Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 07-11-2010, 12:59 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox
Hello to one and all,

A question arose from a recent Reiki healing circle and we wonder if you shed some light on it.

During a recent Healing circle, one of our colleagues advised us that one of his friends, we will call him Andy, had chatted to him regarding a recent healing Andy had gave.

When Andy was about to commence his Reiki healing on his friend he got the inner urge to stand back out of his friends energy and realign. Now, this has happened on several occasions that Andy has been "told" to step back and realign before continuing with the Healing.

Here is the question: Being "told" to stand back happens in Spiritual healings, which I have experienced but I for one, have never experienced this in any Reiki healings that I have done. Our circle are still debating whether this is a Reiki healing or in fact a Spiritual healing Andy is doing.

Still not quite sure if Andy knows the difference between Reiki and Spiritual healing. Thank you all in advance for your feedback.

May the Angels keep you safe, even when you are sleeping.

Silverfox

Hello

Well being new to "Official" Reiki havig done much that is simlar for many years but not haveing the "Paper" that says learned ( Level One). I have been pulled back at times from one I have been working on. To me energy is just that energy its the INTENSIONS that that the healer has that matters most.

When doing healing one is NOT alone with the person getting healings. One is with one's Healing Guides and Spirit Guides, too maybe other's in Spirit that were healers themselves. For our GREATER good at times we are directed to maybe take a step back. If one is not protected or grouned then one does no good for the one being worked on.

In the Level One I did we were going over the hand postions and with one no matter how hard I tried to stay on FOCUS to where I was to go next I was Guided back to her ice cold foot. To more that energy in her. To find out she had shattered that ankel and that there was nerve and circululation damages there. I finally just surrenedered to where I was meant to be. Her foot started to warm a bit, not much but a bit.

YES I did not successfully complete that lesson being tauhght but I worked for the Greater Good of the person getting some of me energies. WRONG I feel not.

There are many times to one might find that WALL seems to go up that there is a BLOCK there like one is not meant to work on someone. One's energy might well not match the other's is all.

I have one friend it took us a year to be able to go to IM ( Instand Messanger) as our energies would not mix. We made eachother feel ill physcially.

We are all energy but like a magnet there is a possitive and negative pull.

Reiki and Spiritual Energy to me would be one in the same, energy that is in us and projected from us and take into us.

Lynn
Old 07-11-2010, 01:53 AM
Silverfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny shine
You are right! I am a Reiki healer and i havent been standing out to realign energy etc, we just invoke reiki and start healing. I think andy is doing spiritual healing, but reiki is so flexible it can be used along with any other healing modalities.
Sunny shine, I am of your thinking but there is still a split on what energy Andy was actually working with. We are taught that within our Reiki circle, we use reiki. There is a time and a place where we can praise and feel honoured in working with our spiritual guides so our circle certainly insists that Reiki circle means Reiki...Spritual circle means Spiritual. Thank you again for your imput, it certainly helped me and confirmed my feelings too.

May the warm breath of the angels let you know you are kept safe,

God bless Sunny shine.

Silverfox.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:06 AM
Silverfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
If the people who do both kind of healing can tell the difference then they must be able to say what the difference is.
Andy may just imitate them. Approval, acknowledgment, recognition may be some motivating factors.
Maybe he just doesn't need training in it but does it naturally?

Hi there Pre-dawn.
Any spiritual / Reiki healing has to be done in a safe, protected environment. To do it outside these parameters would certainly be foolish. This is a very serious situation in where one of ours is doing something quite out of the "ordinary" and certainly needs addressed. The position we feel we are in is this....Andy was attuned by a certified reiki master and has been reiki healing for the last few months. We "feel" that something is not quite right with the reiki "hat" on, The question is... do we approach Andy direct and confront him..not really good for his spritual/reiki moral or do we say..Andy, take a couple of months off??

We don`t think he is imitating, just a wee bit off the mark.

HELP...please.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:19 AM
Silverfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiler
Hi Silverfox

Does your healing circle also use or ask for self protection (individually each person) before starting healing?
with kindness
:)

Smiler..hello there, from a very cold Scotland.

Our circle has a lot of..shall I say..experienced older chargers...or something like that. Protection is the very essence before we do anything. We practice as a group and also as a kinda backup...we also put in our own individual protection to make sure that we were all safe from neg energies.

Hope this answers your question.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:04 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya
I am puzzled as to why you feel Reiki and Spiritual healing are contradictory. In my experience, they are opposite sides of the same coin.

How can healing be diluted? Surely the patient will get what they need;for example - Reiki healing on the physical/emotional level and spiritual healing on the higher vibratory levels.

It was through Reiki that I was taught spiritual healing by my spirit healers. While I can easily recognise the difference when working on a patient, I don't think I'd be right to say - Hold off, guys, she only came here for reiki and that's all she's getting thru me!'. I trust that the patient receives what they need, on all levels.
Let me state and hopefully clarify my viewpoint.
There is confusion all around in this thread because terms are not clearly defined. Strictly speaking, Reiki is spiritual healing if this is used as a very generic term, but is not spiritual healing as I understand it, if it is used as a specific term.

As a specific terms it goes together with spiritual Churches and most are based on Christianity (leaving out shamanic and voodoo churches). Thus the healing comes from God via Jesus through the healer.

The Ki of Reiki is an undifferentiated energy field and every person is plugged into that field at all times. This natural connection facilitates an energetic survival level, mainly because we do not develop it.

Reiki is one of the techniques to develop a stronger connection with the Ki field. The Reiki practitioner is basically facilitating a stronger connection in the client by pulling the vibratory field to a higher frequency (resonance).
Advanced practitioners may also project 'excess' Ki (Ki not immediately needed by the practitioner) towards the client although most practitioners just seem to hope that their outflow is matched by a corresponding inflow of Ki, therefore the 'being a channel' idea.

The important point is to that Reiki does not need supernatural facilitator but is in fact an entirely natural process.

In spiritual healing the source is effectively the supernatural Jesus. It requires and takes place withing a specific belief system. It is 'other world' based and requires faith.
In Reiki the source of healing is the natural world and is devoid of a belief system and is 'this world' based through observation of and manipulation of effects requiring no faith whatsoever.

Although both systems may achieve the same result there is an opposite or contradictory approach. Reiki certainly contradicts the Christian understanding of healing, its source and the way it works.

The healer should be clear in his mind from which angle he is going to work. Flipping between the methods breaks the established connection. Reconnection can of course be re-established but that always takes a little time. Because the connection is broken repeatedly the healing result is not as good as a single modality healing session would be, and called it diluted. This is done mainly by our ideas that more variety is more, but here, less in technique, and more in consistency, is actually more.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:23 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Hi there Pre-dawn.
Any spiritual / Reiki healing has to be done in a safe, protected environment. To do it outside these parameters would certainly be foolish.
Let me deal with this first. While it is generally desirable that suitable conditions exist because it puts the client at ease, I do not see it as a client requirement but more a practitioner one. IOW, to insist on such conditions shows that the practitioner is not solidly rooted in his practice.

A Catholic priest does not wait until there is a safe, protected environment before he administers the last sacrament. He sometimes gives it to the person amidst the carnage, chaos and mayhem. Why should a Reiki practitioner not be able to do the same?

You may translate that to any life situation, near catastrophic or only mildly upsetting. The not-safe and unprotected environment is one's own mind creation, so ... create something different.

Safe and protected is an attribute of the ritualistic Reiki session and is designed to get all participants to a similar state of mind. As such it is a useful tool.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:33 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
The position we feel we are in is this....Andy was attuned by a certified reiki master and has been reiki healing for the last few months. We "feel" that something is not quite right with the reiki "hat" on, The question is... do we approach Andy direct and confront him..not really good for his spritual/reiki moral or do we say..Andy, take a couple of months off??
I would take the explanation in my previous post, then tell him that it was noticed that he mixes the two healing methods, and suggest that he focuses on one or the other, at least within a healing session.

If he takes offense to that then for a period of time he should focus on healing himself rather than healing others.

If he only has Reiki, then of course he should focus on Reiki.
It may mean that he has to ignore the commands he hears. All roles, in this case 'Reiki healer', impose certain requirements.
If his other worldly friends take offense to that then they should be sent away to do their own healing, instead of creating trouble.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:10 AM
Master
Thanks Silverfox for your reply,
peace love and joy to you
:)
Old 07-11-2010, 06:00 AM
SoaringSpirit

I know that a lot of people feel that reiki (and I suppose many other healing modalities) should stay 'undiluted', meaning that only reiki is used for a particular healing, but personally, I'm going to avail myself of any healing modalities I know and use to help my client. I generally use crystals and reiki together for my healing sessions, and if during a session, I get a 'nudge' from my guides to use something else as well, then I will do so.

I have to confess that I don't know much about spiritual healing, so I can't really comment on that.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Silverfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
Let me deal with this first. While it is generally desirable that suitable conditions exist because it puts the client at ease, I do not see it as a client requirement but more a practitioner one. IOW, to insist on such conditions shows that the practitioner is not solidly rooted in his practice.

A Catholic priest does not wait until there is a safe, protected environment before he administers the last sacrament. He sometimes gives it to the person amidst the carnage, chaos and mayhem. Why should a Reiki practitioner not be able to do the same?

You may translate that to any life situation, near catastrophic or only mildly upsetting. The not-safe and unprotected environment is one's own mind creation, so ... create something different.

Safe and protected is an attribute of the ritualistic Reiki session and is designed to get all participants to a similar state of mind. As such it is a useful tool.

Pre-dawn, Thank you for your thoughts and explanations. I should have made clear what I mean by " safe and protected environment". I was taught to center myself and protect myself with assistance from my healing angels / guides before I did any Spiritual or Reiki healing practice. My understanding in doing this is this; the client may be someone who may have untreated mental issues or is disturbed in another sense. I have to be sure that my protection, prior to giving this person a healing, is effective enough so containing any negative energies that may be pinging off the patient. I cannot afford to lower my protective guard for 1 second that would allow something to attach itself to my patient, to do so would be very foolish as having witnessed healers who have not protected themselves and get an unwelcome attachment. Regarding being " rooted "; simply cannot work without being grounded / rooted.What are your thoughts and practices prior to giving some poor soul a healing??

God bless

Silverfox