Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 10-02-2017, 10:30 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
The path of the heart; subjective, feelings, emotions, intuition.
The path of the head; objective, thinking, reasoning, logic.

The middle path; one that appropriately utilizes all of our innate gifts;
combining reasoning and logic with intuition; bridging the objective with
the subjective. Still it is better to have a big heart than it is to have a
big head

Thank you for this pleasant contemplation, Starman. It was beautiful to read, all of it.

Where you always this way with words, Starman? Since you have mentioned your age on here before, heh, was it always difficult/easy for you to express yourself when you were a younger man ( as far as matters of the heart) as oppose to know? How has expressing yourself now coming from a society that stigmatizes male vulnerability/ emotions changed from than.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:01 PM
Master
That is so beautiful Starman.

Thank you for sharing.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Thank you for this pleasant contemplation, Starman. It was beautiful to read, all of it.

Where you always this way with words, Starman? Since you have mentioned your age on here before, heh, was it always difficult/easy for you to express yourself when you were a younger man ( as far as matters of the heart) as oppose to know? How has expressing yourself now coming from a society that stigmatizes male vulnerability/ emotions changed from than.

It has been an evolutionary process for me. I am old enough to remember when men did not hug each other because of the societal stigma, and a lot of fathers did not even hug their own sons back then. Men have been emotionally restricted for a very long time. Emotionalism and talking about the heart was once considered a weakness. Men talked about how women were too emotional. I have had some incredible life experiences which have grown me along the way, and helped me get in touch with my innate gifts; we all have innate gifts. Losing my eyesight for 5-years, being involved in the war in Vietnam, and other experiences I was able to use to my benefit.

All of the occult and esoteric analysis which I have done on myself said that writing and speaking were my strong points. This also showed up on aptitude tests, but for a large portion of my life I was highly intellectual; all that college education, etc. I once worked as a college professor and was often complimented for the lectures I would give. I think of it as a latent natural talent which blossomed and is still blossoming.

But it was not until I started doing inner work, and getting in touch with my heart that I was able to apply my communication skills in ways unlike I did with my intellect. It is a gift but I have to be vigilent not to let it go to my head (ego). Humility is an important part of my spiritual practice, and I am living a life now which I could not have imagined when I was younger, a fulfilling life which part of it is connecting with others verbally and non-verbally. Although I am aware that sometimes I can come across preachy.
Old 11-02-2017, 12:27 AM
boshy b. good

fievel goes west'ing

heart be swim, we
ecco brain'd, when
we make (stuff) up, we are getting
clap, "oh look, we made
it" heart swim props
and brain'd eccos to
new thouroughbred

i found out now as us

props i e "props go out to the new avengers of a great movie"

props i e "we give props for giving out pizza"

props i e "we are covered with your love, props to that"

serve it up ~

Last edited by boshy b. good : 11-02-2017 at 03:08 AM.
Old 11-02-2017, 01:17 AM
Master
When I was in the U.S. Army, back in the 1960's and 1970's, male soldiers were not allowed to carry a baby
in their arms or push a baby stroller, while they were in their "Class-A" dress uniform. It was just an image
the army did not care for and you could receive a fine if you were caught with a baby in your arms or pushing
a stroller while in your class A's. Men have come a long way since then and we have a long way to go.

I endorse men speaking out about the abuse of women; because males, and some females, have to change
their perspective of the male/female relationship. I once dated a woman who told me that she did not know
how to be with a sensitive guy; all of the guys who she had dated ignored her and would only speak to her
in one word grunts; huh, wha, ya, etc. This is what she was used to, and what she expected, and our
relationship did not last very long because she wanted what was a stereotypical guy back then, and I was not that.
Old 12-02-2017, 05:03 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
It has been an evolutionary process for me. I am old enough to remember when men did not hug each other because of the societal stigma, and a lot of fathers did not even hug their own sons back then. Men have been emotionally restricted for a very long time. Emotionalism and talking about the heart was once considered a weakness. Men talked about how women were too emotional. I have had some incredible life experiences which have grown me along the way, and helped me get in touch with my innate gifts; we all have innate gifts. Losing my eyesight for 5-years, being involved in the war in Vietnam, and other experiences I was able to use to my benefit.

All of the occult and esoteric analysis which I have done on myself said that writing and speaking were my strong points. This also showed up on aptitude tests, but for a large portion of my life I was highly intellectual; all that college education, etc. I once worked as a college professor and was often complimented for the lectures I would give. I think of it as a latent natural talent which blossomed and is still blossoming.

But it was not until I started doing inner work, and getting in touch with my heart that I was able to apply my communication skills in ways unlike I did with my intellect. It is a gift but I have to be vigilent not to let it go to my head (ego). Humility is an important part of my spiritual practice, and I am living a life now which I could not have imagined when I was younger, a fulfilling life which part of it is connecting with others verbally and non-verbally. Although I am aware that sometimes I can come across preachy.

The different perspectives are always so interesting to me, I find men on this forum to be so much more open about their feelings and past experiences than most people I meet/interact with in my every day life. Aside from learning with 'age', I had always wondered if limitations in expressing emotion stretched beyond being self and soul aware, which does bring me to humility. I also think it's an important attribute to posses. I think one can do a whole lot of preaching/damage without considering humility and deep understanding, so I find the skill of having emotional intelligence and humility necessary as well. Thanks for sharing your perspective! I enjoyed reading this thread in particular because it wasn't preachy or dialogue, it was simply words coming from the heart..

Quote:
When I was in the U.S. Army, back in the 1960's and 1970's, male soldiers were not allowed to carry a baby
in their arms or push a baby stroller, while they were in their "Class-A" dress uniform. It was just an image
the army did not care for and you could receive a fine if you were caught with a baby in your arms or pushing
a stroller while in your class A's. Men have come a long way since then and we have a long way to go. I endorse men speaking out about the abuse of women; because males, and some females, have to change
their perspective of the male/female relationship. I once dated a woman who told me that she did not know
how to be with a sensitive guy; all of the guys who she had dated ignored her and would only speak to her
in one word grunts; huh, wha, ya, etc. This is what she was used to, and what she expected, and our
relationship did not last very long because she wanted what was a stereotypical guy back then, and I was not that.

Wow, that is very interesting to learn of our history. I do think we have come a long way in society, although, I still feel we have so much more to go. I am happy to see much progressiveness in my generation including more stay at home dads.
I have to say, being at the playground with dads around, there is nothing more attractive than seeing a father wearing a baby sling over his chest haha. Very common now in days. These slings were traditionally used for women who nursed their infants.

Quote:
I endorse men speaking out about the abuse of women; because males, and some females, have to change
their perspective of the male/female relationship

I agree!
Old 12-02-2017, 11:00 PM
Master
The heart feels, the head thinks, but its my feet that keeps me moving forward. :p