Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 06-07-2023, 03:51 PM
Newbie ;)

differentiating mental illness from psychic ability

So I'm at a loss in trying to figure this out.

To start off, Yes I have mental illness.

I have schizoaffective bipolar type, But I also have strange occurrences happen to me that I feel are not because of my symptoms, they are too real, and I am on a good med combination.

To start out I have had several times where someone has responded to me with words, their lips moving etc to my thoughts.

I had one time I was at church, I had a song in my head, and a man walks up to me and says to me, you have a song stuck in your head?

another time I was In a convenience store and there was an attractive lady working the counter, I thought in my head I would love to go out with her, and while i was looking straight at her, with her lips moving said "no thank you" i thought in my head "really?" and again with her lips moving she said "no thank you"

I also had another experience recently where i was at a deli getting food, i thought to myself yum that bbq chicken is fresh, and immediately the girl putting the bbq chicken in my food container said in a confused voice "fresh?"

I am wondering if these occurrences are my symptoms, or really some psychic phenomena.

and like i said, I am on meds, and other people have witnessed the other person talking to me.
Old 06-07-2023, 04:30 PM
Master
Just keep watching and observing. If the conversations are positive and helpful, they just might be 'real'.

I get those conversations all the time. Psychologists/psychiatrists tell me there is nothing wrong with me.

As for conversations: some of them are like talking to another person and then some of the conversations are one word 'sentences'.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 06-07-2023, 07:17 PM
Administrator
Everybody is psychic but not all are mediums.
people with mental illness are included in that.
What you say you hear get yourself a journal and write down look back on it in a few weeks, and see if it makes any sense to you.

Namaste
Old 09-07-2023, 11:34 AM
Experiencer

Mental difficulties can lead to situations superficially similar to those reported as psychic or spiritual. Try to avoid the temptation of thinking that some, most or all unexplained events are necessarily psychic ones. They may be but equally they may be happening as a consequence of your mental issues.
Old 09-07-2023, 08:51 PM
Administrator
Yes I wholeheartedly agree with Boyce

Namaste
Old 10-07-2023, 11:27 AM
Master

Totally agree with Boyce!
Old 24-07-2023, 02:30 PM
Master

All the situations you mentioned can be explained by the other people just having normal social skills and average emotional intelligence. There is literally nothing weird about it. Not psychic nor hallucinatioms as it seems. People can read other people, its normal.

Ur overthinkig it IMO.

Kind regards,

CW
Old 05-08-2023, 02:33 PM
Knower

There was a study on this, I read the report some time ago, the difference between people with schizophrenia and Psychics is that psychics are much more likely to perceive the voices as positive or helpful and as experiences that can be controlled, patients with schizophrenia were much more likely to report negative experiences when hearing voices or discussing the voices with other people.

Psychics have a much higher degree of control over the voices. They also have a greater willingness to engage with and view the voices as positive or neutral to their lives.
Old 08-08-2023, 08:25 PM
Administrator
Hello

Life is a fine line I have the saying "I am one foot in the rubber room and the other is there to enter". It is how I came to cope with being me, to try and understand the worlds I walk in. A way to cope and understand how the metaphysical and paranormal worlds work with the physical world of reality we are so driven to work within.

I was 6 when I have my first recall of being a "Medium" and as I am 60 years of age the times were not open to talk about it. So I hid it all within and struggled. I too could always read people like an open book, again I had to hide this. I tried to take my life at 16 over it all but I had intervention from a teacher in school, that showed me a book about what and whom I was. From there it was a slow opening process. Still very much hiding whom I was from the world.

I went for diagnosis at 18 as I honestly thought I was a lost cause, the voices the sights and sounds, visions were all so much to take on. What I know is that we are all psychic and that we are all a medium on some level of our being but we do not all open those doors. Mental illness is a real thing, and that ads to all the confusion at times on what path we are to go on.

I found keeping journals the best of the best course over the years. I have seen patterns over the years in things unfolding. No what is real and what is not is always a fine line, even for me, and I have learned to go with the flow of it all.

Grounding is key! Knowing that we all have our path in life, our struggles and our challenges. We too need to trust in ourself !

I respect mental illness as a struggle too I know that life as me is a struggle, and in all the live performances I have done never has a member of an audience in the end wanted to be "me" after I unfold the day in the life of me. So I get too what it would be like to be mentally ill and struggle there. Its such a fine line we are as humans. So challenged at times it seems to even exist. Yet exist we do and grow we do.

I found SF in 2007 and its been the best place for understanding out there. We are so not as alone as we feel at times.

Lynn
Old 08-08-2023, 10:54 PM
Ascender
I don't know why anyone would call anyone else names or say that they have a mental illness

I happen to be highly psychic

the VA hospital calls me a schizophrenic and gives me a big check