Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 16-02-2017, 01:00 PM
Master
The Goddess

I have been reading various literature about “The Goddess” lately, and find it fascinating. Working and planning
to bring attention to the inequality of females in this world, and part of that inequality is evident in various religions,
as well as other areas. This is an education and transformation for me; a sensitization to the feminine principle
within me. So here is some of what I’ve come across regarding the Goddess.

She has been with us from the beginning. Her names are many: Mboze Rain Goddess of the Woyo people of Zaire;
Pele the Hawaiian Goddess of fire and the volcanos; White Buffalo Calf Woman of the Lakota people; Cerredwin,
a Celtic Goddess; Yemaya, a Goddess of the African and Afro-Caribbean Yoruba; Akewa, a Goddess called by the
Toba people of Argentina; Coatilicue, the Mother of all Aztec deities.

In the west she has been referred to as Shekhina, Ruah, El Shaddai, Sophia, and the Holy Spirit. For many she is
the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God. In the east she has been called Tara, Durga, Kali, Shakti, Kuan Yin. She
has been imagined as the original trinity depicted as Virgin, Mother, Crone. Myths depict her as Innana, Isis, Gaia,
Artemis, Lilith, Izanami.

She is associated with the moon, womb, tomb, trees, stars, sun, snake, and butterfly. Many believe that she
manifests through women‘s bleeding, midwifery, herbal healing, and many still refer to her as Mother Earth.
She is the cosmic egg, the feminine principle of creativity and rebirth within the universe. She is the Goddess;
the one who co-creates, gestates, births, protects, and nurtures new life within all of us.
Old 16-02-2017, 01:19 PM
Master
In the Old Testament she is called Asherah, consort of El. The world is too paternalistic to recognize a female God or leader for that matter. Only a handful of countries have had women as their presidents to date. We still have a long way to reach a state where we can accept a female God like it was in Lemuria.
Old 16-02-2017, 01:24 PM
Master
I believe that the equal treatment of females is part of what is required for this world to enter a new more enlightened age. But not only the equal treatment of females but also males getting in touch with their feminine side,and I am not talking about sex or sexuality; rather I am talking about becoming whole, for males as well as females. What we do today towards that end may carry over and grow long after we have left this earth.
Old 16-02-2017, 01:35 PM
Master
I met a young guy today who was in his twenties, and he said he had three kids; all I could say is what are you doing with three kids at your age; it seemed to me to be a lack of disciple and forward thinking. It has been said that if a man could give birth to a child he would think a lot differently about women.

I also talked with a female who was a U.S. Army veteran but she felt that her service was less than the men who served, which I had to jump in and tell her how valuable her service was, and that I was glad she made it home, and out of the army, safely. Female veterans are often not given the same appreciation as male veterans.
Old 16-02-2017, 01:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
I believe that the equal treatment of females is part of what is required for this world to enter a new more enlightened age. But not only the equal treatment of females but also males getting in touch with their feminine side,and I am not talking about sex or sexuality; rather I am talking about becoming whole, for males as well as females. What we do today towards that end may carry over and grow long after we have left this earth.
Yes, yes, and YES!

Very nicely said, Starman, couldn't agree more - I honestly think the survival of our species depends upon the harmonisation of masculine and feminine, both in the collective and in the individual.
Old 16-02-2017, 02:06 PM
Deactivated Account
Is she pretty?
Old 16-02-2017, 07:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Is she pretty?
Are you pretty?
P.S. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and in my opinion inner beauty is much more important than outer beauty.
Old 16-02-2017, 07:47 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Are you pretty?

According to some.
Old 16-02-2017, 07:52 PM
Master
Personally I like natural beauty; natures beauty, and the Goddess overwhelmingly has that.
Old 16-02-2017, 07:54 PM
Deactivated Account
Any chance how I could meet her?