Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 23-12-2023, 01:31 AM
Master
With lifting weights you can use slow deliberate movement and concentrate on feeling the muscle stretch out and then contract through the full range of motion. Just aware of this rep, one rep at a time. Being consistent with calm awareness of how it feels to move 'correctly' is the way forward.

You notice other thoughts and attitudes coming up with discomfort, so the mind is always trying to trick you into rushing to get the set done or losing the care taken with 'this rep', but you have to stay in charge and make sure 'this rep' is perfect - don't let mind's reactive nature sway you into thinking about 'how many reps to go' or anything like that.

Learn to be indifferent to discomfort, the body burns but you remain calm and unperturbed. Once you notice how you can just be aware and indifferent to sensations as you control the body, you start to notice that not only don't you mind the pain, but it is actually enjoyable.
Old 23-12-2023, 08:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Once you notice how you can just be aware and indifferent to sensations you start to notice that not only don't you mind the pain, but it is actually enjoyable.

Which is 'not' being indifferent Pain is a very important sensation and should never be ignored, be very aware of it and treat it with respect .....
Old 23-12-2023, 09:12 AM
Master

....Hi Gem....
Get back to me once you've given birth LOLOL....
Old 23-12-2023, 02:35 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
And if I hear "excuses" you get detention ...you hear ???

well just maybe I ought to go to my room then

no but really I'm more than a little frustrated right now

but anyway thanks for talking through this with me it was kinda nice
Old 23-12-2023, 02:45 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
well just maybe I ought to go to my room then

no but really I'm more than a little frustrated right now

but anyway thanks for talking through this with me it was kinda nice
"Kinda nice " ?
Is that your way of saying you terrified of me ?
Cos you should be LOL...
Ok... Spill.
What you frustrated with ? And it better be good cos I can promise I can give you 5 million reasons why you shouldn't be , and I will list them all starting with "A".
But listen....
We can't talk about it in here or we both get kicked off for going off topic all the time...
So how about we carry this on in "your space " ( my space ) under the title "fix you " or something similar, I forget now !
Deal ?
Old 24-12-2023, 02:53 PM
Master
Yesterday at the gym I listened to rainforest sounds on my phone. I raised the volume. All I heard most of the time for 1,5 hour was the sound of jungle birds and gibbons ((Yeah I know I'm weird, name me another soul on the planet who listens to that...)). I could hardly hear the music of the gym. I also decided to not check my phone during breaks because it only puts me in 'reaction' mode.
Old 26-12-2023, 02:02 AM
Master
It seems that people who are female think pain isn't understood by me since I'm male and don't give birth. Giving birth isn't the only pain or even the worst pain, but it is irrelevant to the topic and has nothing to do with anything I said.
Old 26-12-2023, 02:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Yesterday at the gym I listened to rainforest sounds on my phone. I raised the volume. All I heard most of the time for 1,5 hour was the sound of jungle birds and gibbons ((Yeah I know I'm weird, name me another soul on the planet who listens to that...)). I could hardly hear the music of the gym. I also decided to not check my phone during breaks because it only puts me in 'reaction' mode.
It sounds like a good idea.

Fitness people have atrocious musical taste, but I have read research that showed that music improves training performance. For me it works with cardio, but it has to be the music I like - not the inanity they play at the gym. It's like they asked someone to find the worst songs they could.
Old 26-12-2023, 05:15 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It seems that people who are female think pain isn't understood by me since I'm male and don't give birth. Giving birth isn't the only pain or even the worst pain, but it is irrelevant to the topic and has nothing to do with anything I said.
My comment was tongue in cheek and I meant no harm.
Sometimes my "weird" humour gets the better of me.
Just one or two points though.
In that you have never given birth you cannot know that it isn't the "worst" pain.
And it could indeed be quite relevant actually because even though it's slightly different type of "workout" trust when I say you have to stay fully focused and almost take yourself to a spiritual level . If that breathing is not fully controlled and you do not stay fully focused during it all then it's awful.
We are not talking about 5 minutes on a treadmill here where you can "stop and get off".
We are talking hours and hours of what feels like torture especially as in my case when with two of my births for various reasons there was no pain relief.
Giving birth is all about muscle contraction like excercise ? And staying fully and completely focused. I also think it helps if during the process you do have a spiritual nature and can relate to that too.

But yes, there are indeed many types of pain.
Old 26-12-2023, 05:18 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I don't think you are weird at all. I listen to these nature sounds all the time.
Beats the babble of everyday "noise" .
VERY relaxing and peaceful to quiet the mind.