Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 16-11-2019, 07:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Do you want to know why?

Because over the past few weeks, I have noticed your attitude change towards me. You have started taking me to task over stuff I post when before, you did not bother...why?
You must admit you did err in the Islam section which you
admitted to. I made no further comment on that subject. You claim I have started taking you to task
over stuff you post but that can also be said of how you view my post. You must admit,
As a side note: I have not called you names but you can not say the same.

Quote:
You say that you have a secret to divulge to me and when the time is right, you
will reveal it...well, I am not holding my breath for that...I don't care about that!
Well..... if you are not interested in knowing, I see no reason telling you.
Quote:
At least I have the honesty to say that I have never been to the place where you say that
people walk on hot coals or play with rattlesnakes...so until I DO, I cannot even make any
comparison because none can be made! That is what I am getting at.
But...... you still labeled me a skeptic.
Quote:
No doubt the mystical practices of other Religions is what drew the adherents if such into it and it isn't just confined to Hinduism... therefore, I could be any other religion other than Hinduism which has similar practices, so why limit myself to just one belief system?
That is basically what I was saying from my observation.

Quote:
That is easy...because I would just get too bloody confused if I tried to incorporate any
conflicting ideologies into it and would end up becoming an irreligious Atheist if I tried...and I don't want
to go that route.
Looking at the commonality of other belief systems will not make an atheist, in my opinion.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 16-11-2019, 08:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
You must admit you did err in the Islam section which you
admitted to. I made no further comment on that subject. You claim I have started taking you to task
over stuff you post but that can also be said of how you view my post. You must admit,
As a side note: I have not called you names but you can not say the same.

Well..... if you are not interested in knowing, I see no reason telling you.

But...... you still labeled me a skeptic.
That is basically what I was saying from my observation.

Looking at the commonality of other belief systems will not make an atheist, in my opinion.
So, do I have to WANT to know something before you see a reason to tell me? That is rich.

John, I can read between the lines and I KNOW that what I said is what you were getting at...you should try a more direct approach with me instead of getting me to play your "guessing games" and beating around the bush because we both know I am too Intelligent for that.

Quote:

In other words, if you have something to say, then either come out and say it or remain silent.

I wish you all the best on your journey and on your path but here is where I get off...this is my stop and our paths have stopped crossing now and I must be on my way..I hope we meet again in future take care...goodbye and good luck.
Old 16-11-2019, 10:53 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hello,

Was watching a video on YouTube by Bruce Lipton.

Just stating this for reference and what inspires some thoughts. So, presenting some thoughts.

There is a premis presented in which what one comes to believe and/or believes is formed by ones environment.

These beliefs are deeply rooted with in the subconscious and one may be only aware of 5% while the other 95% lays with in the subconscious.

These subconscious held beliefs form into habits and patterns. For example "I believe I am unworthy." Not true, but if believed to be true may affect behavior that affirms this held belief. It is to me in a way self sabbataging oneself. For even if I desire to be worthy, if the set belief I am not worthy is not recongnized, brought to the conscious mind, subconsciously it will affect how I view myself, thus confirm the belief.

I find this interesting for over the years been working on bringing old habits to the surface and look at why I may or may not do things that I know and/or desire to do.

Sure it is easy to just call it fear, but what is giving rise to this? It comes to me that it has been placed in my mind long time ago and formed into a pattern/habit.

Perhaps at first was to protect the self from further trauma or hurt, but then in a way formed into a belief. That I may get hurt or unworthy.

So, these thoughts brings it back to what Bruce Lipton and I think there are others speak about when proposing that our environment forms our beliefs.

This can even go back to past lives traumas, which I find possible.

Now, to me, not all of what I or another have experienced is traumatic or give a warped view of the self. Some is quite inspiring and helps one survive. The question is: How much of ones environment affects what one may believe?

It comes off to me as recongnizing habits and patterns and understanding as best one can what formed these. For me it has and continues to better understand myself and come to peace.

If it is to use what benefits and let go of what does not, then how can this be fully done if one is not willing to go deeper.

