Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 02-03-2024, 09:05 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
Interesting choice of words.
As in the sense that thought issues forth because of the vasanas. I get your point though, it's not the best word I could have chosen. ;)
Old 02-03-2024, 11:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagner
As in the sense that thought issues forth because of the vasanas. I get your point though, it's not the best word I could have chosen. ;)
Oh I don't know, seems pretty accurate to me.
Old 03-03-2024, 03:02 AM
Master
@ Wagner post 19 ~
Old 03-03-2024, 05:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
How may this silence be deepened without any doing, since the doer has disappeared and so doing has ceased? Who or what remains, navigating the void?

That thought, "How may this silence be deepened" can also be ignored. I don't think the "doer" is the true self. The true self is aware of the doing. Anything you can be aware of is not you, as you are the awareness that sees it.

"The void" is also an idea or thought.

Great topic!
Old 03-03-2024, 05:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Yes. It is the gradual falling away of the seeker who seeks that reveals what already was and is. Identity requires thought.

Nice posts. I think those in love with their identities may have a harder time being interested in such things.
Old 05-03-2024, 09:54 AM
Knower

Enjoyed reading all the interesting posts in this thread.

The overall impression is that many seem to not like being a human and being in this world.

Many religions and spiritual systems teach their followers how to escape from this chaotic dualistic 3d/4d part of reality and go to paradise, Heaven, or return to what we truly are when not in the human form as if being a human is a curse.

If we have sincere joy and happiness in heart and mind, and have deep gratitude to be alive here as humans doing human things, then do we still need to meditate to have a temporary escape from this world?

We are not here randomly or by accident. We are here with divine purpose.

Free will is a very rare gift. Why are we here in the human form given free will to freely choose, left alone with minimal divine intervention for fair free will, and purposely start off “disconnected” from what some call God aka Creative Source, Prime Creator, Spirit, and many other names?

Could it be that what we do here living life as humans, making free will choices, and going through many human lifetimes of evolving reflective of our choices is all part of a much bigger and grander divine plan impacting God’s new creations to come.

We are been observed with immense interest from across this universe and beyond for what we will choose and how we will behave as humans.

And the big question is, could we as humans work our way to return to being in alliance, in unity, and in Oneness with God, and gradually transform this spiritually young world in which chaos and evil will naturally be prevalent to become a paradise. Metaphorically to bring Heaven to Earth.

We all have work to do here as humans. Working to lose our identity, melding into the void, and becoming thoughtless is not conducive to our purpose for being here as humans.

What an amazing but extremely challenging and very long term human adventure we bravely and passionately “jumped in line” for when in our true home on the other side of the self imposed Veil of Forgetfulness.

Celebrate being a human and be immensely appreciative of all the efforts and coordinations needed for us to be here as humans.
Old 05-03-2024, 02:02 PM
Master
@ OldChap ~ it is not about escapism but rather about becoming conscious, becoming aware of the true nature of our being. Or, as Ramana asked ‘Who am I?’ Knowing the answer by seeing, not conceptualising.

Quick response to other observations:

I hold the view that we don’t have free will. Why? Because we are unconscious. However the limited choices we have are restricted to choice of responses offered to life events. Each choice has a consequence as far as our soul journey is concerned. Free will exists at soul level, not human level, hence soul agreements.

Resting in thought rested silence increases awareness, it does not diminish it although many cannot visualise this, being caught up in incessant thought chatter. What is meditation but resting in silence, poised attentively yet effortlessly?

About losing identity, yes, we are not the ego, this body, we merely ensoul it for a temporary experience of duality.

I quite agree about gratitude, celebrating life and as human become humane. That’s being spiritual, isn’t it?
Old 06-03-2024, 08:50 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldChap
The overall impression is that many seem to not like being a human and being in this world.

I gave that a thumbs up because I feel that way but I think you were saying it as a wrong way to look at it lol. But then every sentence can be interpreted in a lot of different ways.

I think the universe puts us where we belong. So I want to change who and what I am so this is not where I belong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldChap
work to do here as humans... Working to lose our identity, melding into the void, and becoming thoughtless is not conducive to our purpose for being here as humans.

Quick thoughts: I think losing our identity finds our "true" identity. I think I am more myself without an identity. And more like everybody else which is a good thing to me. I think we don't have to believe we have to be on some path leading somewhere instead I believe we are already where we need to be and if it's bad it is either our karma or ourselves causing such things. In this life or the past we probably messed up. So we reap what we sow. Starting now, be good to everybody including ourselves. Don't think or say anything negative about anybody else. Everyone is doing the best they can with what they got...which sure can be very little in some seems to me. Whoops that may have been saying a bad thing about others. I will pay for that in this life or the next!

Melding into the void, I myself have no interest in a void whatever that is imagined to be. Sounds bad to me though. A void does not sound like a happy place full of happy souls dancing, singing, laughing with a bunch of happy puppies and kittens in our laps.

I see becoming thoughtless as a good thing, not in i'm a zombie type of way, more like I'm in that room with all of the dancing, singing, laughing people with all those puppies and kittens. We are not thinking there.... we are too busy dancing, singing, and laughing! The purpose. To wake up maybe. Get out of our heads. Sit down and eat a sleeve or Oreos while watching The Last Kingdom for the 4th time! Life is short. Enjoy the now. Love as much as possible so then you belong in a loving place, not this earth place. I mean there are pockets of love here and there, but yea not on the news.

Last edited by Maisy : 06-03-2024 at 09:01 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-03-2024, 12:54 PM
Master
Celebrate being, yes, but any being which we have here or beyond, is temporary. So in my opinion it is not a matter of escapism, rather it is a matter of moving, consciously or unconsciously, through temporal existence.

Impermanence awaking to a more permanent, extremely intimate, and indefinable state. There is an undeniable attraction for those who begin the conscious journey. The depths of silence is always with us; we do not deepen silence rather we let go to its depths.

All the power that ever was or will be is here now in this eternal moment. We access the moment in quiet meditation. In my experience the more I go there the deeper the depths become. There is no bottom, sides, or top, in silence.

Silence is always with us, it is in the backdrop of noise, remove the noise and silence is there. Silence is omnipresent even when there is a lot of noise. The depths of silence are rich and thick with clarity. Its depths cannot be measured.

Silence has an incredible presence, a presence in which we all live within and have our being. There is no place where silence is not; its depth, height and width, are unfathomable. I am not the doer, silence deepens when I let go of myself; when I is no more.

I am a representation of perception, a center of expression for the primal substance of being. In sound there are many definitions, in silence there is but an indefinable oneness. Another word for silence is “peace.” In my opinion, silence, peace, God, is always with us.
Old 08-03-2024, 01:13 PM
Master
P.S. Some tips:

Meditate in the same spot in your home regularly and the energy from your meditation will build in that spot, which will deepen your meditation. Its like going into a church, synagogue, or temple, and feeling the serene energy that has built up there from people regularly praying and worshipping in those places.

I do quiet meditation as soon as I get out of bed in the morning, or after taking a nap, before the hamster wheel in my head starts spinning out thoughts. Quiet my mind early as soon as I awaken to this world. Which for me is a great way to start the day.

If you work and have a lunch break, find a place to meditate on your lunch break. I used to go to a park, or into the bathroom at work, sit in a stall and do five or ten minutes of meditation.

Look at life’s challenges as training to stay centered and quiet inside; we can deal with the chaos better if we are calm inside. I meditate at least twice a day for 15 to 20 minutes each time. But it is not how long we meditate because the experience is timeless.