Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 23-11-2010, 05:24 AM
LadyImpreza1111

Yeah. I hear ya. I considered myself a failure when it came to the opposite sex for a while now but when you meet your twin flame, what you feel for them...........or rather what you used to feel for guys/girls in the past can't even scratch the surface for what you feel for your twin. Its just.............unreal. The difference is staggering.

Yeah. You are in love with them but its deeper, purer, and definitely spiritual because it defies time and space. Its so different. And beautiful.
Old 23-11-2010, 05:27 AM
mahakali

well then, i haven't read this whole thread, but i will tomorrow, its too late now and i must be headed to bed but 17years i feel similar to you, it has been 5 years sense my TF and i parted and Ive had sex maybe 3 times in the past 3 years, I seriously contemplated becoming a hermit and seeking enlightenment the way that Siddhartha did.

i did meet another that warmed my heart dearly but he too is a scared little runaway lol. Id be willing to give it a go with him but the connection is only maybe 60% of my TF's, but that's still saying saying a lot. he makes me belly laugh non stop when we talk and completes my sentences with the same dry type humor as mine. maybe there will be another like this. At least i know what true love is now and will die alone before i settle for less.

17years, going veg makes me feel awesome everyday, looking into the sweet eyes of an animal holds no traces of guilt for me anymore. i love my furry creature siblings!
Old 23-11-2010, 05:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaZen
I am in agreement with psychoslice on this debate about TF's and SM's and I see him completely differently than what anima wrote about him. I do not wish to put words in his mouth, but I do not think he has anything against romantic love and expressing love towards another. He was just merely stating that the priority is to find the love within oneself first, then to look to another to express that love with who has also found the love within themselves. When there is a large number of men and women who can fit this criteria of finding the love within, then there are many candidates who can qualify as a "soulmate" not just one unique person in the whole universe.

Unfortunately, not many have found the love within themselves so when it happens between those who have, it must feel like "she is the one for me! my soulmate! my twin flame!"

Quote:

The whole concept of "soulmates" IMO is not so much in finding that one "individual" but of reaching that level of spirituality that psychoslice speaks of and to be able express the love he speaks of with another who is at the same level. Its about what is within, not who you are with.
He was addressing the mentality of "there is only one prince/princess in the world that can fulfill me and we need to find each other to complete each other, make a lifetime committment and live happily ever after". Nothing wrong with it if that is your desire and level, but I must say that I find that very quaint and naive as well.

The only exception to this I can see is if 2 souls agree before coming to this life to experience love and spend their lives together but I dont feel this happens often. If this is the case, I believe that they will not have a difficult time finding one another and re-incarnate appropriately to make it happen.
Quote:
To obsess about searching for your TF or your SM is exactly that, an obsession

Ah SeaZen...thank you! I'm so glad slice and I aren't the only ones to see this all differently
Old 23-11-2010, 05:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie.b
SeaZen....SeaZen....SeaZen........i am a 43yr old woman who until january of this year never believed in the concept of soulmates & didn't even know what a twin flame was. i am a married woman & in the past, led a very 'colourful' life so naive i certainly am not!!!
in january i 'connected' with someone on such an immense spiritual level that the experience near on drove me insane. we both recognised one another instantly & the mind meld was so strong we could finish each others sentences & when chatting on the net we would type the same sentence at exactly the same time.
i wasn't looking for him & he wasn't looking for me so how is that explained???

Lots of similarities to my own experience
Old 23-11-2010, 05:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyImpreza1111
Yeah. I hear ya. I considered myself a failure when it came to the opposite sex for a while now but when you meet your twin flame, what you feel for them...........or rather what you used to feel for guys/girls in the past can't even scratch the surface for what you feel for your twin. Its just.............unreal. The difference is staggering.

Yeah. You are in love with them but its deeper, purer, and definitely spiritual because it defies time and space. Its so different. And beautiful.

I don't see how it's reasonable to place one relationship more high than another and I suspect 'twin flamers' do this, but everyone in love feels 'unreal' and that it's so different to anything else.