For me it plays a big part in realizing just who I truly am.

Hope this is clear. Welcome any thoughts and insights.

Feel this plays a part in bringing understanding and self awareness. Looking at what may lie and lays underneath the surface.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Hello Moonglow,

I have not read all posts on this thread but what I think and believe and my insight is the following,

The environment does play an effect and forms beliefs about the self in childhood, some of which may be untrue or false.

It is up to each individual to question and examine their beliefs and belief system in order to examine the reality and truth of them as well as how substantial they are and how they all fit togerher as part of a bigger picture or a puzzle in our lives, their impact and influence on it, gradually discarding what is untrue/false and unreal.

Most of it, is indeed subconscious but, there are ways of another to access this and turn subconscious thoughts and beliefs into consciousness/awareness and become aware of them, which is my suggestion and recommendations.

It is my belief that another cannot work on any matters unless they become aware of them, bring them into consciousness.

All the best!.
Old 16-11-2019, 12:34 PM
Master
Yeah.. beliefs are a product of your environment. You may grow up in a religion, and that religion's origins was shaped and limited by the environment in which it was founded. That's why every religion offers regional and continental observations. The Bible and the Vedas don't mention kangaroos, polar bears, or deinonychus. Instead, they talk about horses, cows, and lions and have narratives around such animals.

When the ''dinosauroid'' was speculated in 1982, and the 80s had the series V, years later people suddenly began to ''experience'' reptilians in ''mystical'' experiences. From there on onwards, people create more narratives, and add more fuel to the belief system. In other times and places, people see something else. Reptilians, angels, hell pigs, Jesus, orcs, a prophet, talking giraffes. Our *mind* [which isn't really a 'thing'/entity] can create false subjective experiences. We seek patterns, but we can be totally wrong about them, like when you think the clouds ''want'' to ''show'' you a giraffe, or when Constantine saw a cross and he used it for his crusade.
Old 16-11-2019, 01:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine111
Hello Moonglow,

I have not read all posts on this thread but what I think and believe and my insight is the following,

The environment does play an effect and forms beliefs about the self in childhood, some of which may be untrue or false.

It is up to each individual to question and examine their beliefs and belief system in order to examine the reality and truth of them as well as how substantial they are and how they all fit togerher as part of a bigger picture or a puzzle in our lives, their impact and influence on it, gradually discarding what is untrue/false and unreal.

Most of it, is indeed subconscious but, there are ways of another to access this and turn subconscious thoughts and beliefs into consciousness/awareness and become aware of them, which is my suggestion and recommendations.

It is my belief that another cannot work on any matters unless they become aware of them, bring them into consciousness.

All the best!.

Hello Sunshine11,

I relate to much of what you present.

Will add it also takes a willingness to change and/or adjust.

True if not fully aware of something, then can one change it or understand it?

Through the years and will add growing older gained insight and more secure with in myself.

Some of the growth and awareness is asking myself why do I believe it? Meaning, is it something that was told to me or convinced myself as being or is it something experienced and through this becomes a knowing a sorts?

Thank you for sharing
Old 16-11-2019, 02:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Yeah.. beliefs are a product of your environment. You may grow up in a religion, and that religion's origins was shaped and limited by the environment in which it was founded. That's why every religion offers regional and continental observations. The Bible and the Vedas don't mention kangaroos, polar bears, or deinonychus. Instead, they talk about horses, cows, and lions and have narratives around such animals.

When the ''dinosauroid'' was speculated in 1982, and the 80s had the series V, years later people suddenly began to ''experience'' reptilians in ''mystical'' experiences. From there on onwards, people create more narratives, and add more fuel to the belief system. In other times and places, people see something else. Reptilians, angels, hell pigs, Jesus, orcs, a prophet, talking giraffes. Our *mind* [which isn't really a 'thing'/entity] can create false subjective experiences. We seek patterns, but we can be totally wrong about them, like when you think the clouds ''want'' to ''show'' you a giraffe, or when Constantine saw a cross and he used it for his crusade.

