Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 17-10-2022, 11:02 AM
Seeker

Red face ADHD and Diabetes help

So I'm in a bit of a pickle.

I was doing good in August with eating healthy... I was hungry all the time though even with eating like every 2 hours.

My problem now is I have a labourous muggle job and my energy and dopamine levels get low faster and harder so I need energy and feel goods faster too.. so my body and mind crave all the junk..

I am not great at meal planning or prepping... and executive functioning is non existent.

I need quick and easy healthier meals that also give lots of energy and something to raise dopamine levels so I stop reaching for heavy carbs and chocolate all the time (literally every day).

If you have experience with inattentive ADHD in women and diabetes, and you have some awesome and helpful easy healthy food ideas, I'd love to hear... because with the ADHD, I can't remember much.. like what exactly I ate in August.. I just know I was healthier (no breads, no bananas, no pasta no white rice, no potatoes... yet I'm not sure what it was I did actually eat.. all the things i like, its bad for my bloodsugar levels)

Thank you for taking time to read and respond.

Sending you do much love, light, peace and blissful blessings always.

Miranda xx
Old 17-10-2022, 11:21 AM
I hope someone knows an answer I would be interested.
And Welcome here

Atkins has some great candy bars and chocolate drinks! Not cheap!
Hope this helps I googled "diabetic chocolate desserts youtube recipes'', there were too many to link!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-10-2022, 11:56 PM
Ascender

Boil a whole carton of eggs at a time. Two hard boiled eggs plus a slice of whole wheat toast with melted cheese would be a filling meal. If you like nuts, buy bags of the nuts you like and keep them in a jar on your desk at work and home for snacking. Prepackaged salads at the grocery store can help you have a healthy meal without prep. for work or home. Frozen dinners too can help fill the void. If you get home and make dinner, double it so you'll have leftovers for lunch the next day. If you're shopping for dinner, buy a package of chicken tenders or a couple of chicken breasts and cook them at the same time. Now you have chicken for chicken salad sandwich for the next day or to put in a salad. I'm a fan of keeping pre-packaged spring mix in the fridge throw in a chopped apple ( I like them in my salad), a chopped hard boiled egg, some cooked chicken tenders and a handful of nuts and you've got a meal.

On the weekend, buy some chicken breasts and cook them in the oven on a sheet pan and then when they cool, cut them up and put them in freezer qt zip bags and toss in the freezer (write the date on them). Now if you want to make a salad for dinner or for lunch at work, the chicken is already done for you. You just have to put together your salad. Put the chicken in your salad bowl (still in the baggie) and it will help keep your salad chilled until lunchtime.

Last edited by Traveler : 18-10-2022 at 03:20 AM.
Old 18-10-2022, 12:40 AM
OMG....this is so perfect!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-10-2022, 12:41 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler
Boil a whole carton of eggs at a time. Two hard boiled eggs plus a slice of whole wheat toast with melted cheese would be a filling meal. If you like nuts, buy bags of the nuts you like and keep them in a jar on your desk at work and home for snacking.
Oh wow this is great! Thank you so much. I'm more of an occasional scrambled egg person, but love nuts and seeds. I do have prepackaged salads, never thought to add to them, so this is very helpful. Thank you very much ♡♡

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 18-10-2022 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 19-10-2022, 02:42 AM
Master
Quote:
eggs melted cheese nuts in a jar on your desk at work snacking.
I'd beg to differ because these are high fat, high calorie foods, and given diabetics are generally overweight, high calorie snacks are generally not a great idea. Nuts sitting on the desk is bound to become a calorie overload.
Quote:
Prepackaged salads at the grocery store can help you have a healthy meal without prep. Frozen dinners
These are good ideas, though salads can be deceptive depending on the kind of dressing. For example, a heavy oil based dressing and mayonaise are calorie dense whereas a light vinegarette dressing is a low calorie option. Pre made frozen health meals can be a good idea, but some are better than others. The chicken salad ideas are fantastic.
Old 19-10-2022, 04:33 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I'd beg to differ because these are high fat, high calorie foods, and given diabetics are generally overweight, high calorie snacks are generally not a great idea. Nuts sitting on the desk is bound to become a calorie overload. These are good ideas, though salads can be deceptive depending on the kind of dressing. For example, a heavy oil based dressing and mayonaise are calorie dense whereas a light vinegarette dressing is a low calorie option. Pre made frozen health meals can be a good idea, but some are better than others. The chicken salad ideas are fantastic.

Nuts are a fine snack. They are full of the healthy fat our bodies need as well as being full of minerals we often don't get enough of. And nuts can help with a ketogenic diet which can help with glucose control and weight loss.
Old 19-10-2022, 05:20 AM
Seeker

As far as I know, I'm supposed to be mindful of my sodium intake and sugar intake. Starches and processed food are things I should stay away from or have it once in a blue moon, a small amount (bananas, potatoes, white rice, pasta, breads/grains are things I typically stay away from unless it's once in a blue moon)

I am indeed overweight, but that's been going down, even with the junk I eat that's quick and dopamine fulfilling. Diabetes came from my gestational diabetes when I was pregnant with my son, my second born(and I was losing lots of weight when pregnant.. I didn't gain anything then, also had gestational diabetes with my daughter, first born(again lost weight, didn't gain) but didn't get the diabetes with her after she was born)

Anyway, I just would have nuts and seeds to snack on here and there, they aren't a whole meal in themselves, I was also told they are part of the protein family as well and protein is something that is good for adhd people as well I was told today.
Old 19-10-2022, 08:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Nuts are a fine snack. healthy fat. ketogenic diet. glucose control and weight loss.
Changes in body weight are dependent on calorie balance, which means, a keto diet can be an effective weight loss strategy if 'calories out' exceed 'calories in'. The only major issue with keto is it is not easily sustained over the long term. It almost always fails for life-long nutrition. Of course nuts are advisable as part of a balanced healthy diet, but they have a high calorie density. My assumption is the OP has a higher than optimal body fat percentage, because that's generally true of diabetics in the statistical sense. If the assumption is correct, fat-loss aka lowering calorie intake is the primary consideration in both reduction of symptoms and overall long term health. Eating every two hours is probably not going to work in that regard, and a handful of nuts at about 170 calories (and to be realistic people usually double and triple dip) is not advisable as an 'always ready' snack. It's a great occasional snack, and a nice garnish, but probably not very satiating per number of calories. For those reasons I beg to differ and would not recommend keeping nuts in always-ready easy-reach.
Old 19-10-2022, 08:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MirandaMakerland
Starches and processed food are things I should stay away from. gestational diabetes. nuts and seeds to snack on . protein family. protein is something that is good for adhd people as well I was told today.
Ok. Thanks for disclosing more about yourself. I agree that keeping processed food and refined starches to a minimum is a great idea. I also think getting a lot of protein is great. High protein with fresh veges can't go wrong, and it's actually good to feel a little bit hungry. Usually while losing body-fat we will feel hungry much of the time.

The nuts and seeds are fine and they are good and healthy, but they are high in calories so moderation is key.
Cut processed/refined food - replace with high protein and fresh veges