Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 12-10-2018, 10:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
"I posses everything- all so fake
Hence I have nothing - to put at stake
I'll tell you a secret- and he'll it's true
I am the Aghori, dwelling deep in You."
Thank you, that was very sweet...and THIS Aghori is being used and effed over.

So, I arrive at my brother's place to spend two weeks and I was given the "spare room".

The spare room is full of gym equipment, broken furniture, no mattress on the bed, with wood and household fittings on the bed...so, I was told "whatever you do, don't touch or move anything.." so, I respond with "where am I gonna sleep then?" and I was given like a 3 foot square patch of floor space with "there!".

I said that for my advancing age and state of mental health, this was not acceptable and they said "well, leave then!" and I said "finally and gladly" to which they realised they still NEEDED me there, so had to come up with something better if they didn't want me to walk away.

So, my sister in law got out an old, rusty fold out stretcher bed, cleaned off an extra two feet of room and put in there...I made it up and was comfortable for the night.

The next day, my brother comes in with "you know that bed you are slept on last night? I promised it to the neighbours today because they are going camping...I promised it a week ago...a few days before I realised you were coming...so I am very sorry, but you can't use that bed again tonight'...this was bulls*** of course.

My family LOVES giving me things and taking them away again as soon as I get used to it or start liking it...it has ALWAYS been this way and I am treated no better than an animal.

So, they took the fold up bed away...and then I went into my car, where I kept a small piece of foam and an extra pillow...so I brought them in from my car and set them up on my 5ft square of floorspace that I am ALLOWED to now have.

So, after I set my bed up...just after, my sister in law came in and said "your nephew is having a friend stay over tonight...it's a shame we had to give that fold up bed away...oh look, some foam and a pillow...THAT will do..." and I had to say "back off, sis...that belongs to ME...that is MINE and I don't allow other people to touch my things either, sorry".

With that, her face changed...she called me 'selfish' and uncaring/unsharing...to which, I said..."listen, my love...I have a severe mental illness and one of the things which triggers the symptoms, is not having any control whatsoever over my basic living conditions no matter where I am. If you are going give me things, don't take them away or else just don't give them to me...because stuff like that brings out my homicidal streak...now please leave me alone."
Old 12-10-2018, 11:18 AM
Suspended
Lol, the last part of your story was kind funny, I don't like it when people do that thing you said she done, where it's like people will say something but they really want something without saying it like how you said she said some foam an pillow will do when she really wanted to say get off the bed! .. you are baby sitting right? Soon they will go anyway, unless ur not..

Personally my bed is just a matress on the floor. I don't even have a bed. Its not that im poor or anything.. i could get one tomorrow if i wanted, i just thought you know its the same thing just not lifted slightly off the ground. Iv had one before..
Old 12-10-2018, 11:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Lol, the last part of your story was kind funny, I don't like it when people do that thing you said she done, where it's like people will say something but they really want something without saying it like how you said she said some foam an pillow will do when she really wanted to say get off the bed! .. you are baby sitting right? Soon they will go anyway, unless ur not..

Personally my bed is just a matress on the floor. I don't even have a bed. Its not that im poor or anything.. i could get one tomorrow if i wanted, i just thought you know its the same thing just not lifted slightly off the ground. Iv had one before..
I'm pretty good about where I sleep and on what...I can sleep on the floor too, but my position and method of sleep NEEDS to be consistent for a few days, or else I go totally ballistic...and I cannot help this...it is beyond my control...but hopefully, I can control the way I eat, sleep and defecate because if I cannot do that, not have anything that is consistent from one day to the next due to my autism, I start to freak out...and my family knows this...and makes them do it more and more...and just when I think they cannot do any better than making me feel like an unwanted guest in their home, they bloody outdo themselves!
Old 12-10-2018, 04:41 PM
Guide