I think people fall in love and some call it 'twin flame'. Everyone thinks their love is extra special and really it is.
Old 23-11-2010, 06:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I don't see how it's reasonable to place one relationship more high than another and I suspect 'twin flamers' do this, but everyone in love feels 'unreal' and that it's so different to anything else.

I think people fall in love and some call it 'twin flame'. Everyone thinks their love is extra special and really it is.

Because Gem, the experiences of this type of relationship are about acknowledging your own soul. That's all they are...and call it what you like, tf or sm...the naming of it (for purposes of catagorising) does not change the dynamics of the relationship.

Because, the experience we talk of, is the soul completing itself through the dynamics of a partner who also stands at this level of its soul completeness. And when two the same come together...the purpose is to complete the last leg of its journey and for both to uphold the Higher Good and share that out.

Because, those seeking a tf relationship are most likely not where they need to be for this to happen and see it mostly as a fairytale romance (ughhh...now i'm gonna get my a****e kicked for saying that)...you don't pick tf's out...they pick you..when your ready and have done the work.

Because, until you journey to find your soul and reach its pinnacle, you will not mirror it back to you (which is where the so-called "tf" comes in).

And until one experiences this (as debbie b's own experience has shown to be true) Gem, you will NEVER get what all the blah-blah is about on this type of relationship.
Its not about the relationship with another...its about the relationship with your soul.
Old 23-11-2010, 06:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxinggregger0
after my journey of exploration , pain and suffering with the concept of twinflame , this post explains it all ,along with experiental experience

Then you understand and all I can say to you and for you is "Bless you"
Old 23-11-2010, 10:40 AM
17 yrs of separation

one love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjdyOY3rCjs
Old 23-11-2010, 01:16 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Hi Anima, I think you have a point but your completely missing the point that I have been pointing to all along, of course there is nothing wrong with being with your so called soul or twin partner, all I am saying is don't stop there, don't keep building a story about how madly in love you are and all the other story's I hear on SF. This supposedly is your ticket to true Awakening, if its not then their not your true so called soul or twin partner, their just like everyones else's partner. You yourself may be a genuine partner and what I have to say may not be for you, so if this is true why would you want to attack what I say or defend your believe system, wouldn't you want others here to have some understanding of what the true meaning behind these partners are ?, that they will over come their necrotic ideas of their partner and move onto their Realization of why they have meant in the first place. If you don't like it or not we are still animals and we still have our animal instincts, they maybe more refined and a lot more emotion attached but there still instincts. Realization is when we Awaken to our true SELF, this SELF is found to be the same SELF as everyone else's, what I am saying is when this clicks within you, then the story that brought you together, the story of twin and soul partners has served its purpose. Now if you have read carefully what I have said you will see that i never said that you should leave each other and become a hermit, which if that is what you want then there is nothing wrong with that also, but of course you can stay together but now as I have said over and over, you are now true lovers, not together to just achieve something, thats already been achieved, you are now together because you both have nothing to take but to only give.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
How come one who understands so little seems to lecture so much, the attempt to idealize relationships is just futile. Maybe bringing up kids is an acheivement and sharing is give and take.

I mean really... why not just accept these idealisms are not functional in practice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyImpreza1111
I'm alot more likely to listen to those who have walked in my shoes like many people here as opposed to others who might not necessarily understand what I'm experiencing but thinks they know how we should live our lives or how we should think.

I agree with you two.

