Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 03:14 AM
Wind of Grace

Color My personal point of view .....

For me, freedom is a given. Before incarnating we are free, while incarnated we are free, after incarnation we are still free. Nobody is shackled or tied to anything. The concept of being bound to a specific number of incarnations to free ourselves of our "Personal Karmic Wheel" leaves us in a state of constant personal evaluation and self judgement. What if you feel that you are perfect just the way you are? Not good, not bad...... just you, exactly the way you are in this very moment, and every other present moment that you live? What if your choice was not to come back to Earth to live another adventure in a human body? Who would tell you that you have to return?

If you know that you are free, then you are free..........

Love & Hugs, Wind of Grace xo ....

Last edited by Wind of Grace : 11-04-2007 at 04:50 PM.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Aero

Hello friends

It is my belief that if we do good things and think good thoughts. Practice the best you can on the path that you are on at the moment.
Then karma and rebirth will take care of themselves.
Its sometimes interesting to speculate and talk about karma and rebirth.
Just try not to let it cause strife and suffering in your life.
After all, suffering of all kinds is what the Buddha wants us to eliminate in ours lives.
Sadness or getting angry are emotions we should have under control, but we should not lack of emotions.
The Buddha wants us to be kind and love and feel joyful. Maybe even have fun and laugh.
I cant imagine the Dali Lama smiles as much as he does and has no emotions. Lol.
In my opinion, those Buddhists that seem to be showing no emotions are just at a part of there path that maybe they need to go through.
You could try putting on a big red clown nose and walking up to them and see if they smile.

Cheers
Aero
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BuddhistCoaster.jpg (24.8 KB, 2 views)
Old 06-04-2007, 12:02 AM
Pathwalker

Hey WindofGrace, i reckon you call that enlightenment!
Aero, i agree with you all anyone can do is the best they can how can anyone do any more? And so be it if it takes us many more lifetimes to reach enlightenment, as long as we're doing the best we can we can sleep easier! I like the big red clown nose idea, i don't think even e-ma's dad could resist such humour!
Pathwalker
Old 06-04-2007, 11:58 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

The Universe unfolds exactly as it should, perfect in every nuance.. it is only our perceptions of it that color it with imperfection..

Be well..
Old 06-04-2007, 03:25 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

The Universe unfolds exactly as it should, perfect in every nuance.. it is only our perceptions of it that color it with imperfection..

Be well..

Hi TzuJanLi,

This, I find, is very true. So drawing such a conclusion from your statement, can it be said that Enlightenment is simply having the ability to see every single moment as perfection itself and that every response that one makes in relation to their outer environment as perfect too? Is Enlightenment simply the ability to sustain a perception of perfection in relation to the Universe? What are your thoughts on this?

K.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:25 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Within perfection is harmony and chaos, each perfectly complimentary.. while seeking the clarity to perceive such perfection, i find that people favor alignments with one or the other, harmony or chaos.. Yes, the seeker's journey is no less perfect than the perceived destination.. though perceptions may have an unbalanced (harmony/chaos) bent to them.. in the grand scheme of things, the Universe will balance itself, regardless of our perspectives.. i take heart in the notion that regardless of our mental masturbations, we are a perfect reflection of the Universe.. we simply enjoy the "game" way too much sometimes... you know, the "game" where we pretend things are all screwed-up and only WE can fix it...

Be well...

Be well..
Old 06-04-2007, 04:29 PM
kundalini

HAHA!

That's great TzuJanLi, thank you for offering me your perspective! I know exactly what you mean! It is certainly a perception in and of itself.

K.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:16 PM
Maranda

The Universe unfolds exactly as it should! We mess it up by thinking too much. Going with the natural flow of our life energy is what makes life as it should be.

Edited to remove impolite language. SF Staff.

Last edited by kundalini : 08-04-2007 at 02:14 AM.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:47 PM
Muddler

TzuJanLi, yes, how wise! I love your allegory. It is so true. But understand that there is perfect harmony in the chaos. Simply find the respondant chords. Maranda, we couldn't mess the universe up if we tried! We are all part of this glorious web of I AM that we really understand so little of, yet loves us so much. There is freedom in the playground of God.

Edited to remove impolite implied [****] language. SF Staff

Last edited by tiltjlp : 11-04-2007 at 01:51 AM.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:11 PM
Aero

I edited this post.
Things constantly change and some things on this threat changed, so I needed to edit what I said also.

Metta

Aero

Last edited by Aero : 08-04-2007 at 11:08 PM.
Closed Thread