Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 11-04-2011, 06:43 AM
kabash

How Caffeinated liquids effect REIKI

Caffeinated liquids
This group includes coffee, caffeinated tea, guarana, yerba mate, etc. These beverages contain caffeine or, in the case of yerba mate, xanthine, a drug similar to caffeine. Their consumption can cause temporary alertness and memory improvement along with a lift in mood and an increase in energy. Positive effects certainly, but they are created by causing a distortion in the way the nervous system functions.
The imbalances they create have an overall effect of draining the nerve cells of important chemicals that are necessary for the transmission of higher quality Reiki.
These imbalances cause some people to feel nervous and jittery and even cause heart palpitations, especially with higher doses. While a person may feel “high” from the drinks, the “high” is taking place in only one part of the nervous system and the overall effect is to lower one’s vibration.
Note that as soon as caffeine or any drug enters the body, the wisdom of the body recognizes it as an undesirable substance and immediately begins to remove it through the liver and kidneys. These drinks create distortions in the natural balance of one’s system and short-circuit one’s ability to channel higher frequency Reiki energy.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabash
Caffeinated liquids
This group includes coffee, caffeinated tea, guarana, yerba mate, etc. These beverages contain caffeine or, in the case of yerba mate, xanthine, a drug similar to caffeine. Their consumption can cause temporary alertness and memory improvement along with a lift in mood and an increase in energy. Positive effects certainly, but they are created by causing a distortion in the way the nervous system functions.
The imbalances they create have an overall effect of draining the nerve cells of important chemicals that are necessary for the transmission of higher quality Reiki.
These imbalances cause some people to feel nervous and jittery and even cause heart palpitations, especially with higher doses. While a person may feel “high” from the drinks, the “high” is taking place in only one part of the nervous system and the overall effect is to lower one’s vibration.
Note that as soon as caffeine or any drug enters the body, the wisdom of the body recognizes it as an undesirable substance and immediately begins to remove it through the liver and kidneys. These drinks create distortions in the natural balance of one’s system and short-circuit one’s ability to channel higher frequency Reiki energy.

I have never had this happen. I trust my body to deal with things like caffeine. I would say that if caffeine causes trouble channeling any kind of energy, just bypass the body all together. Channel energy directly from Source into your subject. Don't be so quick to accept limitations.
Old 24-04-2011, 03:29 PM
Knower
I'm gonna have to agree with athribiristan, 'cause I can't not drink caffeine on my schedule. My biorhythms are a little strange, I'm naturally awake from about noon to early morning, instead of morning to night. So I kinda live off coffee.
Old 24-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Master
Everybody's different, for example, I love coffee, but can't drink it 'straight' so I add green tea to it, almost half tea half coffee, along with flavored creamers so the full blast of caffeine like those who frequent Starbuck's (around here in so cal), ugh, can't stand their coffee anyway. My mother loved coffee, but she was far more sensitive to the caffeine than I, so she drank Sanka and then only in the morning. So it varies widely how it will affect individuals, I wouldn't say you should ban it altogether...

Old 04-05-2011, 05:50 AM
CuriousVagabond

I'm just beginning to learn of Reiki, so I don't hold much understanding or knowledge to it. I've began feeling an urge to heal, so I've healed my boyfriends headache and my Mothers stomach ache. Could it have been the power of thought, or the energy through me? I'm not sure. I claim it is an energy running through me, because that's what I feel is true. I am extremely sensitive to any medication or drug. I find when I take ibuprofen that the high frequency in my head goes away. When I take caffeine, whether it be coffee or midol, I feel completely off whack, weak and shaky with a feel that my energies become low. I guess to each their own, though. Everybody's body is different.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:59 AM
Deactivated Account
I've given Reiki healing, I also drink vast amounts of quite strong coffee, 10+ cups a day sometimes, i've had no negative effects, the people I have given Reiki healing to have not reported any negative effects, everyone's experience is different.

Spiritual Inspiration

The forum for seekers everywhere...
Old 15-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Bani

I have personally never had caffeine affect me that way, although I am sure some do. ;)
Old 15-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Medium_Laura

Caffeine affects me greatly and I do agree that it can block my receptors if I drink too much. I've switched to decaf or 1/2 and 1/2. Chocolate is my worst, yet I crave it (being a woman lol). I notice that I am more "muddy" during the times I consume too much caffeine.