Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 22-07-2014, 11:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
But I don't agree that humans are naturally flawed or sinful.
Belief in humans beings as flawed and sinful, is a spiritually-flawed belief, as well as an insult and affront to the benevolent universe that has provided us with this miraculous thing called life. People who hold such beliefs are in fact sinning against the spirit of love. Which makes them flawed and sinful in a very real way and from one perspective. They're absolutely correct in other words.

Last edited by Baile : 22-07-2014 at 12:55 PM.
Old 22-07-2014, 02:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by good day
There are no lies in the bible, that was your interpretation.
I know you are too young to understand.

This is just a sad sad statement here.

Might I remind you that this is JUST YOUR BELIEF, that there are no lies in the bible. To YOU there may not be, but to others there may be.
Who is actually to know the truth?

Some people believe the bible is God Breathed, I on the other hand can not fathom that an all knowing, intelligent loving being would have written the bible or breathed it.

So we choose to agree to disagree.
Old 22-07-2014, 02:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillness_Speaks
They are uh? Do you have any numbers? Please present those numbers. It should be more than 51% then, right?

About 99% of the Christians I know, and I KNOW ALOT. So, therefore it becomes a fact to me. :)
Old 22-07-2014, 02:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Belief in humans beings as flawed and sinful, is a spiritually-flawed belief, as well as an insult and affront to the benevolent universe that has provided us with this miraculous thing called life. People who hold such beliefs are in fact sinning against the spirit of love. Which makes them flawed and sinful in a very real way and from one perspective. They're absolutely correct in other words.

I agree with this completely and its so sad that the church teaches how unworthy we are. I don't want my little girl or my son to ever think that they are unworthy of love, or that they are sinful awful creatures by nature.
I want my daughter to look in the mirror and see just how beautiful she is BECAUSE she was created by an awesome creator, and MAYBE if she is taught to know her worth and value she will learn to love herself in a way that ripples through to those around her through compassion and kindnes.

We are worthy because we were created in the image of, AND the kingdom lives within us, therefor we are a temple.
Old 22-07-2014, 04:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatd
I agree with this completely and its so sad that the church teaches how unworthy we are. I don't want my little girl or my son to ever think that they are unworthy of love, or that they are sinful awful creatures by nature.
Yes Jatd, exactly that, well put. Belief that human beings are flawed and sinful, is in fact anti-Christ consciousness. Any unloving belief is anti-Christ. This is the true understanding of anti-Christ. Anti-Christ is not a being, Anti-Christ is not coming in the future. Anti-Christ is here, now, in the form of any and all human belief and behavior that is not Christ-filled; that is not love.
Old 22-07-2014, 04:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Yes Jatd, exactly that, well put. Belief that human beings are flawed and sinful, is in fact anti-Christ consciousness. Any unloving belief is anti-Christ. This is the true understanding of anti-Christ. Anti-Christ is not a being, Anti-Christ is not coming in the future. Anti-Christ is here, now, in the form of any and all human belief and behavior that is not Christ-filled; that is not love.

I believe this as well. Not a being, not a someone. But an ego centered people, or action.
It seems we are surrounded by it.
Old 22-07-2014, 04:43 PM
Deactivated Account

I agree with all of the above points. It's like how 'devil' has been misinterpreted as a guy with horns coming to haunt you in the night. When really it's just your own hell on earth that you've made yourself with the help of your out of control shadow-ego. It's easy to cast the blame though to an imaginary creature. That way we're not responsible for ourselves, because obviously that's a hard thing to be.
Old 22-07-2014, 04:50 PM
Stillness_Speaks

Quote:
It's easy to cast the blame though to an imaginary creature. That way we're not responsible for ourselves, because obviously that's a hard thing to be.

Yes. Some cast the blame on an imaginary creature and some cast the blame on christianity or even worse "religion". Maybe it is time to be responsible for ourselves? And not go outside and blame, blame, blame. Them, they, bla bla.
Old 22-07-2014, 05:05 PM
Master
Quote:
I agree with all of the above points. It's like how 'devil' has been misinterpreted as a guy with horns coming to haunt you in the night.
Old 22-07-2014, 05:05 PM
Molearner

Quote:
I agree with all of the above points. It's like how 'devil' has been misinterpreted as a guy with horns coming to haunt you in the night. When really it's just your own hell on earth that you've made yourself with the help of your out of control shadow-ego. It's easy to cast the blame though to an imaginary creature. That way we're not responsible for ourselves, because obviously that's a hard thing to be.

And I agree with you...:) For some crazy reason people want to personify the devil. In doing that, you give the devil an identity outside of yourself and no longer examine yourself within. The devil that tempted Jesus is the same devil that tempts us.........it is an inner voice speaking to us and our dilemma, as always, is choosing which way to go. If the devil that tempted Jesus was a physical being the Bible would have described him.