Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 04-08-2014, 09:07 PM
Master
mantra meditation

Hey guy's
I am looking for advice on mantra meditation for beginners
What mantras work best for concentrating on and how your breath should flow
When u say the mantra.

Can i use a mantra with low alpha brainwave or Theta binaural beats?
I have a noisy people living next door so it blocks them out.
Then i say the mantra silently over and over with binaural beats.
Does anyone have a great guided meditation on you tube cause i am battling
with my i am mantra meditation.

thanks
Old 05-08-2014, 06:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony c
Hey guy's
When u say the mantra.

thanks

I remember your post on body scan, and I thought that was a decent method. (The other comment on your post was about not breath because you can't control the breath).

As a result of making the thread, people came there and suggested that you do this or do that, and you decided on I Am mantra, but as it turns out, this was merely a distraction from the practice you were already doing, and now you find it isn't effective in your case.

I don't suggest practices for the reason that I know it can be distracting in this way, so all I can say is, that body scan is fine. It's a good solid meditation method, and it's your way.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:02 PM
Master
This will teach you how to use the mantra.

Lesson 13 - Meditation -- Awakening the Silent Seed
Old 05-08-2014, 07:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I remember your post on body scan, and I thought that was a decent method. (The other comment on your post was about not breath because you can't control the breath).

As a result of making the thread, people came there and suggested that you do this or do that, and you decided on I Am mantra, but as it turns out, this was merely a distraction from the practice you were already doing, and now you find it isn't effective in your case.

I don't suggest practices for the reason that I know it can be distracting in this way, so all I can say is, that body scan is fine. It's a good solid meditation method, and it's your way.

Hi Gem
Guilty as charged.
The thing is i heard that mantra meditation is easier to master even though
i did not master nothing.The 2nd time i done the mantra med. i felt very alert
for 3 hours after med that is why i wanted to cont. the mantra med but never got it right again.It did not happen with the body scan med.
I are right i got distracted and can't get a mantra med that i can get right.
Maybe one day i will try mantra meditation when i am better at meditating.

Thanks Jonesboy
That's the one i am doing what i learned from you but i am def. doing something wrong.I am getting frustrated cause i keep following the mantra
and don't go off it like its stuck in my head but i do think i am not doing it right and can't get it out of my head.I don't know how to just follow it lightly and what do i think about otherwise wile following it lightly.

Thanks
Old 05-08-2014, 11:06 PM
Master
Hi Anthony,

Please correctly me if I am wrong but it sounds like you are saying that you have the mantra in the background and at the same time you are worrying about doing it right at the same time.
The mantra is the focus, the primary thought/feeling. If it is in the background while you are thinking about something else, that is not meditation.

The trick really is to let go. Let go of all of the worry about doing it right or any physical posture concerns. Let go of how it should feel/experience or how "deep" it may be.
You had a really cool experience when you first started it. So did I, but we can't expect to feel that way everyday right from the start. Consistency does that!

You are doing great! Just say "I AM" at whatever pace, loud or soft, don't worry about it. Just let go/relax and think "I AM".
When you notice you are not thinking "I AM" i.e. am I doing this right, I am saying it to loud/ to fast/ to slow. Just gently go back to "I AM".

Your ego will come up with many reasons for you not to do something or why something is to hard. It is just a thought, ignore it and go back to "I AM".
Remember to give yourself time. There is no rush, once you start adding in Pranayama remember to self pace. Things will both speed up and smooth out.

Check out Yogaman's blog. He has done a great job of detailing his practice experiences and the change in the quality of his life in only 9 months has been amazing.
Old 06-08-2014, 06:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Hi Anthony,

Please correctly me if I am wrong but it sounds like you are saying that you have the mantra in the background and at the same time you are worrying about doing it right at the same time.
The mantra is the focus, the primary thought/feeling. If it is in the background while you are thinking about something else, that is not meditation.

The trick really is to let go. Let go of all of the worry about doing it right or any physical posture concerns. Let go of how it should feel/experience or how "deep" it may be.
You had a really cool experience when you first started it. So did I, but we can't expect to feel that way everyday right from the start. Consistency does that!

You are doing great! Just say "I AM" at whatever pace, loud or soft, don't worry about it. Just let go/relax and think "I AM".
When you notice you are not thinking "I AM" i.e. am I doing this right, I am saying it to loud/ to fast/ to slow. Just gently go back to "I AM".

Your ego will come up with many reasons for you not to do something or why something is to hard. It is just a thought, ignore it and go back to "I AM".
Remember to give yourself time. There is no rush, once you start adding in Pranayama remember to self pace. Things will both speed up and smooth out.

Check out Yogaman's blog. He has done a great job of detailing his practice experiences and the change in the quality of his life in only 9 months has been amazing.

Hi Jonesboy
Thanks for your time.
Yes u got it right lolll.I thought they said concentrate lightly on I AM while just being gently on I AM so that u cant loose it easy cause that's the point.I knew i was doing something wrong cause it was very hard.
Don't know what i done the 2nd time but it worked.I thought the mantra in a curtain place in my mind when i meditated and after i just thought in the same place without meditating and was alert for 3 hours after.
Yeah i know u heard the story but it was so amazing i cant stop telling it.

Last few questions:
Do u have to say the mantra softly or think it?
Do u say just I AM or I AMMMMM OR HOW??
Thanks again i will start tomorrow again
GOD bless
Old 06-08-2014, 07:14 PM
Experiencer
I would suggest verbally versus mentally. If you verbalize a mantra it brings it to the physical level and has the most impact. You can say it how ever you are comfortable saying it.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:14 PM
Master
You think it.

How you think it fast or slow or long doesn't matter. The sanskrit word is AYUM. Think about how you would say/think AYUM. That should give you an idea of the pace.

Other than that DONT worry about it. Just let it be.

Good luck!
Old 07-08-2014, 06:19 AM
Master
Thanks for all your post
GOD bless
Old 07-08-2014, 07:41 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony c
Hey guy's
When u say the mantra.

thanks

Hi Anthony,

I've been meditating for over twenty years for astral projection. I use a visualization that works every time. I'm totally wired for visualization meditation. I love that I astral project every day. That's great, right? No, because although I enjoy the experience and seek it out, it ceases to become meditation. It's astral projection. I wanted a daily meditation aside from astral projecting, but everything I tried sent me into a projection EXCEPT a mantra meditation, which I've added and have been doing everyday for the last ten or so years. At first it was a huge struggle to reset my brain and get good concentration. I've used this analogy before but I'll say it again. The neural connections in my brain...the visualization process, for me, is like a vast river. After so long meditating this way for astral projection was easy. Mantra meditation, at first, was like a tiny stream that I cut through very slowly, struggling to move forward. Those neural connections, that way of quieting myself was really difficult. Over the last ten years that stream has become a river through practice and dedicating myself to knowing that I NEEDED a meditation for myself that wouldn't send me shooting off into a projection. It takes time, and diligence, and patience to quiet yourself in a new way. You have to stick with it. If you're thinking about using binaural beats, I'd suggest instead finding an actual mantra meditation to use. YouTube is full of them, and for many people it helps with concentration to add your voice to those of others. It can help to keep you on track in the beginning. It will keep your mind on the mantra and allow you to develop a rythym that works well. Good luck to you.