Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 13-04-2017, 07:44 AM
Ascender

Carl Gustav Jung — 'People will do anything, no matter how absurd, to avoid facing their own souls.'
Old 19-06-2017, 09:13 AM
Ascender

"We must reach the place where we actually see that we don't know
what we are doing with our lives. We must recognize that we don't
know where we are going — and never have! This must be done without
anxiety and without emotion, just as we might recognize that we took
a wrong turn on the highway. We must see that our human opinions are
worthless; they can do nothing for us. When this happens, we are on
the edge of a monumental discovery."

The Mystic Path to Cosmic Power, Chap. 9, p. 156

"The realities of life are all powerful and this power will accept
no excuse from any human being. Human beings in the normal, usual,
social relationships, in the home, out in the world, human beings
eagerly go after the slightest opportunity to excuse themselves for
their bad behavior. 'I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to do that,' they say,
and you say.

We excuse our weakness, we excuse our bad manners, we excuse every-
thing about ourselves that we possibly can. It is a dominating trait
of human beings to say, 'I am not at fault, I am not to blame, don’t
blame me.' It is so characteristic that human beings have this little
phonograph record ready to put on at the slightest threat to their
self-images of being right and good and true, that they’re ready to
put the little phonograph record on instantly, 'It’s not my fault.'
It is your fault for living the way you are."

Let Rescue Come to You
DVD # 23, talk 2 Blu-ray # 8, talk 5

Vernon Howard
Old 21-06-2017, 11:20 PM
Knower
Pistis and Gnosis

Pistis is faith, or trust in Sutra (thread of Words and Letters). The Bible is compilation of Eastern Sutras, named by another name of course. A Sutra is a thread from a larger body, which is why the Son of God is called the Word, or sewer of the Letters. Aleph Bet in Hebrew is the word Father, or Letters making his Son (Word). Pistis is faith in the revelation of special knowledge or the Gnosis of Sages of old, prophets of God and Mystics of antiquity. At times, the torah (word) was given from the visions of Angels. At other times, in visions from meditation. Few Christians realize that Jewish meditation is a practice you can observe on any youtube channel. Find a video of the wailing wall and watch the men in black rock back and forth with their Yidam on the forehead. Objects of veneration are Yidams.

All of scripture you know in the Bible is from meditative and altered states. Hebrew mysticism is an Eastern practice, no different than its feminine counterpart in Buddhism, Hinduism, Zen and Tao. As well, devination comprises much of the texts we read. I will not outline this here, as it is easily found on the internet. Gnosis is possible in meditation.

Prayer is asking and speaking to God. Meditation is listening.
Old 28-06-2017, 07:36 PM
Ascender

"In every life there must come that supreme moment when, for the first time, the soul recognizes its kinship with the greatness which lies beyond material conception. The moment of this realization is actually the moment of birth. Previous to this state, there is only an animal existence, but the true self comes into being, conjured up by that realization which recognizes the necessity for that self. In every age a few awake from the troubled sleep of materiality and by awakening discover mortality with all its attendant consequences to be but the figment of a dream.

It is impossible to live well without a rational perspective on life. Life, therefore, seems hopeless and purposeless to the great body of humanity. True knowledge must be that knowledge by which we come to know the reason for the circumstances which make up our mortal span. Realization is the supreme intellectual faculty, for by realization we come to know of the existence of reality. But only through a still superior discipline, which the mystics have come to designate meditation, can one identify himself with those realities which heretofore he has only mentally recognized and accepted.

Metaphysical philosophy divides all mankind into three orders: the first and lowest, those who do not know and cannot see; second, those who know a little and see a little but have very limited understanding; third, that small group of enlightened ones who, knowing and seeing, have identified themselves in consciousness with that which they have known and seen. Only the latter are truly wise, and in them the Law is perfected."

Manly P. Hall

The Phoenix: The Practice of Meditation
Old 28-06-2017, 09:28 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Being
"In every life there must come that supreme moment when, for the first time, the soul recognizes its kinship with the greatness which lies beyond material conception. The moment of this realization is actually the moment of birth. Previous to this state, there is only an animal existence, but the true self comes into being, conjured up by that realization which recognizes the necessity for that self. In every age a few awake from the troubled sleep of materiality and by awakening discover mortality with all its attendant consequences to be but the figment of a dream.

