Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 07-04-2015, 09:00 PM
Knower
Joyce Meyer,Benny Hinn,Creflo Dollar,Joel Osteen,for example.

Does anyone watch God type channels, TBN etc? What do you think of evangelist preaching?

I used to be a big fan of Joyce Meyer many years ago, you name it I got the books, tapes (But not the ‘bumper sticker’, a saying of Joyce’s) until I went to her meeting when she came over from the USA to the Birmingham NEC in the United Kingdom; the ‘live’ meeting opened my eyes compared to when I used to watch Joyce on TV. I was shocked to find her in my experience not as genuine as the TV programmes portrayed. In my opinion.

Do you believe an evangelist places their hands on foreheads, seeming to present instant healing? I wondered if this could be the placebo effect combined with an intense atmosphere of excitement, an environment of thousands mixed with a deep helplessness to seek a cure so badly that a person may become so overwhelmed they fall down from being touched.

That people from audiences claiming a miracle healing just by being seated in the audience! Suddenly after years of being crippled, a man can walk again or being healed from Cancer or any other serious illness?

I wonder if there had been any that have believed so much they had received some form of miracle healing that they believed in so much faith in themselves, became healed?

It just seems so questionable somehow !
Old 07-04-2015, 09:22 PM
Deactivated Account

My mum used to listen to Joyce Meyer, now she listens to Joel Osteen, and I tend to overhear a lot and I quite like what Joel Osteen has to say. His messages are very supportive from what I've heard, not overly fundamental.

No I don't believe in instant healing, I believe it's a placebo, in fact there was a very good show about this a few years ago on tv about how these preachers set everything up to make people believe what they want to- a lot of it is really just about making money and having power, nothing more. Which is sad really.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:47 AM
I just don't get those channels anymore, I paired done and became
more 'TV simple'.

I love 'em all. They are uplifting, supportive, funny and often extremely clear.
Benny Hinn is the only one of that group that I know of that does healings....he loved Kathryn Kuhlman who was the real deal.

Since I was healed at an Andrew Wommack meeting by one of his many 'prayer ministers'...it's the real deal alright.
But, I did study 'whassup with healing' for over a year...as in, why
do some get healed, the next guy, no...or why does one get healed for an hour...another keeps their healing...like me.
So I was prepared...I actually wasn't healed for 5 days afterwards...yet, the whole time I knew I was!!
Never had a doubt, I was beaming for days as
I was still limping and in pain ...I knew it takes a while sometimes to
come down thru the ethers, shall we say.

At the same gathering the next night I was Baptized in the Holy Spirit....the next few days
anyone I touched got healed....the biggy was this hostile, militant, angry atheist....that was cool.

3 years later...went to see a dying acquaintence in the ICU, in a coma , being kept alive on machines...
I was asked to sit with her....before I left, did a healing...
Next morning, she was off all machines, awake, smiling and talking and is still ok today...
I made it clear, 'no brain issues, completely healed head to toe..."

Is it true their is such a thing as healing suddenly?
ahhh....You betcha!
(I have more stories.)
Do some ministers have 'plants' faking it up, tho...probably.

Healing really is not a big deal.
Faith and belief are actual powers...people can call it what they want...
the power of the mind or the grace of the Holy Spirit....
but it is the power that creates worlds...I mean what is more powerful matter or the thing that created it, see?
It's actually pure logic.

PS I saw Joyce for free a few months ago, came to my town...all of a sudden outta no where
she starts talking about HELL! She was very intense about it...I left.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-04-2015, 06:09 AM
Master
All I know is that Benny Hinn has been exposed as a fraud numerous times by many News outlets. You can Youtube interviews that show you. It's frightening what he does and the amount of money like Pat Robertson both have.

Joel Osteen? I like him, He has a warm and positive message. I don't always share his religious beliefs but overall he heals people from their low self-esteem. He is a verbal healer. He speaks things and people feel better and greater about themselves.

