Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 03:21 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsmart
I wanna know if any of you has read the zohar.

Yes Heartsmart, i have a copy of and Study Zohar ...
but them i am well versed in Torah and of a mature age ...

Shalom ... Eliab
Old 10-05-2014, 03:55 AM
DJ716

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niebla0007
I read the Zohar/Torah - sure gives us the idea/the basis of Kabbalah.
However, I find it long, and out of it all,
I still had to find the proper instructions on how to meditate with the Tree of Life somewhere else. I can say I learned far more from other books about it at the library and the internet.
So, just seek what you are looking for. I think going to a synagoge and seeing a rabbi is a good idea, for experience.

Niebla0007, one of the most illuminating aspects of kabbalistic study is gematria, which is the consideration of the numerical values of each word in the hebrew texts. Every word that has the same numerical value is relative to every other word of that same numerical value. knowing these references as you read the text unlocks tremendous understanding that otherwise is missed. Additionally, there is a word for each letter of the Hebrew alphabet, and these words have additional meanings. So generating a phrase from spelling out a single word, is many times even more enlightening.

Reading the texts at face value is, indeed, important. However, peering into the deeper meaning in these texts by considering their various corresponding meanings, can be a breath-takingly inspirational experience... one which can transform you.
Old 24-05-2014, 03:23 AM
ZoeZoe

Thank you for the infromation about the book. I am ordering a copy.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:41 PM
Pathfinder

Qabala

I am interested in learning about Qabala...I am reading, Simplified Qabala Magic by Ted Andrews. This book is very good reading....would some of you in this forum recommend other books I may order from amazon. Being new to Qabala I need the books to be simple and easy to understand....then I can advance to the deeper knowledge later.

Thanks,
Tavah
Old 04-09-2014, 05:54 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavah
I am interested in learning about Qabala...I am reading, Simplified Qabala Magic by Ted Andrews. This book is very good reading....would some of you in this forum recommend other books I may order from amazon. Being new to Qabala I need the books to be simple and easy to understand....then I can advance to the deeper knowledge later.

Thanks,
Tavah

To be honest, if someone spells it Qabala it ain't kosher.

L'shalom,

Peter
Old 05-09-2014, 12:48 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbiO
To be honest, if someone spells it Qabala it ain't kosher.

L'shalom,

Peter

Really! Hmm.....thanks!

Shalom
Old 09-09-2014, 05:47 AM
ConradM

What is the view on Homosexuality within Kabbalah?
Old 09-09-2014, 03:09 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConradM
What is the view on Homosexuality within Kabbalah?

You ask because??

L'shalom,

Peter
Old 09-09-2014, 04:28 PM
Master
I had this in my files, but neglected to include the reference.
I've read the book, "The Way", from the Kabbalah Center, which was obtained from the Library, so may be from there.

"Kabbalah is a doctrine of esoteric knowledge concerning God and the universe. Kabbalah stresses the reasons and understanding of the commandments...
Technically speaking it explains laws of 'light'."

I found "The Way" to be a very refreshing, and inspirtional read.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 10-09-2014, 04:58 AM
ConradM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbiO
You ask because??

L'shalom,

Peter

I ask because a friend of mine introduced me to this way of life and I'm a gay male. Just Trying to do some research before I give it a try.
Closed Thread