It is impossible to live well without a rational perspective on life. Life, therefore, seems hopeless and purposeless to the great body of humanity. True knowledge must be that knowledge by which we come to know the reason for the circumstances which make up our mortal span. Realization is the supreme intellectual faculty, for by realization we come to know of the existence of reality. But only through a still superior discipline, which the mystics have come to designate meditation, can one identify himself with those realities which heretofore he has only mentally recognized and accepted.

Metaphysical philosophy divides all mankind into three orders: the first and lowest, those who do not know and cannot see; second, those who know a little and see a little but have very limited understanding; third, that small group of enlightened ones who, knowing and seeing, have identified themselves in consciousness with that which they have known and seen. Only the latter are truly wise, and in them the Law is perfected."

Manly P. Hall

The Phoenix: The Practice of Meditation

Great quote. At first, I was reading this as your words, not realizing I had heard this before. I was admiring the writing quality, then thinking, "this guy should write a book!" Ha! Anyway, I agree on more than one level with this quote. The word Evolution is E (out of) and Volution (circling center). Ec (out of) Stasis (Rest). Prayer is speaking to the Spirit we all share. Meditation is listening. One comes form using the mind (Manu means, "to think) and one comes from stilling the mind and listening.

Great quote! M.P. Hall was quite the wordsmith.
Old 28-06-2017, 09:33 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysDayAfterYesterday
Great quote! M.P. Hall was quote the wordsmith.

Yea, an interesting guy / author.
Old 28-06-2017, 09:37 PM
Knower
Quote:
Yea, an interesting guy / author.

I also love his story of Adam in regard to Adam discovering his own identity. Here's the quote:

A Story of Adam (From Manly P. Hall, Secret Teachings of All the Ages)

In this ritualistic drama--possibly derived from the Egyptians--Adam, banished from the Garden of Eden, represents man philosophically exiled from the sphere of Truth. Through ignorance man falls; through wisdom he redeems himself. The Garden of Eden represents the House of the Mysteries (see The Vision of Enoch) in the midst of which grew both the Tree of Life and the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil.

Man, the banished Adam, seeks to pass from the outer court of the Sanctuary (the exterior universe) into the sanctum sanctorum, but before him rises a vast creature armed with a flashing sword that, moving slowly but continually, sweeps clear a wide circle, and through this "Ring Pass Not" the Adamic man cannot break.

The cherubim address the seeker thus: "Man, thou art dust and to dust thou shalt return. Thou wert fashioned by the Builder of Forms; thou belongest to the sphere of form, and the breath that was breathed into thy soul was the breath of form and like a flame it shall flicker out. More than thou art thou canst not be. Thou art a denizen of the outer world and it is forbidden thee to enter this inner place." And the Adam replies: "Many times have I stood within this courtyard and begged admission to my Father's house and thou hast refused it me and sent me back to wander in darkness. True it is that I was fashioned out of the dirt and that my Maker could not confer upon me the boon of immortality. But no more shalt thou send me away; for, wandering in the darkness, I have discovered that the Almighty hath decreed my salvation because He hath sent out of the most hidden Mystery His Only Begotten who didst take upon Himself the world fashioned by the Demiurgus. Upon the elements of that world was He crucified and from Him hath poured forth the blood of my salvation. And God, entering into His creation, hath quickened it and established therein a road that leadeth to Himself. While my Maker could not give me immortality, immortality was inherent in the very dust of which I was composed, for before the world was fabricated and before the Demiurgus became the Regent of Nature the Eternal Life had impressed itself upon the face of Cosmos. This is its sign--the Cross. Do you now deny me entrance, I who have at last learned the mystery of myself?"

And the voice replies: "He who is aware, IS! Behold!"

Gazing about him, Adam finds himself in a radiant place, in the midst of which stands a tree with flashing jewels for fruit and entwined about its trunk a flaming, winged serpent crowned with a diadem of stars. It was the voice of the serpent that had spoken.

"Who art thou?" demands the Adam.

"I," the serpent answers, "am Satan who was stoned; I am the Adversary--the Lord who is against you, the one who pleads for your destruction before the Eternal Tribunal. I was your enemy upon the day that you were formed; I have led you into temptation; I have delivered you into the hands of evil; I have maligned you; I have striven ever to achieve your undoing. I am the guardian of the Tree of Knowledge and I have sworn that none whom I can lead astray shall partake of its fruits."

