Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 03-08-2011, 09:21 PM
Master
Why do so many people just exist

If we have guides and/or angels around us, why do so many people merely exist. Get up, go to work (or not), come home, sit around, do nothing. And then there are others who have lives, go and do things, but it's more self-serving. Why do so many not hear or feel the need to grow more spiritually, or help others, and love others.

I think about this often. I also wonder why I think as I do, believe as I do, why I'm different, and yet so many others all seem the same. I am so happy when I meet someone who thinks outside of the box. I know we are all individuals, but yet so many have the same mentality all about them, and what's in it for them, and the rest of the world doesn't exist in their little worlds.

Why so blind and deaf?
Old 03-08-2011, 09:31 PM
mattie

Same Journey

Others who one thinks may be just merely existing may be more involved in their journey that one may think. Some who we may see as completely unaware will make real progress when it is there time to awaken.

Awakening is a progressive process for many reasons. We are all on the same journey a precious few steps apart.

Newbie→Lightworker→Wayshower- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...153#post150153
Old 03-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Time

I just made a thread that kind of pertains to this, let me know if u want the link.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:20 PM
Experiencer
Hi Sarian,

I understand where you are come from and have wondered the same thing myself. But I would say that we are all at a different point on our spiritual journey. Some, like you, might be at the point where they are beginning to awaken to things beyond the physical. Some are in a different place entirely, which may be one of still forming an identity for themselves and a exploring their relationship with the physical world. Neither is any better than the other any more than a twenty-year-old is better than a fifteen-year old. They are just at different points on their life paths.

People with ordinary, uninteresting lives who never explore broader perspectives still have an important role to play in the lives of their family members, still have lessons to learn from their challenges, and still have many experiences to process. And as Mattie said, some people who appear to have a very uninteresting life on the outside might be having a very profound inner journey (I could be described as one of those people myself!). Vice versa is also true - people doing very spectacular things or making great discoveries may not be remotely spiritual.

The way I look at it, everyone deserves support no matter how big or small their goals might seem, or how connected they might be to the spiritual.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:17 AM
Master
Some people are already involved in the spiritual awakening of our time, and others... not yet. It helps to get a long-range view.

Xan

Old 04-08-2011, 12:25 AM
Master
Technology I feel and the need to earn money to live is what makes people just exist
Old 04-08-2011, 12:32 PM
Chalk1990

I believe some people who are not spiritually driven at this time are here to learn lessons in which they will become more open minded toward spirituality, therefore giving them the ability to become just like any of us awakened ones.

I also believe that certain people are on this planet for us to interact with solely so that we can become greater individuals. For example, a person who you work with is negative, and talks down on you, quite possibly God put you in this situation so that you may become stronger, and more resilient to negativity, although free will can still deter this situation, and make it so that you do not learn the lesson, and it shall repeat till you do.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
If we have guides and/or angels around us, why do so many people merely exist. Get up, go to work (or not), come home, sit around, do nothing. And then there are others who have lives, go and do things, but it's more self-serving. Why do so many not hear or feel the need to grow more spiritually, or help others, and love others.

I think about this often. I also wonder why I think as I do, believe as I do, why I'm different, and yet so many others all seem the same. I am so happy when I meet someone who thinks outside of the box. I know we are all individuals, but yet so many have the same mentality all about them, and what's in it for them, and the rest of the world doesn't exist in their little worlds.

Why so blind and deaf?

Could it be that yes some are blind and deaf but the lack of the need to grow more spiritually doesn't necessarily depict that?
Could it be that the need to grow more spiritually is more representative of a problem then it is of a gift.
I've asked myself the same questions at times and what I see is the need I had is not the need others should have.
I also see that the others are perfect just the way they are.
James
Old 04-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Master
Thank you all for your responses. I have a friend who brings up these questions to me from time to time and sometimes I just don't have an answer for them. I think about the soon to be ex...and he is so miserable and hateful and to what purpose does that have? I realize that some who seem to only exist may have a role to their own little circle of friends and family, but I'm not really talking about those, because I know we all can have an impact on someone ,in some form or another, but there are people who just live for themselves or never want to venture outside their front door. I can understand some with phobias and illnesses that don't want to out of fear. And as far as people who become busy with existing to survive, by working and paying bills, but even so, I remember in my 20s, starting a new life, and then my husband was consumed with those things and took no time for us...he was caught up in all that and himself, and yet I was still searching and longing for something more. He'd always say "Not now", and I kept thinking there's no better time than now...I'm talking about living, about searching out and exploring spirituality more.

Chalk, I wonder about that too, the negative people put in our paths. I have become stronger and more so than before I even met him as I was timid, unless I was pushed to my limits and then that hidden strength I had emerged in a defiant sort of way. I guess I also wonder, what was I like in another life? I feel as though I must have realized the spiritual side of life and this universe... I wonder when it occurs with others, what makes it occur.

And since I put this on the guides and angels forum, if they exist, why aren't more people aware of them? Why aren't guides/angels impressing upon those they are here to help, to wake up?

sure Time, you can share the link with me.

Thanks, Mattie for the link.

Xan, why can a person be so oblivious and/or just not care, and spend their entire life that way? What is the purpose, what do you get out of that? Living for yourself. I guess that's okay, but then what is the purpose of life, that age old question. Honestly, for me, if this was all there was, and there isn't any more to life, we just simply die... I would have cut this life short a long time ago.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Master
Double post but while I was typing, I see that you responded, James, thank you. I don't think I"m fully awake yet, (she says as she chugs down more coffee...) I'm trying to grasp what you are saying in your first sentence. Maybe break that down for me as I can be dense at times.
Your second statement set me back a bit. I have to chew on that some more. As I'm thinking on that one, reminds me of someone ...a dear friend who got his life-long belief in christianity shattered, yet keeps trying to fit back in like getting back into his mother's womb, but finds he can't...and the more he desires to 'find' truth, the more upset and bewildered he is getting...and he keeps saying he wants what I have. I am just as messed up as the next, but what I have that he doesn't, is that I don't need or want religion. I was able to free myself of that.

Anyway, thank you for what you wrote. the last statements were eye openers...I guess now I come back to my original...then why do we have guides and angels.