Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 27-12-2019, 09:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModerndayManifestor
Of course, we are the sum of the 5 people we spend the most time with.

Our beliefs are etched deep within our subconscious!

Hi ModerndayManifesor,

Sorry about the late response.

Has me thinking that as I experience seem the result of many whom crossed my path and continue to do so.

Yes, seems there are patterns and perhaps held beliefs (for lack of better word) that resides in our subconscious. Interesting.

Thank you
Old 27-12-2019, 10:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by meetjazz
Of course it does to a considerable extent. If you were born in the amazon among indigenous people, there is almost zero change you would practice Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism or any other known religion...Although today are quite popular spiritual beliefs as ''Law of Attraction'' and things like that,and also our modern society place and look on the individual as an separate from everything else, where somehow nothing affects us...obsession with one's own fault, guilt, obsession with me, me...such beliefs are simply sheer madness of our modern world. We are totally dependent on everyone and everything else, as well as everything and everyone constantly affecting everything,... If the Sun just sneezes, we are gone with a blink of an eye. If someone closes the factory in a town, there will be no fresh bread anymore or not at all on the table for many people, which will again bring additional effects...From my perspective the world needs to learn and to hear exactly the opposite of ''Law of attraction.'' It needs to hear how we are deeply connected and dependent on each other and everything,...only then can we build some compassionate society, which will make rational choices...

Hi meetjazz,

I seem to observe the same, that everything is connected in some way.

The environment I grew up iin nfluenced my outlook that is perhaps far different from others.

We are all human and part of life here. The Earth can provide for us, but if out of balance and more is taken then needed, then feel problems can occur.

I feel set patterns with in oneself can influence perhaps how someone may view oneself and the world.

Things to change in my life takes and have taken me action to create the changes. It is more then "wishful" thinking, but placing my focus upon what I may want to change or feel need to change.

It is also the ability to create the changes. Which takes for me looking at set patterns with in myself and accepting help from others if deemed to be helpful.

Yes, I notice with in atleast American society there is a self centered attitude going around with some. With others notice there is a very giving attitude. So we can give each other a hand up, but one has to be willing to do so, IMO.

Can see dependencies that have developed through systems set up to provide needed commodities. I feel many have not been taught to provide for oneself or go out and forage. Supermarkets have become the modern day hunting grounds, lol. I myself am dependent upon the markets selling goods.

Other cultures still pass on the skills, to my understanding.

Just has me wonder at times by becoming so dependent upon others to provide, if this has contributed to some becoming more seperated from the Earth and the delicate balance of life here. Not being aware of how much the Earth can and does provide. Just a thought

I think in some ways the effects are being felt, but are enough paying attention?

Just sharing some thoughts.

Thank you for sharing
Old 28-12-2019, 03:56 AM
Newbie ;)

you are all beyond the mind I can express in words. please carry on
Old 28-12-2019, 05:56 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
These subconscious held beliefs form into habits and patterns. For example "I believe I am unworthy." Not true, but if believed to be true may affect behavior that affirms this held belief. It is to me in a way self sabbataging oneself. For even if I desire to be worthy, if the set belief I am not worthy is not recongnized, brought to the conscious mind, subconsciously it will affect how I view myself, thus confirm the belief.

I agree if you believe it to be true you are more likely to act in a way consistent with it being true. OTOH, noone asks the question WHY do I value the idea that it isn't true so much?
Old 28-12-2019, 02:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
I agree if you believe it to be true you are more likely to act in a way consistent with it being true. OTOH, noone asks the question WHY do I value the idea that it isn't true so much?

Hi FallingLeaves,

Suppose one can also question Why do I believe it is true? Or drop it and recongnize what works and what does not and figure it out from there.

Depends on what I am focused on at the moment.

At times even if it is uncomfortable, it is familiar and the unknown or that which has been suppressed in some way can be difficult to face. Some things have taken me time and maturity to be able to work out.

You bring up a good point.