Theories soul connections stand upon may be idealised, and while some of us accept that and don't hang onto labels, you seem to do just that. You label us as looking for princesses and princes charming, not looking beyond romantic love, unaware of our inner self. You don't seem to understand that a thing that to an outsider may seem like something is not neccessarily it - that's YOUR perspective on it, and while you may be knowledgeable, even you said you don't have a direct soul connection experience to draw from. The reason why I defend is because I believe things you say to someone confused and in the eye of the storm of the soul connection experience probably won't be helpful, because it's just going to another idealised extreme. Like I said, BOTH sides of the story are important to corporate into it. Your talks of SELF is a fine suggestion in theory, and I really do agree with most of the things you say, but I don't see monologs in that form helping people much in practice. It often comes off as patronising and turns people off before they have a chance to really read into what you are saying. Understand what I mean? I believe these things are rarely to never achieved while we are in human form, and some compromises in life and relationships are bound to happen. I suggest a bit softer approach - not because we want you to beat around the bush and kiss our behinds so to speak, but because of this: if we should be completely open to your view of our own experience, then you should also accept that some of us that are actually going through it might have a different take on it; or in my particular case, pretty much the SAME take with a slightly different spin.

Regards,

Anima
Old 23-11-2010, 01:36 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaZen
I am in agreement with psychoslice on this debate about TF's and SM's and I see him completely differently than what anima wrote about him. I do not wish to put words in his mouth, but I do not think he has anything against romantic love and expressing love towards another. He was just merely stating that the priority is to find the love within oneself first, then to look to another to express that love with who has also found the love within themselves. When there is a large number of men and women who can fit this criteria of finding the love within, then there are many candidates who can qualify as a "soulmate" not just one unique person in the whole universe.

Unfortunately, not many have found the love within themselves so when it happens between those who have, it must feel like "she is the one for me! my soulmate! my twin flame!"

The whole concept of "soulmates" IMO is not so much in finding that one "individual" but of reaching that level of spirituality that psychoslice speaks of and to be able express the love he speaks of with another who is at the same level. Its about what is within, not who you are with.

He was addressing the mentality of "there is only one prince/princess in the world that can fulfill me and we need to find each other to complete each other, make a lifetime committment and live happily ever after". Nothing wrong with it if that is your desire and level, but I must say that I find that very quaint and naive as well.

The only exception to this I can see is if 2 souls agree before coming to this life to experience love and spend their lives together but I dont feel this happens often. If this is the case, I believe that they will not have a difficult time finding one another and re-incarnate appropriately to make it happen. To obsess about searching for your TF or your SM is exactly that, an obsession.

I see exactly what you mean, SeaZen, and I agree, but my particular issue with Psychoslice's posts is not his theories as much as his approach - he ALWAYS addesses the same "in love" mentality, no matter what the story, and to me that is very generalising. The same talk every time means you are not taking time to respond to individual story and give practical advice, but you're taking another chance to stirr the thread with your opinion presented often in a sarcastic manner. Advice needs to be given CONSIDERING the state a person is in and the relationship dynamics, NOT downplaying it all by default. And most of the people that come here are not in obsessive searching - the soul connection experience has already found them with all of its hardships, and they are simply trying to deal with it. Also, most are aware they should let go, but just attacking something they are trying to work through is only going to make them defensive and is going to take away from the process of self-acceptance, instead of helping them reach that balanced state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
Because Gem, the experiences of this type of relationship are about acknowledging your own soul. That's all they are...and call it what you like, tf or sm...the naming of it (for purposes of catagorising) does not change the dynamics of the relationship.

Because, the experience we talk of, is the soul completing itself through the dynamics of a partner who also stands at this level of its soul completeness. And when two the same come together...the purpose is to complete the last leg of its journey and for both to uphold the Higher Good and share that out.

Because, those seeking a tf relationship are most likely not where they need to be for this to happen and see it mostly as a fairytale romance (ughhh...now i'm gonna get my a****e kicked for saying that)...you don't pick tf's out...they pick you..when your ready and have done the work.

Because, until you journey to find your soul and reach its pinnacle, you will not mirror it back to you (which is where the so-called "tf" comes in).

And until one experiences this (as debbie b's own experience has shown to be true) Gem, you will NEVER get what all the blah-blah is about on this type of relationship.
Its not about the relationship with another...its about the relationship with your soul.

A great post. You, NightSpirit, seem to have a dual approach I can completely agree with.

Anima

Last edited by Anima : 23-11-2010 at 02:30 PM.