Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 07-03-2012, 04:25 AM
Aquarian

No difference between lust and love? Really?
Old 07-03-2012, 05:03 PM
Administrator
Hello

Maybe to understand LOVe one has to look to what LOVe means to ye on a more personal level of view ?

I did a presentaiton recently on What is LOVe?

I personally feel there is maybe a vibrational difference on the spiritual level and the physical level. We as human can turn on and off emotions but when we go inside us to that place of inner peace those emotions are gone as the brain is silent.

What is LOVe?

LOVe is said to be a strong emotional attachment based onaffection for another person or animal or item. LOVe too encompasses other areas such as human kindness, and compassion.

We can talk even on LOVe in a Biblical sense in reference tothe connection to God and Jesus . To theDevine Unconditional LOVe. The idea thatwe are all God’s children and in that we are all LOVed by God or a HigherDevine Being.

How we use the word LOVe is on many a level. LOVe can refer to a mate in a passionate wayor sexual way of understanding. Too theword LOVe can be used when making passions. One can say “I LOVe YOU” to another person on many levels too; one is inthe romantic way the other is in a feeling of friendship in a totally nonromantic meaning.

In many ways it’s easier to say what is NOT LOVe that whatis LOVe. What is not LOVe is “hate”,what is not romantic LOVe is “lust”. Though we can have LOVe for a close friend. It’s a feeling that one gets that maybe makesone want to put LOVe at the end of a letter when signing one’s name to it.

We can too have inspirational LOVe. It can be said that one will find that LOVethat one seeks only after forgiving yourself and from there other’s. Then andonly then you will know the true meaning of LOVe.

Unconditional LOVe that place of I LOVe you as you are, asyou seek to find your own special way to relate to the World, or the way youfeel that is right for you. It’simportant at you are the person you want to be and not someone that I orother’s think you should be.

Romeo and Juliette

Duality(light and dark)

Shakespeare’s has awidespread use of light and dark imagery throughout the play. Both Romeo and Juliet see the other as lightin a surrounding darkness. Romeo describes Juliet as being like the sun,brighter than a torch, a jewel sparkling in the night, and a bright angel amongdark clouds. Even when she liesapparently dead in the tomb, he says her "beauty makes, “This vault afeasting presence full of light." Juliet describes Romeo as "day in night" and "Whiter thansnow upon a raven's back. “This contrast of light and dark can be expanded assymbols—contrasting love and hate, youth and age in a metaphoric way.

Romeo and Juliet'slove is a light in the midst of the darkness of the hate around them, but allof their activity together is done in night and darkness, while all of thefeuding is done in broad daylight. This paradox of imagery adds atmosphere tothe moral dilemma facing the two lovers: loyalty to family or loyalty to love.

At the end of thestory, when the morning is gloomy and the sun hiding the light and dark havereturned to their proper places, the outward darkness reflecting the true,inner darkness of the family feud out of sorrow for the lovers. All characters now recognize their folly inlight of recent events.

We know that the “Tragedy” theme if of the play is that twothat are in LOVe die.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:51 PM
Master
I was thinking of this thread and would like to suggest..

Notice any difference in feeling when you say "I love you" and "There is love"

A different frequency, as Lynn suggested.

Xan

Old 22-05-2012, 10:15 AM
RisenPhoenix

Spiritual love can not be made by being physical, but having spiritual love will enhance physical love.
Old 24-05-2012, 02:23 AM
Experiencer
I think of physical love as in romantic love - the love you experience by touch, giving & receiving, sharing intimate space with, providing for others and the like. However, I also do believe that physical love comes with some level expectation of reciprocation on behalf of the other person - whether it is a lover, friend, family member, etc.

I think of spiritual love as unconditional love. You can freely give this love to yourself and to others and never feel like you are giving "too much." Loving or experiencing that which is not necessarily present, something you can't explain or see, but you know its there, its palpable and affects you deeply and more intensely. Between two individuals, I think spiritual love is energy based and does not need physical touch in order to be felt. One doesn't have to "do" anything for or to the other in order for love and warmth to be felt.

I also think they don't have to be mutually exclusive but I do agree with RisenPhoenix.
Old 24-05-2012, 02:40 AM
Sybilline

I think both Physical and Spiritual Love can coexist, as I think there is only one kind of Love, ultimately. But for the sake of discussion...

I think the simplest way I can put it is, Spiritual Love is the kind I'd give to my mother, and my brother, and my dog. It is unconditional, it requires no physical contact, though hugs and such are very much ppreciated of course, but it would not be sexual at all, ewww.

Physical love I'd think is the sort I would give my partner, (which I also love Spiritually of course) it is still unconditional but this time I think sex would be required... Until we get really really old then I guess it just becomes Spiritual Love.
Old 24-05-2012, 03:18 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybilline
Physical love I'd think is the sort I would give my partner, (which I also love Spiritually of course) it is still unconditional but this time I think sex would be required... Until we get really really old then I guess it just becomes Spiritual Love.

Lol agreed!