Thank you
Old 28-12-2019, 04:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azur-el
you are all beyond the mind I can express in words. please carry on

Hi Azur-el,

I find the expression "beyond the mind" a bit courious while experiencing/living as this human being.

Can understand in essence that "we" are Spirit/energy( if preferred), but it seems to me that information received gets processed with in the mind.

For me it is how I may or may not use/apply the information received. To not necessarily take that all information is true or the complete picture.

Just my take at the moment.

Thank you
Old 28-12-2019, 05:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Suppose one can also question Why do I believe it is true? Or drop it and recongnize what works and what does not and figure it out from there.
Love the question and it shows how rigid we can be holding onto belief of all sorts. The thing is every decision we made (and make) works and can be made to work so we don't recognize everything works, so not dropped. This goes hand in hand with making our own reality. It works. As said, its about what I am focused on at the moment.

You know, my own feeling is (awareness), if I had been born today with certain differing factors for instance, I know (predict) I'd be different. Which I is the true one?
Old 29-12-2019, 12:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Love the question and it shows how rigid we can be holding onto belief of all sorts. The thing is every decision we made (and make) works and can be made to work so we don't recognize everything works, so not dropped. This goes hand in hand with making our own reality. It works. As said, its about what I am focused on at the moment.

You know, my own feeling is (awareness), if I had been born today with certain differing factors for instance, I know (predict) I'd be different. Which I is the true one?

Hi lemex,

I guess what may influence the perspective is whether I expect something or not. When expectations are not met feel, "well that didn't work."

Some things may work this way, like when I am making a sauce, if the recipe or ingrediences are not blended and cooked just right, well it may not taste right.

So, in some ways dropping expectations can be freeing and open my mind, in other ways if I may want something to turn out right or understood may take research and following certain procedsures, IMO.

Again depends on what I am doing and focused on. To tie this into how I am viewing this at thie moment.

Not so black and white, there is plenty of middle ground. At times what may of been considered a mistake creates some interesting new things and discoveries.

"Which I is the true one?" The one being right now. It is flexable and has gone through many changes and will continue to. That's life isn't it? The person is still here as long as I live, then will be of other form. As I feel it at this time.

It seems to me that if this person has an identity, perhaps it continues and blends with the soul, just not so individual, but as one., just a thought, make sense?

Yes, if not born when I was and gone through what I have, would be a different person indeed. Which I suspect would still have an I-dentity of some kind. and influenced by the environment here.

Last edited by Moonglow : 29-12-2019 at 02:34 AM.
Old 11-07-2020, 02:27 AM
Master
My Environment effects how I view myself and beliefs. I have lived in Beloit Wisconsin the whole 26 years of my life.
Old 20-07-2020, 12:03 PM
Newbie ;)

[quote=Shivani Devi]”The "Biology of Belief" has pride of place on my bookshelf..it sits right next to "The Divine Matrix" by Gregg Braden”

SNAP! Shivani devi :-) I bought both books at roughly the same time over a decade ago and they both were/are really inspiring reads.

The divine matrix philosophy of the united consciousness ‘web’ - a few people have an idea and in time all will know that idea, i really resonate with.
It’s what gives me hope for humanity. When we reach a ‘critical mass number’ of ‘unified conscious spirit awareness’ in a few people - that is the crux for all global minds to eventually ‘catch on’.....i feel that process is occurring more tangibly now than decades earlier. Im very optimistic.

The nature/nurture argument is one which fascinates. Certainly once we’re out of parental nurturing influence, life experiences and what WE CHOOSE to expose ourselves to during life will influence us moreso, especially as we become more adult in our thinking/independent from what was ‘taught’ by family environments.

I see life as a recipe for a wonderful meal.
All the ingredients are our life experiences, so will render the meal tasty or disgusting.

WE really do get choice about what ‘diet’ of life experience we are involved in, once we become adult and independent.

A saying has recently been appearing in life - “you become the company you keep”

Everything is energy - energetic patterns affect this energy-sensitive machine body we inhabit. Its important to make choices which resonate with the energetic experiences we WANT, and transform those less than desirable experiences into satisfying experiences.