Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 18-04-2014, 06:18 PM
Phantasmic Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Then again, we are left to explain, if it were the case, how those back then would be able to get an overdose of Iodine into their systems. I get the idea it was something else, perhaps a combination of things involving diet. More like a lack of something involving nutrients.
I don't believe the sleep paralysis in Victorian America was due to overdose of iodine in the diet, in fact it's highly doubtful. Most people presently have inadequate intakes of iodine so why would they be getting too much in the past. Does not make any sense. People also did not know the extent of iodine's benefits in those days. It's not something you find common in food, by any means. Accidental overdose in a regular diet is seemingly impossible. That's why most people get there iodine via supplementation, unless you're a fan of seaweed. You can buy organic seaweed to use in salads, or whatever.

The Victorians did however have high calorie diets to suite their heavy labour lifestyles. Men would consume up to 5000 kcal daily, more than twice the recommended standard of approx 2200 kcal a day. High energy intake and high energy output on a regular basis is more likely to be related to a rise in sleep paralysis - overworking the body.
Old 18-04-2014, 06:34 PM
mb6954

Some very interesting information on this thread. I've never taken supplements or medication to help the lucid dream/astral projection along actually I stopped taking medication I had been on as I didn't want anything influencing what I experienced.

However Iodine just seem's to be increasing my chances of having an experience. I'm really hoping this side affect doesn't go away. I need to do allot more work to naturally achieve the correct state of mind.
Old 19-04-2014, 07:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasmic Fox
I don't believe the sleep paralysis in Victorian America was due to overdose of iodine in the diet, in fact it's highly doubtful. Most people presently have inadequate intakes of iodine so why would they be getting too much in the past. Does not make any sense. People also did not know the extent of iodine's benefits in those days. It's not something you find common in food, by any means. Accidental overdose in a regular diet is seemingly impossible. That's why most people get there iodine via supplementation, unless you're a fan of seaweed. You can buy organic seaweed to use in salads, or whatever.

The Victorians did however have high calorie diets to suite their heavy labour lifestyles. Men would consume up to 5000 kcal daily, more than twice the recommended standard of approx 2200 kcal a day. High energy intake and high energy output on a regular basis is more likely to be related to a rise in sleep paralysis - overworking the body.

Actually, Edgar Allen Poe, who's career was spurred on by his sleep paralysis was a slight man, and as a writer, certainly didn't look like he consumed alot of calories.
What I'm thinking now, since Iodine is used for decalcification, is that it very well may have had to do with Calcium deficiency in certain people, for some reason.

And mb? You should probably increase your consumption of plant based calcium sources, for safety, such as Spinach and other. What do you think?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 20-04-2014, 04:04 PM
mb6954

Quote:
Actually, Edgar Allen Poe, who's career was spurred on by his sleep paralysis was a slight man, and as a writer, certainly didn't look like he consumed alot of calories.
What I'm thinking now, since Iodine is used for decalcification, is that it very well may have had to do with Calcium deficiency in certain people, for some reason.

And mb? You should probably increase your consumption of plant based calcium sources, for safety, such as Spinach and other. What do you think?

That's not bad idea. I do take a calcium supplement. I'm also looking into Spirulina. Interesting thing happened to me last night...

I was laying down as I was going to sleep when all of a sudden it was like someone had flicked on a light switch, I saw a yellowish orangey color from behind my eyelids but I think it was my third eye. Just out of no where almost like when your looking towards the sun with your eyes closed. This happened as I was drifting off to sleep and was strong enough to completely startle me.

I've noticed that recently when I'm in bed and I've got my eyes closed that it's feeling almost like I haven't got my eyes completely closed because through my eyelids I can see the outline of stuff in my bedroom. Sometimes I actually think that I might have opened my eyes are definitely closed.

Really bizarre.
Old 20-04-2014, 06:16 PM
Phantasmic Fox

Quote:

What... Edgar Allan Poe? Don't be ridiculous. When I said Victorians ate lots of calories I was speaking on average not every single person who lived back then and I certainly was not thinking about Edgar Allan Poe. He was one man, hardly a fraction of the population! Not every man was a labourer, and just because Poe's sleep paralysis spurred his career has nothing to do with this. I'm not an idiot and I know who Edgar Allan Poe is.you entirely missed what I was trying to explain, and why? Because a statistic I came across says that there was a high calorie consumption back in the day, and I considered there to be a connection?
Old 20-04-2014, 07:46 PM
Master
? Don't think you're an idiot Fox. Just disagreeing.
But, if that were the case, why aren't we hearing more of the situation today, since, in developed countries, high caloric intake is pretty much a norm.

What of Bodybuilders, for example? - Weightlifters? - Sumo Wrestlers?

Also, regarding Calcium deficiency, mb, I have heard that it can affect heart health.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 24-04-2014, 07:01 PM
Master
Search find:
On a Government web site, Insufficient Calcium levels and heart arythmia.

http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Calcium-QuickFacts/