 17-02-2014, 04:07 PM
Average Joe

is it possible to fix your karma?

Like if one has done bad things in his/her life, and wants to not have to reincarnate again, how would they go about doing it? How are they supposed to know how bad they messed up? It's not like there's a points system when it comes to it so what's the difference between killing someone vs stealing as an example?
Old 17-02-2014, 07:26 PM
Knower
Eastern religions may have a different understanding of karma and reincarnation -- what I have learned from reading accounts of communication from the dead is that karma is not a punishment or reward. We are here to learn to be loving and forgiving. Whatever you have done in the past, being loving and forgiving today is the way to make things better.

Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather he must recognize that it is he who is asked.
Viktor E. Frankl
Old 17-02-2014, 07:50 PM
Experiencer
In the spirit world, spirits are show all the consequences to their actions, all their past lives, they can see everything very clearly including how their actions affected others. So they know how bad they messed up.

It's up to the spirit to decide if they want to correct what they have done wrong, and they know that in doing so they will develop their consciousness and end up in a much better vibration level (a happier spirit in a better spiritual dimension). How they will make up for what they have done may vary a lot because there are many ways to repair the harm done and it'll all depend on many, many factors.

For instance, a possibility might be, one might want to reincarnate as a parent to the spirit they killed in a past life, so as to give them back their life and support them through the life they took away (note: I'm not saying that all parent/child relationship is due to that! It's just one of many possibilities). As for stealing, the spirit might need to be more altruistic or might need make other people's lives happier in next life to make up for the sadness they caused in the last one. Or they might need to reincarnate as a poor person and resist the temptation of stealing again.

There are good deeds that they can do without reincarnating, but then they aren't really being tested if they are able to do so intuitively. So I would imagine it would take longer to redeem without reincarnating. I would compare it to an exam where you can look at the book for the answers. In those exams, the questions have to be much harder and require your analysis a lot more because you already get the benefit of consulting the book. Do you get what I mean?
Old 17-02-2014, 08:50 PM
Master

To quote Dic* Sutphen wisdom ersasses karma . There a number of methods to let go of karma . Some you might try . Think about some of the bad things , visualize them filled with white light , do some deep breathing until the image fades . Yoga works too .
Old 17-02-2014, 08:51 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Joe
Like if one has done bad things in his/her life, and wants to not have to reincarnate again, how would they go about doing it? How are they supposed to know how bad they messed up? It's not like there's a points system when it comes to it so what's the difference between killing someone vs stealing as an example?

It's possible to fix your karma in the afterlife so you don't have to reincarnate again. But you don't get anything for free.
It could mean working in the dark spheres, helping other people, it could also mean helping incarnate people with their lives on earth.
Which ever way you go, it's never an easy road to solve your karma. Working in the dark spheres can be pretty exhausting too.

You will know how bad you messed up by the sphere you will have made your own in the afterlife. The consequences of your messing up translates to the sphere in the afterlife to which you have attuned yourself by your actions and deeds.
If you mess up, you end up in a lower sphere. If you do good, you end up in a lighter sphere. Because the sphere in the afterlife where you will 'go' is actually the outward representation of what you have made your own in terms of feeling and consciousness.

You don't 'go' to a sphere in the afterlife, you make it your own. You 'build' your own sphere in the afterlife by the actions and deeds that you do. It's a representation of your inner feeling.
Old 17-02-2014, 09:18 PM
Karma is just learning and teaching. No point system, honey, just love.
Learn and grow in wisdom and kindness and love...forgive others and yourself
for your mistakes and faux paux, (ha, pl of faux pas, who knew).
You could come back to learn that wherever you look there is God's Presence.
Does that sound like a point system to you? Ha.

Learn about the depth of the Creator's love for you...that would be where I would start,
then you will naturally blossom into a loving soul yourself....you won't care where you are then...
Here, there, no matter.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-02-2014, 09:20 PM
Master
My thinking is the same as Celera and Miss Hepburn.
Old 17-02-2014, 09:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Joe

It is not important where you have been. What matters is, where you are now.
Karma registers imbalance. All we have to do is, come into balance.
How do we do this? By letting go. This is easier said then done, when I look around me or read on boards like this one. If it was easy, spirits would not have to come in here over and over again, for most it will take in excess of 100 incarnations to achieve this balance.
The simplest way is, forgive, forgive and forgive again. Yourself and all around you. And of cause, ask for forgiveness. You don't have to ask physically, just internally. Feel the imbalance fall away, and your emotions flatten out.
There are many other methods to achieve the same results, but it all depends of preferences. I mentioned forgiveness, since most have background in some religion. It is easy to understand. But if you rebel against your upbringing, then forgiveness might not be for you. Perhaps the Kabbalah might suit you. But what ever one uses, balance it the key.
Old 17-02-2014, 09:59 PM
Excellent! And Celera,too. Sorry, I haven't gotten to them all, I'm sure they are great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairyana
In the spirit world, spirits are show all the consequences to their actions, all their past lives, they can see everything very clearly including how their actions affected others. So they know how bad they messed up.

It's up to the spirit to decide if they want to correct what they have done wrong, and they know that in doing so they will develop their consciousness and end up in a much better vibration level (a happier spirit in a better spiritual dimension). How they will make up for what they have done may vary a lot because there are many ways to repair the harm done and it'll all depend on many, many factors.

For instance, a possibility might be, one might want to reincarnate as a parent to the spirit they killed in a past life, so as to give them back their life and support them through the life they took away (note: I'm not saying that all parent/child relationship is due to that! It's just one of many possibilities). As for stealing, the spirit might need to be more altruistic or might need make other people's lives happier in next life to make up for the sadness they caused in the last one. Or they might need to reincarnate as a poor person and resist the temptation of stealing again.

There are good deeds that they can do without reincarnating, but then they aren't really being tested if they are able to do so intuitively. So I would imagine it would take longer to redeem without reincarnating. I would compare it to an exam where you can look at the book for the answers. In those exams, the questions have to be much harder and require your analysis a lot more because you already get the benefit of consulting the book. Do you get what I mean?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru