Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 25-09-2019, 10:22 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
??????

I was bouncing off of Jay's post.
That's what confused me.

Quote:
What's your 'point'?
My point is that being Spiritual is being human, and being human is being Spiritual. It's the Spirituality of sitting on the toilet, regardless of definitions, ego and agenda it plays out anyway. Or as Alan Watts put it, "If you are Spiritual you are God playing at being not God."
Old 25-09-2019, 11:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
My point is that being Spiritual is being human, and being human is being Spiritual.
,Agreed. Given that I think/believe that everything is 'composed' by Mind (we are all the 'thoughts' of 'God') and Spirit (we are all the ex-press-ions of 'God'). I regard all being-doing (incarnate or excarnate ) as being 'spiritual'. My focus is on grokking and sharing what I think Spirit's 'game' pertaining to what 'incarnation' and Spirit's purpose (goal) in doing so is.

Last edited by davidsun : 26-09-2019 at 02:36 AM.
Old 26-09-2019, 01:06 AM
Master

Quote:
That's what confused me.

My point is that being Spiritual is being human, and being human is being Spiritual. It's the Spirituality of sitting on the toilet, regardless of definitions, ego and agenda it plays out anyway. Or as Alan Watts put it, "If you are Spiritual you are God playing at being not God."

I didn't follow the whole dialogue, but this is funny. :) Trying to win an argument no-matter-what can push us to claim things we never would ... when sober.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 26-09-2019, 02:49 AM
janielee

Quote:
I've seen what your Truth is based on, you gave me links and I spent the time reading. It's still relative to one's own agenda. There are things that are far beyond the subjectivity and relativity of peace, sahdana. and Truth and have the purity that is undeniable. There are things that just ARE. But that takes an understanding beyond resonance.

We don't tell the Truth, we tell the Truth of ourselves.

Perhaps the greatest respect we can give to the greats is to embody their teachings and not use them as a way of demeaning others in order to gain an illusionary Spiritual acumen. To borrow from the Hobbits, Spirituality is as Spirituality does but that takes a Spirituality beyond the rules, regulations, power-plays and politics.

I don’t need to lie

We don't tell the Truth, we tell the Truth of ourselves.

Thanks for telling me your truths, Greenslade. Nice sound bites, but yeah, no, I’ve seen and experienced enough to know what the Masters point to is a Truth that’s beyond such circular arguments, the constant appeal to rationality, and the world of grudges and offence. In other words, something much better, in my books.

YMMV but as to spiritual “competition” try not to take a difference of opinion as politics or competition - this is a forum, and a spirituality based one, so the conversations probably flow that way, and in this field, yeah there are bright lights (see above) and not one of these Masters contradicts the other or says “don’t worry everything is spiritual so whatever”.

I’d say a pretty strong road sign right there for those who are interested in the path of Light and Honor,

JL
Old 26-09-2019, 02:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I didn't follow the whole dialogue, but this is funny. :) Trying to win an argument no-matter-what can push us to claim things we never would ... when sober.
Me thinks you missed Greenslades and my 'point' - or that it went over your 'head'. Maybe having a drink or a toke will open you to 'seeing' the truth (that he and I are alluding to.
Old 26-09-2019, 03:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
I’d say a pretty strong road sign right there for those who are interested in the path of Light and Honor,
JL
I agree with you too JL. FYI, for what it may be worth to you, I 'see' Greenslade as also being on "the path of Light and Honor", albeit 'quirkily' at times.

We all come to "the path of Light and Honor" in different ways, IOW, referencing those of us who do!
Old 26-09-2019, 03:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siemens
We are souls that deliberately incarnated on this planet to make experiences that are possible only in the physis. Does it even make sense to lead a spiritual life, focus on spiritual themes, and practice spiritual techniques like meditation, when we, as souls, incarnated in the physis with the intention to experience the physis? Shouldn’t we rather be focused on material things?

Aren’t these spiritual activities things that we could do when we are dead and in the beyond? I mean, for what reason did we incarnate in the physis when we then orient ourselves back toward the non-physis were we actually came from?

Since we can be spiritual when we are in the beyond, wouldn’t it be much more plausible to utilize the material life for material experiences? Shouldn’t we here on earth focus on consumerism, worldly pleasure, ego, individualism, and occupational success - or why do we even incarnate?
What is the difference between these two people..

Person #1- Eats dead animal flesh, gets wasted every Saturday night and argues loudly with wife/husband until 3am Sunday morning, dumps mattresses, broken toys and rubbish in the council park across the street, spends a lot of time on Instagram and Snapchat posting doctored "selfies" just for the "likes", gets to yard sales at 5am and waits for 4 hours until the yard sale starts, just so they won't miss out on getting anything that another person could ever possibly want, doesn't believe in God, Spirituality etc, has absolutely no faith/belief in anything other than material wealth, status, being right, getting laid, choice cuts of steak, judging/criticising others, believing everybody and everything is separate and those who believe in all that supernatural 'woo woo' are pretty much insane, naive or gullible.