Hi Altair,

You touch upon some things that play in my mind.

What is believed because one is told it is such and what is believed because it is experienced.

Some things become a "fad" of sorts because of marketing and popularity. For example may think one knows about a celebrity because of what has been said about him/her, but never met them, so does one really know them?

This, for me, can also apply to any practice or faith. Some may say they are just beliefs, while another may say they are and/or leads one to a truth. If one does practice and apply these to ones life does one really know whether they be just a belief or a knowing of sorts?

Yes, many stories passed down used the environment at the time to illustrate the message being conveyed. Wonder what would be used in modern societies to illustrate our current situation or "teach"?

Yeah, can agree our minds can create whatever it likes. The imagination can be quite powerful. Not all of what may arise from it is negative or fantasy. At times it reflects what is possible and gives rise to some wonderful stuff.

The difference for me is if I don't in some way apply to my life, then it just remains an idea/belief. If applied to my life then it seems it gets better understood and more practical.

Brings to mind; Don't believe everything you hear?

Thank you for sharing
Old 16-11-2019, 06:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Brings to mind; Don't believe everything you hear?
Is this even possible. Our formal beliefs are something that come to us in early life, we adopt them, we were told what to believe. We heard! It becomes our are. What is the perspective of belief about? So belief is (arises) from the environment, being nurtured in us. Of course one only needs to look out in the world to see that. If I am born here I believe that, born somewhere else and I accept that. We find belief tends to be isolated and isolating and predictable that fit each region they exist in with consciousness behind them.
Old 16-11-2019, 07:48 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Is this even possible. Our formal beliefs are something that come to us in early life, we adopt them, we were told what to believe. We heard! It becomes our are. What is the perspective of belief about? So belief is (arises) from the environment, being nurtured in us. Of course one only needs to look out in the world to see that. If I am born here I believe that, born somewhere else and I accept that. We find belief tends to be isolated and isolating and predictable that fit each region they exist in with consciousness behind them.

Beliefs can change over time, even entire belief systems. Do you believe everything you did when you were five years old? How about ten? Fifteen?

How many old beliefs have you discarded and how many new beliefs have you adopted? There's only one thing that doesn't change and that's awareness.
Old 16-11-2019, 08:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Beliefs can change over time, even entire belief systems. Do you believe everything you did when you were five years old? How about ten? Fifteen?

How many old beliefs have you discarded and how many new beliefs have you adopted? There's only one thing that doesn't change and that's awareness.
I have discarded no beliefs, my experiencing, I still believe in God. This is merely my experience and not intended to be an argument but truth as to what I see about me. Many people still believe aspects of what they were told when five, ten, fifteen, through the entire span. I still think hearing leads to accepting and familiarity toward the subject. Ideas become aligned. But you are correct belief about parts or elements change, not everything to be sure and what I have heard here (written) many disagree with parts teachers still teach where others do not disagree or change. Teacher don't change for sure. But if a person was told about God and at 70 believe in God there is no change, seen not in terms of years but generations. You being up a nice point about the longevity of belief in terms of years. Many just fall into the pattern of it. I cannot throw everything away.
Old 16-11-2019, 08:48 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
I have discarded no beliefs, my experiencing, I still believe in God. Many people still believe aspects of what they were told when five, ten, fifteen, through the entire span. But you are correct belief about parts or elements change, not everything to be sure and what I have heard many disagree with parts teachers still teach where others do not disagree or change. Teacher don't change for sure. But if a person was told about God and at 70 believe in God there is no change, seen not in terms of years but generations. You being up a nice point about the longevity of belief in terms of years. Many just fall into the pattern of it.

Of course it depends on the individual but belief in anything is not cast in stone. The same environmental factors that instill a belief can dismantle the very same belief. The only thing aside from awareness that's constant is change.

By the way, do you still believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy? I know that might sound ridiculous but it's really not because I'm sure at one point you had fervent belief in them.

Belief isn't only religious and if non-religious beliefs can be dismantled so can religious beliefs. Happens all the time.