Joyce Meyer? I just remember my grandma watching her. She is into a lot of hell-fire, traditional Bible work and salvation. Not my cup of tea, but hey if someone can get something out of it and respond to her, I wouldn't object.

Just stay away from Benny Hinn lol.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:47 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I just don't get those channels anymore, I paired done and became
more 'TV simple'.

I love 'em all. They are uplifting, supportive, funny and often extremely clear.
Benny Hinn is the only one of that group that I know of that does healings....he loved Kathryn Kuhlman who was the real deal.

Since I was healed at an Andrew Wommack meeting by one of his many 'prayer ministers'...it's the real deal alright.
But, I did study 'whassup with healing' for over a year...as in, why
do some get healed, the next guy, no...or why does one get healed for an hour...another keeps their healing...like me.
So I was prepared...I actually wasn't healed for 5 days afterwards...yet, the whole time I knew I was!!
Never had a doubt, I was beaming for days as
I was still limping and in pain ...I knew it takes a while sometimes to
come down thru the ethers, shall we say.

At the same gathering the next night I was Baptized in the Holy Spirit....the next few days
anyone I touched got healed....the biggy was this hostile, militant, angry atheist....that was cool.

3 years later...went to see a dying acquaintence in the ICU, in a coma , being kept alive on machines...
I was asked to sit with her....before I left, did a healing...
Next morning, she was off all machines, awake, smiling and talking and is still ok today...
I made it clear, 'no brain issues, completely healed head to toe..."

Is it true their is such a thing as healing suddenly?
ahhh....You betcha!
(I have more stories.)
Do some ministers have 'plants' faking it up, tho...probably.

Healing really is not a big deal.
Faith and belief are actual powers...people can call it what they want...
the power of the mind or the grace of the Holy Spirit....
but it is the power that creates worlds...I mean what is more powerful matter or the thing that created it, see?
It's actually pure logic.

PS I saw Joyce for free a few months ago, came to my town...all of a sudden outta no where
she starts talking about HELL! She was very intense about it...I left.

Wow Miss Hepburn, thanks for sharing, you must have had a season full of wonderful experiences, I'll bet with amazing stories and the amazing feeling you must have felt .

Since you received healing at an Andrew Wommack meeting are you still like.. healed? In the way you expected.

And that person in a coma, healed. How must you have felt from seeing her the next morning.

Joyce Meyer, yes I agree all hell and the devil, I wasn't too keen on Joyce herself, I felt she was a bit cold and hard in the way she came across.

When I saw Joyce Meyer at Birmingham there must have been a thousand followers all cheering and amening. It was when Joyce came on stage she immediately started saying ' I don't need your money, we have the grace of god to finance us over the world, but I ask you all now to give to the baskets that are coming around you.

Immediately what seemed from no where came these wicker baskets, I saw everyone around me frustratingly getting wad's of cash out , cheques being made out and credit card details being given.

Joyce's tone of voice seemed sharp, and demanding like, it was all so very strange. I came to hear the word, yet the experience was most different as to how she was portrayed on tv.

Now what I wish to share is completely true that to this day I still cannot figure out why....

Suddenly it was like out of no where I had this what seemed like such a loud voice inside me saying ' Go now, this is not what you were meant for', and as if on time, I felt this something lift me from the back of my neck straight up from my seat, I felt myself walking past other people as they were cheering Joyce.

I arrived at the entrance to leave and the staff, about 8 of them seemed like statues they were all just still and staring at me leaving.

The confusing part I could not understand that as I left to walk back across the large carparks, I stood outside the doors awaiting for others to leave also, I could hear the cheers and singing in side, yet not one soul came out.

I walked on further, about every 30 yards or so now away, I stopped each time and looked back, still not one person left?. I stopped on several occasion, outside was so quiet you could hear a pin drop, I was alone in the middle of a car park, waiting, and still no one came out.

I still could hear the cheers and singing getting quiet now from a distance, as I walked across the car parks on my own, so quiet , not a soul in sight, and still no one left that I saw.

I drove off in my car and slowly passed the doors that I felt from, looked out of my window, and the doors remained closed with no one in sight.

I headed home that evening somewhat confused and yet in a somewhat contented and serene mood.

To this day I still think about why no one else left from a full arena in the time that I did. I must have waited for an hour in total.

I thought this was possibly worth sharing where members may wish to shed a light on this. A completely true event.

Its interesting how people have their own experiences with evangelists, yet thousands are still drawn to these people. Joel Osteen seems to be getting some positive thumbs up. I have now moved away from those years, but certainly memorable.

Miss Hepburn's experiences seem a positive experience im sure will always be cherished.
Old 09-04-2015, 01:42 AM
Suspended

Quote:
It was when Joyce came on stage she immediately started saying ' I don't need your money, we have the grace of god to finance us over the world, but I ask you all now to give to the baskets that are coming around you.

Yeah right lol l think Christ had the right description for them

Quote:
Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which on the outside appear beautiful, but inside they are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness.
So you, too, outwardly appear righteous to men, but inwardly you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.

Yeah, benny hinn has been well and truly exposed (he just makes my skin crawl)..
Even if there are some healings, there could be any number of reasons for it. Just because there's a miracle, doesn't mean it's Angels of Light doing it. You don't need Divine Power to perform miracles - even small astral entities have the power to heal etc..and to keep the charade going, they'll pull one off now and then. l'm pretty sure no Divine Power is working through these charlatan's.
When these ppl are slapped in the head, they go down because they're expected to or told to (they don't want to look like a fool do they). Even if there was some power that did it, you can be sure it wasn't a Divine Power.
Movements like evangelism are created and controlled by low occult forces operating from low astral regions which can easily hypnotize and mind-control masses of people..
Fortunately, Sisyphus, you have an awakened Soul which came to the front, and got you out of there..
Whenever l hear some idiot preachig hellfire and damnation for all eternity, my legs have already made a fast exit through the nearest door..
Old 09-04-2015, 02:54 AM
I had never heard Joyce talk 'hellfire' before!
I don't listen to anyone that does or would.

I walked out of a church that started talking about homosexuality.
I was in a phase of visiting a few charismatic churches, I don't anymore.
I would watch Joel in a minute,very uplifting but don't get him on TV anymore..
I looked up Benny H. just now...it seems he is still doing 'his thing'...
so didn't look like anything has hurt him.

I would say every time I get up out of a car, chair, booth, or
kneel and stand up easily, I remember July 2009 and my hip
(from an injury several years before and was getting so worse)...and smile thanking God...
I mean, it was taken AWAY!

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-04-2015, 07:49 PM
Ascender

These preachers are nasty pieces of work; it's all about "if you're not in our gang, something really bad is going to happen to you" All about power, money & control. I have Pentecostal relatives, they take the bible literally. It's disturbing. I believe there may be a higher power but I don't believe anyone is damned to hell for not accepting "Jesus Christ as their personal saviour". There's very little mediumship/NDE evidence for Hell as in these people's version. I think it's really evil to let people die with that fear in their hearts as well
Old 30-04-2015, 08:04 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
I think it's really evil to let people die with that fear in their hearts as well

I completely agree with your view. People should not have to die with this fear in their hearts. Death can be so fearful for many without being reinforced with hell and the devil.

Seeing Joyce Meyer live I was so shocked yet also very disappointed to see how different a person she was compared to what I saw on TV. More so that she wasn't the genuine person I thought her to be.

Still we live and learn.
Old 30-04-2015, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus
I completely agree with your view. People should not have to die with this fear in their hearts. Death can be so fearful for many without being reinforced with hell and the devil.

Seeing Joyce Meyer live I was so shocked yet also very disappointed to see how different a person she was compared to what I saw on TV. More so that she wasn't the genuine person I thought her to be.

Still we live and learn.
She seemed genuine to me as I was walking out
during her (((hell))) talk!