The Adam replies: "For uncounted ages have I been thy servant. In my ignorance I listened to thy words and they led me into paths of sorrow. Thou hast placed in my mind dreams of power, and when I struggled to realize those dreams they brought me naught but pain. Thou hast sowed in me the seeds of desire, and when I lusted after the things of the flesh agony was my only recompense. Thou hast sent me false prophets and false reasoning, and when I strove to grasp the magnitude of Truth I found thy laws were false and only dismay rewarded my strivings. I am done with thee forever, O artful Spirit! I have tired of thy world of illusions. No longer will I labor in thy vineyards of iniquity. Get thee behind me, tempter, and the host of thy temptations. There is no happiness, no peace, no good, no future in the doctrines of selfishness, hate, and passion preached by thee. All these things do I cast aside. Renounced is thy rule forever!"

And the serpent makes answer: "Behold, O Adam, the nature of thy Adversary!" The serpent disappears in a blinding sunburst of radiance and in its place stands an angel resplendent in shining, golden garments with great scarlet wings that spread from one corner of the heavens to the other. Dismayed and awestruck, the Adam falls before the divine creature.

"I am the Lord who is against thee and thus accomplishes thy salvation, " continues the voice. "Thou hast hated me, but through the ages yet to be thou shalt bless me, for I have led thee out of the sphere of the Demiurgus; I have turned thee against the illusion of worldliness; I have weaned thee of desire; I have awakened in thy soul the immortality of which I myself partake. Follow me, O Adam, for I am the Way, the Life and the Truth!"
Old 28-06-2017, 09:49 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysDayAfterYesterday
I also love his story of Adam in regard to Adam discovering his own identity. Here's the quote:

A Story of Adam (From Manly P. Hall, Secret Teachings of All the Ages)

Yea it's good. i have a copy of the secret teachings of all ages.

The "Ring Pass Not" has reference within much esoteric / occult literature.

There are the 7 'levels' of Creation - the 7 heavens, Bodies, Chakras, etc.

The Creator presides over Creation.

Beyond this there is the great void - the ring pass not - beyond which are the true God Worlds / Source.

i was very impressed with the books of Grant H. Pealer, especially the book 'Worlds Beyond Death' - it describes a complete spiritual Cosmology that correlates & matches many other writings.

The same material (in essence) appears 'everywhere'.

https://energyreality.com/the-7-prim...other-systems/

http://www.trufax.org/matrix5/segments/gradients.html
Old 28-06-2017, 10:01 PM
Knower
Quote:
Yea it's good. i have a copy of the secret teachings of all ages.

The "Ring Pass Not" has reference within much esoteric / occult literature.

There are the 7 'levels' of Creation - the 7 heavens, Bodies, Chakras, etc.

The Creator presides over Creation.

Beyond this there is the great void - the ring pass not - beyond which are the true God Worlds / Source.

i was very impressed with the books of Grant H. Pealer, especially the book 'Worlds Beyond Death' - it describes a complete spiritual Cosmology that correlates & matches many other writings.

The same material (in essence) appears 'everywhere'.

https://energyreality.com/the-7-prim...other-systems/

http://www.trufax.org/matrix5/segments/gradients.html

Google my username, then hit the docs page. There is a link there to the 10 levels of dimensional creation. The seven you outline are where the division of one Lord takes on relative form in all of mankind. I outline this in relation to the Gunas of the Triloka, using Sansrit study to determine the puzzle and how it fits together. Seven is all a man can touch for the express reason of Dimensional perfection.

In 2 dimensions, there are infinite regular polytopes. In 3, there are five regular (perfect) polytopes. In the fourth dimension, there are six (divisible by two sets of three). Above the event horizon of the branched timeline, there can only be three regular polytopes, which gives you one simple cross-secton to then see why there are only three in the trinity (Trimurty) of Spirit Mind above. We are all one Mind above, but divisible below.

This is why dimensions 7-9 are one dimension containing the highest level of the all. The rest is the gateway back to zero, or emptiness (unlimited potentiality), which is really where the mind goes if it tries to cross the divide back to God (beyond 10). Those last three dimensions are the Son's Mind, while the Father is across the Gate of 10. Check out my outline. The feminine consort of Wisdom is all three of the Trinity, or the Mind of God. We all share this.