Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 11-07-2020, 09:24 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hologram8
being as nothing I suppose -

if it requires too much thought I'm really not interested in it
why would I even think about the question in the first place ?

I'm going to do two and a half hours walking meditation now and I'm not going to think about anything - including stepping

I'm not going to be mindful -- I am just going to walk -- so simple - why complicate things - there is nothing to think about - if there is it will arise and fall - and I will just keep walking until the time is up

life will keep happening and I will continue to try to deal with it as it happens

my life is solitude - it's very peaceful and quiet - it's very simple - I have no need for zen questions

That is like what a zen mystic would write.

"Seeing your nature is zen .... Not thinking about anything is zen .... Everything you do is zen." Bodhidharma

But yea, "it" is not owned by "zen," zen is just a place "it" is sometimes represented... spoken of or written about. Like if you wrote a book about the things above, your way of being, a bunch of people may eventually form a group based on your writings and call it "Hologramism."
Old 12-07-2020, 12:07 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn

"Seeing your nature is zen .... Not thinking about anything is zen .... Everything you do is zen." Bodhidharma

But yea, "it" is not owned by "zen," zen is just a place "it" is sometimes represented... spoken of or written about. Like if you wrote a book about the things above, your way of being, a bunch of people may eventually form a group based on your writings and call it "Hologramism."
a cult would be established in my name - like christianity - or buddhism - or confucianism --- just another cult
there's no one in here - we're all just Holograms
I could write a book - and then my book could have a cult following
they could be Hologram like and eat only rice and live in an apartment that is filled with sewer gas and sewer roaches

Last edited by Hologram8 : 12-07-2020 at 12:48 AM.
Old 12-07-2020, 11:48 AM
Master
Quote:
zen isn't my cup of tea as all other religions and philosophies are not -- I just be without looking at it from a zen point of view

being as nothing I suppose -

if it requires too much thought I'm really not interested in it
why would I even think about the question in the first place ?
I'm going to do two and a half hours walking meditation now and I'm not going to think about anything - including stepping

I'm not going to be mindful -- I am just going to walk -- so simple - why complicate things - there is nothing to think about - if there is it will arise and fall - and I will just keep walking until the time is up
life will keep happening and I will continue to try to deal with it as it happens
I like sunday because I can just leave my phone turned off - saturday is a business day here - I am always just hoping that nothing at all happens - so I will have nothing at all to deal with --- it would be a great day if there was no mail and no phone call

unless it was an amazon package

my life is solitude - it's very peaceful and quiet - it's very simple - I have no need for zen questions

You wrote that "I'm going to do two and a half hours walking meditation now and I'm not going to think about anything".

Most people are immersed in thoughts and cannot even imagine a thought-free state. What worked best for you in becoming established in a thought-free state?

(Zen koans and Zen practices constitute just one path to discovering the thought-free state.)
Old 12-07-2020, 11:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn

While "not thinking about anything is zen" according to Bodhidharma, one wonders whether "not thinking" is sufficient to be a Zen Master.
Old 12-07-2020, 03:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
While "not thinking about anything is zen" according to Bodhidharma, one wonders whether "not thinking" is sufficient to be a Zen Master.

But if you be before thinking your Zen Master Still-Waters......
Old 12-07-2020, 04:02 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
You wrote that "I'm going to do two and a half hours walking meditation now and I'm not going to think about anything".

Most people are immersed in thoughts and cannot even imagine a thought-free state. What worked best for you in becoming established in a thought-free state?

(Zen koans and Zen practices constitute just one path to discovering the thought-free state.)

I usually have headphones on studying my mandarin chinese lessons

once I learn the content - I just go back over it repeatedly -

it does not require thought because I'm not learning - I already know the lesson --

the only time I'm required to think is when I'm learning new content and that takes a tremendous amount of my brain -

- I'm not really a fan of learning but I am a fan of knowing -

I have been studying mandarin for 12 years - I know a lot of content that I just go back over repeatedly

I don't have any new content to learn right now - so no thought is required

I will get some more years worth of content to study when I have a stable place to live

- I have been doing the two and a half hours a day walking meditation since august of 2016 - so it's just part of me and it's just something I do without thinking -

- yesterday I actually made an effort to be mindful of breathing - though I'm not so sure that that's necessary

right now I'm supposed to be thinking about an important situation - so I'm not doing mandarin lessons right this moment

but I am just blank without the Mandarin -- even though I'm supposed to be thinking about some important decision - there is nothing - no thought at all -

no thoughts even come up every now and then - I am just walking

same with mandarin -- I am just walking and not thinking - the mandarin comes to me naturally without thinking about anything at all

my mind just speaks mandarin without thought

I even hear voices in Chinese

maybe the fact that I can't deal with life or making decisions is the reason my mind shuts out thought

It's really all too much for me to deal with - just let me be agoraphobic - and walk - and do my mandarin lessons

I don't want to think about anything - it makes my brain hurt -- I am just blocking it all out because it disturbs the peace

I have no need for it - and I don't want to have a need for it - I just want peace and quiet

I walk inside the house - there is nothing to distract me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFxdQB6OFiY
Old 12-07-2020, 04:45 PM
Master
Quote:
I usually have headphones on studying my mandarin chinese lessons

once I learn the content - I just go back over it repeatedly -

it does not require thought because I'm not learning - I already know the lesson --

the only time I'm required to think is when I'm learning new content and that takes a tremendous amount of my brain -

- I'm not really a fan of learning but I am a fan of knowing -

I have been studying mandarin for 12 years - I know a lot of content that I just go back over repeatedly

I don't have any new content to learn right now - so no thought is required

I will get some more years worth of content to study when I have a stable place to live

- I have been doing the two and a half hours a day walking meditation since august of 2016 - so it's just part of me and it's just something I do without thinking -

- yesterday I actually made an effort to be mindful of breathing - though I'm not so sure that that's necessary

right now I'm supposed to be thinking about an important situation - so I'm not doing mandarin lessons right this moment

but I am just blank without the Mandarin -- even though I'm supposed to be thinking about some important decision - there is nothing - no thought at all -

no thoughts even come up every now and then - I am just walking

same with mandarin -- I am just walking and not thinking - the mandarin comes to me naturally without thinking about anything at all

my mind just speaks mandarin without thought

I even hear voices in Chinese

maybe the fact that I can't deal with life or making decisions is the reason my mind shuts out thought

It's really all too much for me to deal with - just let me be agoraphobic - and walk - and do my mandarin lessons

I don't want to think about anything - it makes my brain hurt -- I am just blocking it all out because it disturbs the peace

I have no need for it - and I don't want to have a need for it - I just want peace and quiet

I walk inside the house - there is nothing to distract me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFxdQB6OFiY

Everything you have written requires thinking
Old 12-07-2020, 04:48 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Everything you have written requires thinking
maybe writing it requires thinking - but I assure you - when I am walking - I am not thinking anything at all
it is only void
Old 12-07-2020, 05:04 PM
Master
Quote:
maybe writing it requires thinking - but I assure you - when I am walking - I am not thinking anything at all
it is only void

Double Post.
Old 12-07-2020, 05:07 PM
Master
Quote:
it is only void

How do you know which way to walk and how to not trip on something, bump into a tree or another Person etc: ? You find your way back home by thinking your directions otherwise you would be walking around in circles