Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 14-04-2014, 05:12 PM
Deactivated Account

Some questions about AP

I've been thinking about trying astral projection again lately and I have some questions about it that I'd be grateful for if anyone could answer.

1) Do blockages in the chakra system prevent exit?
I ask this because when I tried meditation and AP back when I had a lot of blockages, nothing happened. Now however I experience weird things if I meditate for longer than 15 minutes. I have had an experience during meditation which I think relates to AP which I will ask in my next question:

2) I once had an experience during meditating (before I learned how to ground), where I felt like I was floating and where I felt like 'me', all of me, my consciousness, was inside my head. I have recently read that one can exit via the crown chakra. Was I close to APing that time without realizing?

3) Does the way you perceive yourself change when you are outside your body? I ask this because when one projects they are projecting as their entire Self, and not just their ego consciousness. Is a strong sense of 'Self' a large asset when learning to project? Do you feel your entire Self as being when you are outside, or do you still perceive yourself as ego consciousness?

4) I've heard it's best to try in the morning rather than in the night, however my best meditation sessions are always in the night. Do you think trying in the night will be a problem? I can't seem to get anywhere in the morning, no matter what I'm trying to accomplish with meditation (maybe because I wake up and go to sleep late).

5) Best position to try APing in? When I had that experience where I felt like I was inside my head, I was sitting in the lotus position. Which is the best position for both exiting and being able to stay awake?

6) Do you remember everything once you return to your body? Can the ego consciousness contain that amount of pure data?
Old 14-04-2014, 06:45 PM
Master
1. No they do not because there is not any real "exit" that occurs through astral projection. Our physical and astral body exist in completely different dimensions so they are never inside/outside of each other to begin with. The only thing that leaves our physical body through dreaming and astral projection is our consciousness, nothing more. You might experience some things in a lucid dream or projection regarding the blockages but they will not prevent you from doing either.

2. It's hard to say if you were close or not because being close to a projection is rarely the same. Sometimes you will experience symptoms when you're close, sometimes you will experience them once a projection has already began, sometimes you will experience the same symptoms and never actually project that time, and sometimes you will not experience any symptoms. The only thing that is necessary for astral projection is our consciousness must shift from our physical body into our astral body, nothing more. For most people that is going to happen during a brief moment of unconsciousness and no space-time awareness, then suddenly they will be zapped back into consciousness and things will appear and feel different because they are in their astral body and another dimension.

3. The thing is our astral body is not some lifeless body that only comes to life when we dream and project. Instead it is a living body very similar to a physical body and while we're awake another extension of our consciousness likely from a previous life is living in our astral body in another dimension. We have more than one extension of consciousness living in a parallel/alternate dimension and world all simultaneously. Through astral projection and lucid dreaming we are able to experience the lives of these other extensions of consciousness. While we're in a dream and projection we take over the bodies of these other extensions and when the dream or projection ends they go back to being in control. So with that said your appearance is not as simple as your current Human appearance. I used to believe I would look like my current Human life does but now that I have discovered that we have more than one of "us" living at the same time I typically look like the other extension of consciousness that I'm experiencing look. If you were unable to accept that or even understand it and looked in a mirror during a projection or lucid dream you will either see nothing, or see an illusion of the current way you look in your Human body.

4. When it comes to astral projection everyone is different and the process which works best for each individual is going to vary from person to person. Some people will project best in the morning, some in the day, some in the night. And that is just one factor that will vary from person to person. Personally I project through my natural sleeping pattern and it produces several projections and lucid dreams a night, dozens a week, hundreds a month, thousands a year. If the combination of location, time, technique, and method are not producing positive results after a period of time then it is wise to try under different circumstances such as location, time, technique, method, etc.

5. Once again this is going to vary from person to person. I always project laying down and my best projections are produced when I am laying on my back. If I am laying on my side and my legs are together a lot of times I will be paralyzed in the lucid dream and projection for some reason. I have worked out ways to defeat the paralysis but projections and lucid dreams on my back always seem to go smoother and last a lot longer.

6. That is purely decided on your level of dream/projection recall. I have very strong recall so I usually remember most of my projections and lucid dreams but sometimes some of the fine details will be a bit blurry. Typically I remember a lot more than I do not remember though. In the beginning it is best to write down your dreams and projections as it will help strengthen your recall. For dreams keep a pen and journal by your bed and when you wake up from a dream write down a few quick notes that will trigger the memory of the dream and then when you wake up you can write down the entire experience. Writing down your projections will also help.