Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 04-09-2012, 09:18 PM
dhaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientwarrior
I've had some past life remembrances that are so intense emotionally that it takes at least a day to get over it and the remembrance might have been all of 5 minutes human time.

I can fully relate to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientwarrior
I believe they have to ease us into ideas and such so that we don't get overloaded with more than we can handle. Also, since I do remember things said, I do have to say it's really hard to convince others especially when they don't remember and if they do it gets removed at night again.

The convincing has been especially hard for me, especially when I know the people in the memories. I know who they were before and I know who they are now. But they do not remember.

I have come to believe when we reincarnate we are guaranteed to forget certain things, but in some cases we also get to choose whether to remember during our current life, or not to remember. Those who chose not to remember, those are the most difficult for me. They cannot understand that my love for them runs much deeper than this life; it has run for lifetimes. Getting emotional just typing about it.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:56 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamode
So just to clarify what the "built-in amnesia" supposedly is: We have the amnesia placed into us every time we reincarnate so that we purposely do not remember any past lives.

If anyone else has any other reasons to add on why we have this amensia, that would be great.
Although there is the rebirth of energetic components from our lives what is reborn is not 'I'. The reborn stuff has general characteristics but no personal ones. Because of that there is no need to have amnesia implanted. The personal stuff dissolves in the in-between.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:36 AM
Master
if we were allowed to recall past lives it would make it very hard to focus on this life.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Quagmire

I do not think we have amnesia when we reincarnate, it is just that our memories lies within our spirit/soul (or what you want to call it) and the physical body we get to play in is fresh and have no memories yet. The life we have down here is both recorded into our physical body and our spirit. In order to access memories from past lives we smply have to access it within our spirit.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:38 PM
Knower
It is not meant to be the case. A lot of us could remember the past of our spiritual nature if this world allowed it too but it doesn't. I think it is necessary to think outside the box for this because all I am seeing is 'because its a mystery' or 'to forget', when really that isn't what everyone wants in a incarnation.

Other realms probably do allow the knowledge of the player because its vital not to lose knowledge to wander away from a goal or a pursuance in a task that has great benefits to oneself, and possibly others. The world isn't covered in happy faces and joy in every corner because the truth is rather not the case, and more malevolent in nature. I can understand if one does not understand but its not always about seeking pleasure for the experiencer, but to help others come away from the suffering they endure.

We are all surrounded by negativity and for some of us not to retain knowledge from the past is not a positive attribute. It would be much more beneficial for good souls to help humanity against the entities that lower us down, am I right?
Old 05-09-2012, 08:52 PM
justme_jebba

greetings friends,
perhaps a few clues to past lives

birthmarks and phobias and dejavus

be a good thread too about these..i will do that now
Old 06-09-2012, 05:33 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by daverigler
We are all surrounded by negativity and for some of us not to retain knowledge from the past is not a positive attribute. It would be much more beneficial for good souls to help humanity against the entities that lower us down, am I right?

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Perhaps you can explain further. Are you saying that the world would be a much better place as far as people doing good things and being more loving, if we actually retained past life memories and/or memories of the spiritual world? If that's what you're saying, I guess I'd agree.

Supposedly Earth as humans is one of the most difficult worlds to live in as compared to other worlds where other souls incarnate as different species. And there are pure mental worlds, which are the easiest to live in.

I get frustrated a lot of times at how messed up Earth is with all the greed and abuse happening everywhere. If more people realized what we realize, it would be a better place. The dominating religions of the world that do not believe in reincarnation really are hurting the world I think. Believing and accepting reincarnation among everyone would make the world a better place. As it is, too many people are under the impression that you only live once, so this causes negative actions that wouldnt otherwise be done if there was an awareness about reincarnation.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Knower
Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Perhaps you can explain further. Are you saying that the world would be a much better place as far as people doing good things and being more loving, if we actually retained past life memories and/or memories of the spiritual world? If that's what you're saying, I guess I'd agree.

Supposedly Earth as humans is one of the most difficult worlds to live in as compared to other worlds where other souls incarnate as different species. And there are pure mental worlds, which are the easiest to live in.

I get frustrated a lot of times at how messed up Earth is with all the greed and abuse happening everywhere. If more people realized what we realize, it would be a better place. The dominating religions of the world that do not believe in reincarnation really are hurting the world I think. Believing and accepting reincarnation among everyone would make the world a better place. As it is, too many people are under the impression that you only live once, so this causes negative actions that wouldnt otherwise be done if there was an awareness about reincarnation.

Yes, right you are :)
Old 10-09-2012, 08:52 PM
dhaga

Quote:
Believing and accepting reincarnation among everyone would make the world a better place. As it is, too many people are under the impression that you only live once, so this causes negative actions that wouldnt otherwise be done if there was an awareness about reincarnation.

I agree. However, the other side of the coin, believing that we only have one life, is that some people are more careful than they otherwise might be. I wouldn't want people throwing their lives to the wind, either :)

It is a difficult balance, knowing that we will come back, but also cherishing every day of every life we live.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:15 PM
Neville

Quote:
I do not think we have amnesia when we reincarnate, it is just that our memories lies within our spirit/soul (or what you want to call it) and the physical body we get to play in is fresh and have no memories yet. The life we have down here is both recorded into our physical body and our spirit. In order to access memories from past lives we smply have to access it within our spirit.

tut tut tut. tickling the subject matter as ever just to tantalise and tease.The art of creation is magnificent in its simplicity.

By dint of living we become life. Its not at all about individuals. You have the genetic memory in you of all of life , going right back to the Amino gooey stuff that kick started it all.

Did you know then that as a result of that we all share a common history, a common now and a common evolution.

We are wired into the mainframe of creation by being an active part in it. Its a sub atomic thing. Everything in your genetic Memory is your personal history and the history of life on Earth, accessing it via meditation ? possibly..I certainly know of the Akashic Library or Light Library..

The OPs remarks about people in your life not being as special as one might initially think. Au Contraire,, They are facets of you. And they reflect brilliantly

Last edited by arive nan : 13-07-2013 at 03:31 PM.