Person #2 - sees person #1 and shudders...they know, they understand they are nothing like them..they have different priorities and interests in life with less focus on all of the mindless self indulgence, with less focus on "taking" and more focus on "giving", who won't go out of their way to inconvenience others for their personal enjoyment. They can see the beauty in all nature and are grateful for small mercies, instead of taking them all for granted..they prefer to put wholesome, nourishing foods into their body and treat others with respect, including Mother Earth, they can see the interconnectivity of all life and believe in a power greater than themselves, which is of their own understanding and are tolerant of all people.

Now, there must be a word, term or phrase that distinguishes person #1 from Person #2.

Whatever word is used to describe the #2 person is just a word..."awake/aware" or "in touch" or "spiritual" so as to delineate themselves from person #1 - "asleep", "ignorant", "materialistic", "superficial", "banal"..

Even though human beings are animals, what is it that sets humans apart from other animals? Sentience! yet, how many people on this planet today are actually sentient or self-aware? I am not referring to a sense of "I" as in "I want" because even a dog has that when it buries a bone. I am sure animals incarnate to enjoy their existence...yet, are we any better than a glorified chimpanzee who cannot understand that certain actions produce certain consequences in the long term?

This is my personal take on it and no doubt many others may disagree, but I am not here to argue, defend my point or elaborate whatsoever...I have developed this thing about giving others any egotistical satisfaction at my expense..which, I guess is my own form of "self preservation". I am not saying that I am right or wrong...all I am saying is that I just can't be ar$ed to do so anymore, so take it or leave it.
Old 26-09-2019, 04:43 AM
janielee

Quote:
I agree with you too JL. FYI, for what it may be worth to you, I 'see' Greenslade as also being on "the path of Light and Honor", albeit 'quirkily' at times.

We all come to "the path of Light and Honor" in different ways, IOW, referencing those of us who do!

Yes you’re right, very fair points. Thanks for the correction,

JL
Old 26-09-2019, 04:44 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
What is the difference between these two people..

Person #1- Eats dead animal flesh, gets wasted every Saturday night and argues loudly with wife/husband until 3am Sunday morning, dumps mattresses, broken toys and rubbish in the council park across the street, spends a lot of time on Instagram and Snapchat posting doctored "selfies" just for the "likes", gets to yard sales at 5am and waits for 4 hours until the yard sale starts, just so they won't miss out on getting anything that another person could ever possibly want, doesn't believe in God, Spirituality etc, has absolutely no faith/belief in anything other than material wealth, status, being right, getting laid, choice cuts of steak, judging/criticising others, believing everybody and everything is separate and those who believe in all that supernatural 'woo woo' are pretty much insane, naive or gullible.

Person #2 - sees person #1 and shudders...they know, they understand they are nothing like them..they have different priorities and interests in life with less focus on all of the mindless self indulgence, with less focus on "taking" and more focus on "giving", who won't go out of their way to inconvenience others for their personal enjoyment. They can see the beauty in all nature and are grateful for small mercies, instead of taking them all for granted..they prefer to put wholesome, nourishing foods into their body and treat others with respect, including Mother Earth, they can see the interconnectivity of all life and believe in a power greater than themselves, which is of their own understanding and are tolerant of all people.

Now, there must be a word, term or phrase that distinguishes person #1 from Person #2.

Whatever word is used to describe the #2 person is just a word..."awake/aware" or "in touch" or "spiritual" so as to delineate themselves from person #1 - "asleep", "ignorant", "materialistic", "superficial", "banal"..

Even though human beings are animals, what is it that sets humans apart from other animals? Sentience! yet, how many people on this planet today are actually sentient or self-aware? I am not referring to a sense of "I" as in "I want" because even a dog has that when it buries a bone. I am sure animals incarnate to enjoy their existence...yet, are we any better than a glorified chimpanzee who cannot understand that certain actions produce certain consequences in the long term?

This is my personal take on it and no doubt many others may disagree, but I am not here to argue, defend my point or elaborate whatsoever...I have developed this thing about giving others any egotistical satisfaction at my expense..which, I guess is my own form of "self preservation". I am not saying that I am right or wrong...all I am saying is that I just can't be ar$ed to do so anymore, so take it or leave it.

Thanks Shivani Devi,
Old 26-09-2019, 06:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Perhaps the greatest respect we can give to the greats is to embody their teachings and not use them as a way of demeaning others in order to gain an illusionary Spiritual acumen.
GREAT OBSERVATION
But then...... some people love pointing their finger at others probably because they have nothing better to do.
SAD

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Closed Thread