Animals eat each other - but there's a difference. The prey gets killed and eaten in a matter of few minutes. The problem with the meat industry is that animals are kept hostage their entire life, deprived of freedom and dignity, and subjected to very cruel acts they can't escape. Animals are living beings just like us and should have rights just like us. We're not their owners, and they were not created to be our slaves. The most disgusting thing is that when they become "useless", they get killed. Human beings have no gratitude for the service of milk, eggs and so on. They treat animals like machines, like slaves who are obliged to provide these products. As if this was their only reason to be here with us. And this is terribly, terribly wrong. Hens spend their entire life in small and crowded cages where they cannot even walk, Horses are used like taxi services to carry 10 people around town... Birds are deprived of their natural right to fly, and are caged in our houses, (which is like spending your life in a small room with nothing else to do than just look at the wall)... In China, dogs and cats are skinned and boiled alive... The world lets this happen on a daily basis. It's disgraceful. Try to imagine yourself in their shoes... let's see if you're still think that this is right.

In my opinion, there's no spirituality without goodness, and goodness itself is much more spiritual than any culture on the subject. Goodness also means connection to all that surrounds us. Animals included.

My personal experience is that spirituality is healthy and positive when it flows through your actions and leads you where your heart desideres to go... It becomes dangerous and unhealthy when it is used as a safety net to detach from the world. Or when it becomes like an obsession or a religion with rules or practices that suffocate your own desire to have certain experiences... it has to enter your life with balance.
Old 31-10-2018, 04:16 PM
Master
There’s so many people who are into spirituality that it’s a bit strange to say you like none of them, or that pointless slaughter and suffering are okay are not very nice. I know it’s common practice to silence a veg with “Don’t judge.. be non-judgementalTake that! “ But why then continue judging the animals and kill them or destroy rainforest as a consequence?

Also if you want to practice true non-judgement you’d be an enlightened master. Every act, every decision in this world IS a form of judgement.. a choice. You can’t escape that, in fact you made many in your post.. which is fine with me.. better out than in as Shrek says.. But instead of preaching moral nihilism when it suits us, perhaps we better define a model of sorts for right conduct, if not we can justify anything... Seems to me you found yourself hitting walls.
Old 31-10-2018, 09:28 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyenight
Animals eat each other - but there's a difference. The prey gets killed and eaten in a matter of few minutes. The problem with the meat industry is that animals are kept hostage their entire life, deprived of freedom and dignity, and subjected to very cruel acts they can't escape. Animals are living beings just like us and should have rights just like us. We're not their owners, and they were not created to be our slaves. The most disgusting thing is that when they become "useless", they get killed. Human beings have no gratitude for the service of milk, eggs and so on. They treat animals like machines, like slaves who are obliged to provide these products. As if this was their only reason to be here with us. And this is terribly, terribly wrong. Hens spend their entire life in small and crowded cages where they cannot even walk, Horses are used like taxi services to carry 10 people around town... Birds are deprived of their natural right to fly, and are caged in our houses, (which is like spending your life in a small room with nothing else to do than just look at the wall)... In China, dogs and cats are skinned and boiled alive... The world lets this happen on a daily basis. It's disgraceful. Try to imagine yourself in their shoes... let's see if you're still think that this is right.

Indeed. How can we hope that human beings will treat each other with respect and compassion without also treating animals with the same respect and compassion?

If human beings see animals, birds and fishes as just a commodity to be used and exploited then it is not surprising that many humans are also treated in the same way.

If we really want a better world then we can each begin making a difference with our supermarket trolley.

Peace.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:14 AM
Master
Quote:

I'm thinking of getting rid of my bed and sleeping on a futon on a mat Japanese style.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:28 PM
That picture alone is so inspiring! I'm cleaning my house today!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-11-2018, 12:23 AM
Pathfinder

I feel like I know exactly what you mean. It seems like your issue is with judgemental people and elitism rather than spiritual people. Spiritual elitism is as ugly as any other kind of elitism. Being accepting of all beings where they're at on their own unique journeys, that seems to flow in when the spiritualized ego and its spiritual elitism step down.
Old 05-11-2018, 11:10 PM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveAllBeings
I feel like I know exactly what you mean. It seems like your issue

is with judgemental people and elitism rather than spiritual people. Spiritual elitism is as ugly
as any other kind of elitism.
I was just going to say something just like this! Great minds, eh?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru