Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 12-02-2017, 03:30 AM
Burntfruit

We just exist. We are.

Time does not flow in the same way in the astral as the physical.

We are not going to wait around for eternity measured by the clock, time is a physical concept, and not the same in the astral.
Old 12-02-2017, 05:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent energy
Its quite strange. If I think about it during the day, like right now, its not scary. But when I'm lying in bed at night and think about forever and existing forever, and there being no end, the fear becomes overwhelming where its like a mini-panic attack and I need to get up and shake it off and stop thinking about it.

Perhaps some here could try thinking about it before going to sleep and see if the same thing happens.

Most people describe the concept of eternity as beyond human comprehension.

Maybe what is terrifying is the unknown.

Maybe what scares you is you think eternity would be spent as who you are now. Most people agree that before we experience anything like eternity we undergo a change of consciousness in which we stop existing as individuals.
Old 12-02-2017, 05:42 AM
Experiencer

I don't know that I've ever experienced "terrifying" fear, but there was indeed a fear of the unknown in what we call 'eternity' when I'd contemplate it. That was before I had a NDE. Since that experience, I see that this existence isn't the reality of existence. The way I comprehend it is that existence in that place we call the 'afterlife' is the reality of existence, and it's simply there...with no time (or what we perceive as 'time', of which 'eternity' is a part of). It felt like that place is indeed the present, which we truly can't experience in this dimension with it's perception of 'time' created by the ego. Our egos will die one day...our consciousness will continue to exist. So, our egos are influenced by the time we occupy in past and future of time, our consciousness once freed from the ego, experiences that place between past and future, which is the reality of existence.
Lol...I hope I'm expressing my thoughts coherently, but that's my take on it.
Old 12-02-2017, 06:29 AM
Master
Night time often reflects the silence and stillness where you have to face things you are not noticing when awake and moving, when your up and moving things move to the background. Stillness brings the presence of things that require our attention.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 12-02-2017, 07:34 PM
Master

Sort of for me to. What I do now is use the time to work on the fear and conquer it. I know night time is when I use to have my greatest fear and in the day light I had none. I began to realize and saw the physical time I was most frightened. Night time is our most primal and evolutionary experiencing. It's all energy if you think about it.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:31 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Does anyone else get overwhelmed by the most terrifying fear when they lay in bed at night and deeply think about the concept of eternity?

I would say that you appear to be overly identified as being someone in this world.

Eternity is not something to fear, it is what you are now, in the present. It is not a long time. It is another name for the present, the gift, the only presence there really is as all other being is not or is passing in time.

When you think you have a thought, any thought (rather that just watch it appear), you have an experience. However when you do not think you have the thought, you merely observe the experience (the thought, the image) as it passes, rather than experience it.

Fear is the experience of being in a fearful thought, rather than merely observing it.

The present, eternity, is not involved in time as this awareness/knowing that you are does not change. It is not the body as it can see the body moving about relative to it's utter stillness. It knows that what passes (or goes from past to future) does not involve it unless it goes into thought (iow not merely watching thought but getting involved/identified with thought via thought).
Old 12-02-2017, 09:32 PM
Experiencer
No, I get overwhelmed with joy and love.
Old 13-02-2017, 06:11 AM
Knower
Just to clear things up, I am aware of the true self being pure awareness, beyond thought or the body, and that the soul progresses through stages of development before merging back into the oneness. But this fear still does freighten me at night and maybe it's because the mind/ego is incapable of understanding, or perhaps because my spirituality is more intellectual than experience.

Old 13-02-2017, 09:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Just to clear things up, I am aware of the true self being pure awareness, beyond thought or the body, and that the soul progresses through stages of development before merging back into the oneness. But this fear still does freighten me at night and maybe it's because the mind/ego is incapable of understanding, or perhaps because my spirituality is more intellectual than experience.

Fear is frightening when your afraid of what you fear.
Facing fears means you become the experience of yourself out of you head and into feeling space.

It doesn't matter what you know, the direct experience is where you actually walk through it to know how the whole self relates in the experience of that.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 13-02-2017, 11:27 AM
Experiencer
Quote:

Yep, try not to think if you can, let go and just accept it, relax and enjoy. It's the most beautiful feeling and state of mind. Fear isn't even real. I love going to sleep at night just to surrender to it.