Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 15-12-2014, 09:33 PM
Pathfinder

Red face self confidence / esteem

How can i build my self esteem and self confidence?

I have faced rejection and I paid my karma.. Is there a way to make me feel better about mysel? Rather than blaming and regreting the past
Old 15-12-2014, 10:06 PM
candelight

you got a PM
Old 16-12-2014, 09:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by candelight
you got a PM
Hey candelight i got the same problem plz help me too
Please help!!!!
TY TY TY in advance
Old 16-12-2014, 09:48 AM
candelight

Check out this workbook:

http://www.amazon.com/Self-Esteem-Wo...workbook+glenn

I am using it.

This is also a good one:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Self-Estee...85SNMHMGYYXSXY

I learnt that my root of my low self esteem is due to my parents constant criticism and crushing me. It is also one of the reasons why I constantly need to compare myself to others in order to grade myself. That is bad for self esteem and self-confidence.

The first one is a workbook. I found it useful. The second book is also good.
Old 16-12-2014, 10:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noon84

I have faced rejection and I paid my karma.. Is there a way to make me feel better about mysel? Rather than blaming and regreting the past

Hi Noon,

I was just curious about how you fit this together with meditation.
Old 16-12-2014, 01:43 PM
Hypnoticalec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noon84

In that case, stop trying to change yourself. Look straight into your soul and accept what you are. Accept your past and move forward.
Old 17-12-2014, 03:32 AM
May I just say what I do?
You don't have to.

I read everything I get my hands on to reinforce, re-program my subconscious mind...yesterday I found this small book,
"This Thing Called You" by Ernest Holmes, the founder of Science of Mind.
He says what I already know...and I love hearing it in every way from every angle.

I am made of nothing but 'God stuff'...it can't be any other way.
He made my mind from His,
my body and all it's atoms filled with pure light from Him,
my soul with the same spark like a ray from the Sun Itself.

I am the princess of a King...and so are you with all privileges the children of the Creator
of the Universe have...having Him inside us.

I am wonderful, beautiful, loving, peaceful, confident, powerful
and kind...and so are you ...just like Him.

Confidence is happiness...confidence comes from knowing exactly who you are...and Who's your Daddy.

In this is freedom...and freedom is joy...forever.

Then, go inside... in stillness...make a place in your heart
for Him to come. He won't be able to stay away.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-12-2014, 06:20 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Confidence is generally described as a state of being certain either that a hypothesis or prediction is correct or that a chosen course of action is the best or most effective. Self-confidence is having confidence in oneself. Arrogance or hubris in this comparison, is having unmerited confidence—believing something or someone is capable or correct when they are not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
In sociology and psychology, self-esteem reflects a person's overall emotional evaluation of his or her own worth. It is a judgment of oneself as well as an attitude toward the self.
Basically it's a feeling, and those are inside you. Only you can be sure of exactly what you feel, even in the case you can't put words on it. So ultimately you can make you feel good about you. Take note of the difference in thinking and feeling, thinking you are confident when you are not is hubris. There's a certain aspect of humility to it, to think of oneself less. Personally I feel better when I don't think of myself and instead feel myself, I channel my thinking out towards all that is out there.

Who were you before you thought you knew who you were? Look deep inside, focus on it, meditate on it. You hold the key, find the door to unlock.
Old 17-12-2014, 06:33 AM
KevinO

Forgive yourself then forgive everyone else.

As practical no one does anything morally wrong in this place.

You are still hanging onto blame, yourself and/or others.

So, as life comes up, as your timeline comes up, forgive yourself completely then forgive each person for everything.

It is that easy, and that hard but it works.
Old 17-12-2014, 05:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by candelight
Check out this workbook:

http://www.amazon.com/Self-Esteem-Wo...workbook+glenn

I am using it.

This is also a good one:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Self-Estee...85SNMHMGYYXSXY

I learnt that my root of my low self esteem is due to my parents constant criticism and crushing me. It is also one of the reasons why I constantly need to compare myself to others in order to grade myself. That is bad for self esteem and self-confidence.

The first one is a workbook. I found it useful. The second book is also good.
Thanks my friend will do
I don't think its just your parents could be very close friends and of course your own self
Hope it helps me i need it
cheers