Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 26-02-2015, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony c
Hi Mam
Could you please explain what Human is talking about between the thoughts??
What type of meditation do u do and suggest i do to do real meditation??
I really want to do it right please.
My goal is to be a better person,get closer to GOD and to beat my shyness and concentrate better.
Please could u help me
Thanks Mam
Well, we'll let Human post you.

Well, can there be a right and wrong? I dunno...would
something suit you better, maybe...and even that could change later.

I think it is easy to say be comfortable, relax, set your intention,( you said
you want to get closer to God, excellent! Anything else after that falls into place.)...
focus on your breath...enjoy what you see with your eyes closed...enjoy
the inner sounds that you hear...
keep your heart pure...if you must have a thought while sitting in stillness...gently
let your thought be this..."I know You are there....
I will sit and wait for You.
I will keep myself peaceful and make a place in my heart for You....
I know You will come when there is room for You to come and when I have quieted myself...
I will stay and wait...
I know You are there."

Peacefully with baited breath...wait....never be disappointed...
He will come in 3 weeks, in 6 months...doesn't matter...enjoy the longing...afterall, He does.

Thoughts that distract you, shew away like a fly.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-02-2015, 09:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

you want to get closer to God, excellent! Anything else after that falls into place.)...
keep your heart pure...if you must have a thought while sitting in stillness...gently
I know You will come when there is room for You to come and when I have quieted myself...
I will stay and wait...
I know You are there."

He will come in 3 weeks, in 6 months...doesn't matter...enjoy the longing...afterall, He does.

Just wanted to say...the capitals in your post...love them...I'm a big fan of God.
Old 26-02-2015, 09:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Hi Mam
Could you please explain what Human is talking about between the thoughts??
What type of meditation do u do and suggest i do to do real meditation??
I really want to do it right please.
My goal is to be a better person,get closer to GOD and to beat my shyness and concentrate better.
Please could u help me
Thanks Mam

Living Unbound: Gap Technique

In the empty space which separates two instants of awareness, radiant spatiality is revealed.

When you have breathed in or out completely, when the breath movement stops on its own, in this universal lull, the thought of “me” disappears.

-Vijnana Bhairava Tantra

The Gap between thoughts is a very powerful technique. My website shares this technique thanks to a friend of mine. Kashmir Shaivism is considered on par with Dzogchen as an advanced system.

How powerful is this technique?

The yogic science of Kashmir Shaivism originally produced only a handful of total volumes outlining its teachings and techniques, in 8th through 12th century Kashmir. Only one volume was devoted solely to techniques. Only one technique is described in this volume: the gap technique, described above. The full volume simply offers one-hundred and twelve variations on this single technique. The volume is called the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra; the “Volume on Knowing Unity”.

With all that being said. It is a very advanced technique. One that will just naturally happen on it's own when you are ready. Don't worry about the gap. Just relax, observe your breath twice a day for at least 20 mins and before long you will start to notice positive changes in your life.
Old 27-02-2015, 04:30 AM
Master
Never be distracted from your way.
Old 27-02-2015, 04:44 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Hi Human
Is the awareness that you feel is that myself is that what you saying?
How should i notice that between the thoughts?
I stop my thoughts like in the middle of the thought i notice it and i just there and then go back to be aware of my breathing.

Hey Anthony,
Yes your awareness is you, at least currently. Hmm I'm finding this really hard to explain. Your thoughts are you too. They are of you. Your awareness includes thought. You have to realize that there is actually space within your awareness, like it exists in your body. When you think, your consciousness is changing. We identify so completely with our thoughts that we hardly ever notice what happens the instant before we think or during for that matter.

Ok, how's this, you aren't actually stopping the thought, you're just noticing what's generating it in the first place. You immediately then should notice expansion within your awareness.

This is also an important distinction, you have to realize that thought actually has a form, like it actually has a weight or mass.

Just keep at it Anthony. You will understand, you are constantly being guided by yourself.
Old 27-02-2015, 07:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Human
Hey Anthony,
Yes your awareness is you, at least currently. Hmm I'm finding this really hard to explain. Your thoughts are you too. They are of you. Your awareness includes thought. You have to realize that there is actually space within your awareness, like it exists in your body. When you think, your consciousness is changing. We identify so completely with our thoughts that we hardly ever notice what happens the instant before we think or during for that matter.

Ok, how's this, you aren't actually stopping the thought, you're just noticing what's generating it in the first place. You immediately then should notice expansion within your awareness.

This is also an important distinction, you have to realize that thought actually has a form, like it actually has a weight or mass.

Just keep at it Anthony. You will understand, you are constantly being guided by yourself.
Thanks
I kinda have a clue what you saying and will continue to meditate and try to notice what you said.
Thanks
Old 27-02-2015, 07:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

I will stay and wait...
I know You are there."

Thanks Miss Hepburn
What you said is awesome and will try that too.
I do get in a state with mindfulness were my mind is in stillness
and i can ask the Lord to come and i will wait for GOD.