Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 17-02-2024, 05:21 PM
Pathfinder

Is anyone ever really completely "grown up."

Hi everyone. In my opinion adulthood is one of those things you spend your childhood wanting. When you actually become an adulthood and learn the ways of the world you see that it's not that great.
I think this is the reason adults sometimes act like children too. You could physically be grown up but there's still that inner child aspect.
For me childhood was the carefree part of my life. Adulthood is the part where I care in stressful amounts and think that childhood was an easier time.
So do you think anyone is ever really completely grown up?
Old 17-02-2024, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningMoon
So do you think anyone is ever really completely grown up?
Yes, because a grown-up also has an innocent carefree child or aspect within him or her.
Being an Adult does not mean being stiff, serious, always dealing with problems, right?
An Adult has a playful side along with being able to take care of business properly, imo.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-02-2024, 06:25 PM
Master
I feel the whole issue of adulthood is based on the culture which you live in. Most cultures base adulthood on a person’s age; anyone over eight-teen may be considered an adult, or in some places its’ anyone over twenty-one. In Judaism a boy becomes a man at age-13.

But the other standard is emotional maturity; adults are held responsible for their actions while young children are generally not held responsible by society. Nonetheless, what needs to be understood is that some people who have an adult physical body and are over age-21 may be under-developed emotionally.

A person may be at the doctorate level mentality but at the pre-school or kindergarten level emotionally. Society may say these people are emotionally immature, but as you have stated, and in my opinion, the inner child stays with us regardless of the age of our physical body.

Spiritually, God sees all of us as children regardless of our age. It is my experience that the innocence and joy of a newborn baby is still within us regardless of our physical age. When we are playful our heart opens but with too much seriousness our heart can close down.

For many adulthood means living a very serious and complex life, while childhood is playful and simple for most children. The terms “childhood and adulthood,” were created by man. In the 1920’s the term “teenager” was created as a buffer between childhood and adulthood, a sort of transition period. Human development is a fascinating topic for me.
Old 17-02-2024, 07:07 PM
Molearner

Adulthood has its stages…..I became adult when my first child was born…..I became ‘more’ adult with the passings of each of my parents……
Old 17-02-2024, 07:28 PM
Master
Is anyone ever really completely "grown up."

I speak for myself "I am not grown up and probably never will be"!

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 17-02-2024, 07:35 PM
Master

I think we are just our soul and who knows how old or age it is. But then we identify with this human body so tend to think of ourselves as it. I don't think souls age much in a human body relatively speaking. I figure souls on earth are probably an average age of around 5000 years old as it usually takes that long to evolve enough to graduate and never need an earthly incarnation anymore.

The human brain and body and stuff takes a awhile to "mature" or become adult, to reach certain brain and psyche development places. I think the body is "adult" younger than the brain is "adult" I think. Scientists say our brains actually continue to change and develop our whole lives.

But I think the actual "me" or soul, consciousness, that we tend to visualize as behind the eyes somewhere is always the same. Whether the body is 5 years old or 105. I think souls are "aging" but it is at such a huge scale in comparison to one human lifespan.
Old 17-02-2024, 08:04 PM
Experiencer
i don't see it as "grown up."
i am getting older that affects my body but grown up is a judgment or label and depends on what they believe or make it mean

at time ill play like a child other times ill act my age but that's me
Old 17-02-2024, 09:58 PM
Administrator
Everyone has an Inner child that likes to come out sometimes.
I was born seeing and Hearing spirit so I was always more grown up than my siblings,
Because I was aware that what I said to people could have a big impact on them,

There was an instance when I was growing up I decided to go to my friends house . As i was walking there a Woman was walking towards me I knew straight away she was a spirit she was wearing a hooded cloak.
She stopped to speak to me, she was telling me that she had to get on to make her husbands tea.

She said I have just come from the park I was on the rope swing with the children so even though she had passed she still enjoyed going on the rope swing.

Namaste
Old 18-02-2024, 05:17 AM
Master

Lovely story Native!
Old 18-02-2024, 06:25 AM
Master

Yes lovely story Native and I personally don't believe we ever grow up, not completely , and would we really want to ?
As Native said, we all have an inner child that also needs nurturing and has to be allowed out to play sometimes despite the trials of life of being a grown up.

A friend mentioned this to me earlier and it's something I've always told people too.
As we grow up we lose that sense of "wonderment " of being a child .
If we can retain a little of that ( the more the better) on our journey through life then it will enhance our daily lives.
See everything through the eyes of child. Embrace the innocence and the beautiful way in which they only see the good and the fun in everything.

Sorry, I'm waffling again but I know what I mean !!